Open today: 6:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Incredible sunset kayaking - great guides

We had an amazing visit to Sian Kaan for kayaking. The whole trip was awesome. The guides were very... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
automag98
Mobile, Alabama
For any kayak and nature lover, this is an absolut ''must do'' when visiting the Yucatan region.

What better way to experience the Sia Ka'an biosphere than to go on this amazing kayak tour being... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
wunderes
Quebec

Recommended experiences in and around Tulum
from US$138.99
from US$135.00
from US$170.00
from US$115.00
More Info
All reviews kayak tour the reserve sian ka'an sunset kayaking posada luna del sur home cooked dinner bird watching long sleeve shirt kayaking experience jungle expedition fava beans delicious snacks local wildlife frigate birds mangrove islands unique ecosystem puffer fish
Reviewed June 8, 2016

My boyfriend and I were in Tulum for 4 relaxing days and wanted to visit the rookeries/bird islands that we had heard about. This was the highest rated company on TripAdvisor that did these tours, so I started emailing. Jessica, who seems to do the behind the scenes work, was very responsive. She always replied within 24 hours to my emails with questions about the various tours, starting times, transportation to the reserve, etc.

When we showed up for our tour, we were met by our guide, Antonio, who seems to be known throughout Tulum for his tours. (We had participated in another snorkeling tour of the cenotes with Agua Clara and they were very excited for us when they heard we were going to explore the reserve with Antonio.) The afternoon started with snorkeling in a large open cenote and since it was just the two of us plus Antonio and his assistant Chino, we got to decide when it was time to move on to the next activity. We were driven from the cenote to the Yucatan Outdoors base camp (with delicious snacks en route even though it was just a 5 minute drive), signed some waivers, then headed out to the biosphere with Antonio and Ricardo. I'm not sure how long we were out there for - 2 hours? Four? But Antonio and Ricardo were very patient, helpful kayaking guides (neither myself nor my boyfriend had been in a 2 person kayak before) and seemed to have a very thorough knowledge about the birds and the area. We got to see the sun set over the lagoon as the birds returned to their islands to roost, which was just magical. Not to mention that Ricardo was taking pictures of us/the scenery the whole way (which they then sent to us on Google Drive afterwards) so we got to forget about the camera and just enjoy the experience. To top it all off, the tour was finished with a huge, delicious, homemade dinner spread back at the base camp.

My boyfriend and I are already talking about the next time we visit Tulum and what tour we'd like to try next with Yucatan Outdoors.

Reviewed May 31, 2016

Antonio, Jessica and their extended family provide a great experience for those seeking an adventurous day. The trips can be tailored for families, novices or more "hard core" folks (Especially good for bird watchers, not my forte, but thoroughly enjoyed it) The price was daunting initially, but would gladly book the trip again, a great value! Especially liked the family dinner on a bluff overlooking the beach. If you want an active trip with an expert guide and also hang with some "locals" in their camp, this trip is for you.

Reviewed May 11, 2016

Antonio and Jessica run a truly amazing and unique adventure company. My girlfriend and I had an unforgettable experience, and words can't describe how beautiful Sian Ka'an is. The quality of guiding was exceptional and both Antonio and Jessica are clearly very passionate and knowledgeable about what they do. The private paddle through the mangroves at sunrise was the perfect start to an amazing adventure. The vast amount of birds and wildlife is amazing to see in this incredible ecosystem, and you can really see the effort that has been put in to protect this paradise.

We can't express how much we enjoyed ourselves, and if the fresh fruit and trail mix during the paddle wasn't enough, there was even a traditional feast awaiting us after. Truely a one in a kind experience with friendly and knowledgable people. Couldn't think of a better way to experience Sian Ka'an than with Yucatan Outdoors. Thank you from both of us for a truely amazing experience!!

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed May 9, 2016

Let me just add my voice to the chorus of praise for Yucatan Outdoors. We just returned from a long weekend (not nearly enough:() in Tulum and our adventure with Antonio and Jessica was definitely a highlight. Snorkeling in the cenote was interesting but the kayaking portion, which was the bulk of the day, was truly phenomenal. We chose the 2pm tour and so glad we did because catching the sunset at the edge of the lagoon after taking in amazing amounts of birds and mangroves was a truly special end. But that wasn't really the end--the dinner that Antonio and Jessica served us was the end and WOW! Their dining room, like the rest of their "house", is in the open air of the bio reserve. We dined on a homemade dinner sitting at a table atop the dune listening to the waves crash below. They were gracious hosts and fascinating dinner companions. And their love for the land permeates everything they do. It was really inspiring. Muchas gracias, YO!

Reviewed April 23, 2016

I think it is all in your perspective. Was it just what we were looking for, yep. Was it exciting no, most sea kayak trips aren't. We have done a number of different kayak trips in the Americas and this one provided just what it advertised. We saw a large assortment of birds. Watching the juvenile frigate birds practicing dropping sticks while the other grabbed it in mid air was a great treat. We had great insights by Ricardo our guide. The food after returning was awesome, best meal we had the whole week, ok maybe being hot and tired helped. The pictures emailed to us were great.

Date of experience: March 2016