All reviews que fresco small beachfront live music every night beach front great live music laid back mosquito net road noise ocean view fish tacos playa del carmen beach road watch the sunrise no air conditioning guacamole sound of the waves tulum town
Reviewed May 20, 2018

Stayed on the property for nearly a week, as part of a wedding party. From day one of arriving nearly 20 hours after my wife's and my flight (from Dubai) we were greeted by hands down one of the most personable, friendly, and professional front of house staff members I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with (Dante). He was not only gracious enough to see our bags were wheeled to our room (we were staying on the other side of the beach road - near the pool area) but offered us a welcome drink just in time for sunset!

During the entirety of the stay, we were ALWAYS greeted with friendly, smiley, and considerate staff. Everyone from housekeeping to the restaurant. Whilst the property is split into areas, it still retains a lot of personal touches, and most staff were always quick to greet us by our names. We truly felt like we were family, not just guests!

I had requested treats in light of my wife's birthday and each and every request was handled spot on, from the feedback of management to staff rolling out the surprises. Again yet another memorable experience. Equally front of house (Dante and Gabriel) were kind enough to help with bookings of excursions as well as restaurant reservations.

The property is absolutely breathtaking. with sweeping views of the Tulum beach coastline, a little "coconut grove" sprinkled with hammocks and beach chairs, and a pretty substantial cooled pool (not necessarily common in most Tulum properties). Equally, I found it located in a less congested section of the Tulum beach road, with enough little shops, restaurants/bars, and other aptly appointed hotels to make it more valuable, particularly if you don't have a vehicle.

An amazing restaurant (Que Fresco) is also located on the property - must have had nearly 12 meals on site, each better than the next! Inclusive of the friendly and poignant staff (shout out to Miguel).

The only slight annoyance was the severity of seaweed washing ashore to most of Tulum's beaches, including the stretch on Zamas'. Obviously, this is no fault of the property, and I have to commend them on their efforts of an attempt to dispose of it daily.

I would most definitely stay here on my next trip to Tulum (which I hope is sooner rather than later). My only regret was having decided to book another hotel down the road for the last 2 nights of our stay!

Room Tip: Beach Cabanas do not have AC units - Only Coconut Grove & Jungle Rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2018

I honestly can't thank the staff at this hotel anymore if I tried. They were on hand from the moment we arrived to make sure every part of our stay was perfect.

The beachfront Chica was beautiful and so relaxing chilling in our hammocks outside the hut at all times of the day. The food at the restaurant was delicious and very fresh so would highly recommending eating here.

I had a very special request to arrange a table outside our hut on the beach at sunset for a proposal to my girlfriend and they helped make it so perfect.

The staff and Migel (Our waiter) set up the table on the beach with candles, champagne and full menu of foods for the evening. The settling was super romantic and they made sure everything was a surprise before hand.

One of our friends the next day also rang the hotel to send us a congratulations and another bottle of champagne, rose petals, candles and swans was set up in the room.

I'm not usually a person who writes reviews but these guys really deserve to be recognised as they went the extra mile to make sure our stay was perfect.

Thank you ZAMAS, it will also be remembered.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I loved Zamas! Zamas turned out to be the perfect place for our week stay in Tulum. We got a welcome drink upon on arrival and while we came before check-in, they got our room ready as soon as possible!

The people were especially friendly! Gabriel was super helpful and knowledgeable about everything and gave us great suggestions.

We stayed in the coconut grove with 4 of us and we really enjoyed it. While we weren’t on the beach, we still had an ocean view and actually like the privacy a little more. We had a room with AC but didn’t use it once because the breeze kept it cool enough.

We loved the location! While it isn’t in the main stretch, we were right across the street from some great places to eat so it was very convenient.

The 2 downsides: the seaweed made it impossible to swim in the ocean (however this was all of Tulum) and the pool is across the street so you can see the ocean from it. Although the pool was very refreshing and we often had it to ourselves!

We would definitely stay at Zamas again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Very helpful and friendly staff. Clean, comfortable rooms. Not a great beach. Lots of seaweed that was not removed. Sand fleas in abundance. Not a swimming beach. Cabanas back up to busy and noisy road. Nightly bands until 10 PM. Not a quiet peaceful place. There are units across the road that might offer a different experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MichaelC0919
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Loved it here. I got a basic room and it was spacious, clean and had a romantic jungle vibe. We had our own deck and hammocks. Basically a private pool as no one else was using it. They have a little beach to sit at.

Restaurant is not to be missed!! The cauliflower/broccoli salad was amazing.

This spot is the perfect spot for touring the city, the national park or further down the beach. All are about a 15-20 minute bike ride or $10 taxi.

I would only note that most of the popular restaurants and hangouts are further down the beach. But again you can get a quick taxi no problem. And this is probably much more affordable!

Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple