All reviews communal kitchen treetop suite om hotel manager tom beach road cook your own meals other guests easy beach access solar power each morning juan carlos mosquito net car rental great recommendations water pressure sian ka'an coba ruins
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This is my very first review ever on anything and I had to write a review b/c it was that fantastic! Cheryl and Frank are the friendliest and the most helpful hosts, ever! Whatever you may need during your stay, they'll either have it for you or know how to get it.

Las Palmas Maya is by far the best bargain for the buck! The rooms are super clean and fresh towels and linens upon request. Quick and easy access to the beach with restful and quiet nights in the evening. I can't say enough about how enjoyable and relaxing our stay was. It doesn't feel like a hotel but rather like you're staying at a good friend's tree house. It has wonderful people with excellent accommodations which are every traveler's goal.

4  Thank jdawg11201
Reviewed May 20, 2012

My friend and I arrived in Tulum on a wet and stormy night in April (much to our surprise) but the welcome we received from Cheryl and Frank was definitely warm! A welcome beer on the house and a helping hand with our bags was welcome after a long flight from the UK. We spent five nights in Tulum and it was the perfect amount of time to unwind. We stayed in the treetop suite which had a lovely balcony with a view over Beach Road, which was perfect for people watching with the free morning coffee. Cheryl and Frank are really welcoming hosts with lots of advice on where to eat and what to do. They have added little extras like pressurised showers in the evening which are just what you need after a sandy day on the beach! They have a good relationship with Hotel Om, which means even though the hotel is not directly on the beach you can pootle across the road and use Om's sun loungers. Om does great food. Would also recommend Zebra just up the road for dinner.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank cheerynarration
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Recently returned from a trip to Mexico- was in Tulum for only one night, but that was enough for me to know I'd like to return again very soon!
I was so glad that I chose to stay closer to the beach, rather than town. It's a very quaint area, with lots of charm. The minute we pulled up to the "hotel," we were warmly greeted by Frank and Cheryl as if we were old friends. They offered us drinks, and were very helpful in assisting us with luggage and parking. The accommodations are rustic, and minimal, but I'd much rather that than the large resort we stayed at prior to (The Riu for a wedding.. ugh).
There was always plenty of hot water, and the bed was very comfortable (although be prepared to wake early to the sounds of birds..which I actually loved). There's no a/c, but the fan in the room was sufficient (however, I'm always cold, so if you're sensitive to heat, you may want to see if there's a room with a/c- not sure if there is). The common area outside is very inviting, and we met the other guests (two other couples.. only 4 rooms or so total, so very intimate) and once again, it had a feeling of sitting in my backyard with some pals. The location is great- close to restaurants and beach. Frank/Cheryl had amazing recommends for food (posada margharita for dinner- delicious, albiet a bit pricey; and las ranitas for breakfast- don't miss out on that! The food was good, but the views and drinks were priceless).
This lodging is not for those that want fancy digs, but rather a warm place to call "home" while traveling in Tulum. I hope to return sooner than later.

3  Thank gidget2
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I stayed at Las Palmas Maya in April 2012. It was my first visit to Tulum, and it couldn't have been more welcoming. Las Palmas Maya was a comfortable, pleasant and quiet place to spend a week. The hosts, Cheryl and Frank, were warm, kind and helpful, always looking after their guests to make sure you're enjoying your stay.

The property is on the jungle side of the Tulum coast, further down the beach road and a close bike ride to great restaurants and the Sian Ka'an biosphere. Beach access is right across the street-couldn't be easier. Being on the jungle side of the beach road had it perks. It is quiet, and you wake up to the sounds of birds chirping, as opposed to the noise of traffic. The room was cool at night, perfect for sleeping, and the beds are comfortable and big. The showers were great, and there was always hot water. Cheryl makes a great pot of coffee every morning, free for guests. There is a kitchen and refrigerator on the property, which is really convenient for storing food and making your own meals. We saved a lot of money by having milk, juice and cereal for breakfasts.

The onsite bike rentals (free for a day if you stay three or more days!) were a great perk, as was the cooler of drinks, beer etc always kept stocked. Most importantly, Cheryl and Frank are experts at making their guests feel welcome. They genuinely enjoy getting to know their guests, and we had great conversations at the kitchen table. They were also really helpful in making restaurant recommendations, setting up day trips to the ruins and cenotes, and taking care of transportation to the airport. Their kindness and warmth makes you feel as though you are staying with family. I highly recommend Las Palmas Maya-it really does live up to all the great reviews on Trip Advisor!

4  Thank Stefania B
Reviewed April 19, 2012

We spent 4 nights at Las Palmas Maya after 2 nights at Posada Luna del Sur in Tulum pueblo. The room was very comfortable and clean, the availability of the outdoor kitchen with designated refrigerator and cabinet space and availability of a stove or grill in a lovely covered outdoor area was great. The beach is close and beautiful, and Tom the manager was very friendly and helpful.

4  Thank SarahVT