“Excellent activity” 5 of 5 bubbles

Book In Advance
More Info
US$70.00*
and up
Selva Maya Eco Adventure Park: Ziplining, Hanging Bridges, Rappelling and...
Ranked #4 of 95 Outdoor Activities in Tulum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Live your adventure!! In the middle of the exotic flora or Riviera Maya there lies a place where you can release your true Adventuring self. 7Km deep ride into the Mayan jungle. Enjoy a canopy of 9 ziplines and 5 hanging bridges, a pyramid for climbing, rappel down overlooking a cenote, Cenote for swimming, a cavern for snorkeling. Lunch included! Open Mon-Fri with tours going out at 9am and 1pm. WE ARE SELVA MAYA THE ORIGINAL MAYADVENTOUR!
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Selva Maya is simply great. I went with my family on December 2012 for Christmas holidays. We were a big group four adults aroun 55-60 , me and my cousin 30 and my niece and nephew. The canopy activity was quite fun and entretaining, we all ejoyed it a lot. Later we went swiming in the two cenotes inside park that really beautiful and finally the food we had a the end was delicious.

Tulum, Mexico
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“The Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2012

If you are planning a trip to the Riveria Maya in Mexico and you are looking for an eco adventure,look no further than Selva Maya. Today was one of the best days we (my wife and I) have spent in Mexico and we live here 6 months a year.
Owned by Eddy and Bonnie Romano, with their office in Tulum, Selva Maya is located about 5 miles north of Tulum. They have zip lines, rock climbing,rapelling and 2 different types of cenotes. One for swimming and a cave cenote for snorkeling. They also include in their tours the ruins at Tulum and swimming with the turtles at Akumal.
Our trip was solely the jungle part of the portion and it was a blast. There are many tour companies who offer jungle adventures and I have been on a couple but this was the best. First,safety they are one of the few tour companies who are ACCT certified. That means all of their zip lines were installed by an American company had had to pass certification. We did 6 (they are building more) continuous lines with platforms for each and you do one right after another.We then went to the rock wall to climb one side and repel down the other side into a cenote. All of their climbing is first rate and in excellent condition.
While still being thrilled by that we walked a short distance to Cenote Bonita and dove into the crystal clear cool water,nice change. When finished there we walked to a cave cenote and snorkled among stalagnites and caves running off in all directions.Simply amazing. Our guide Raul (Senor Pollo) was very professional and knowledgeable,as were all the staff we met. we finished our afternoon with a great meal of pork and chicken,made by owner Eddy. But the adventure was not over, for as on the way in, we were able to drive our own jungle buggy out to the highway palapa, content that we had an adventure well worth the cost.
Don't miss it

Visited December 2012
“Beautiful, fun, exciting and enchanting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

Excelente lugar para visitar! nuestros guías Raul y Cesar fueron muy amables. Tuve un grandioso día con mi esposa, vinimos aqui por error y pensamos que fue el mejor error que hayamos cometido. La comida buenísima tambien. Los cenotes fueron increibles, fuimos a tres, el primero semiabierto, solo para bucear, el segundo semiabierto tambien donde hicimos snorkel, el tercero fue el mejor, casi cerrado, excelente para bucear, se ven bastantes cavernas bajo el agua. Ya he dicho INCREIBLE? Las mejores tirolineas que he visto. Es una de las cosas que DEBES hacer si visitas tulum.
Excelent place to visit!! Our guides Raul and Cesar were very polite. Had a great time with my wife, we came here by mistake and we think it was the best mistake ever!!! Great food as well! Cenotes were unbelievable. We went to three Cenotes, 1 semi open we didn't dive just for looks, another semi, huge beautiful which we dove in and snorkeled, 3rd one was the best, it a closed Cenote excelent to snorkel you can see alot of under water caves. Did I use the word UNBELIEVABLE before? Best zip lines as well.
It is a must when coming to Tulum.

Denver, Colorado, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the best days of my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

We visited Selva Maya after signing up with Local Quickies Tour Company in Puerto Adventuros. We were turned on to this tour company by a local and am so glad we happened to cross paths. Our new local friend called them for us and a staff member came to us to tell us about the tour. After signing up, we were anxiously optimistic that the tour would be what we wanted it to be. Although I had never zip lined before, it was something that I had been planning on for some time. I was hopeful we had made the right choice over the large adventure parks that we originally were going to visit.
It turned out, by chance, that we got a private tour at Selva Maya Eco Adventure. The staff members at Selva Maya were courteous, professional and safety focused. I immediately felt confident about depending on a harness, carabiners and a pulley on a cable for my life. Throughout the zip line course, all the staff members were friendly, helpful, very conscious of where everyone was and ensuring their safety. After finishing the zip lines - and YES, it was everything I wanted it to be, so fun and not scary at all, we went on to rock climbing; another event I had never tried. As out of shape and clumsy as I am, I was able to scale (with the help of staff members Brian and Cesar of course!) the 20 ft wall and make it to the top. I felt like Rocky after he ran the stairs in the original movie! I was hoping to zip line down because it was so fun but I got to try yet another new task - repelling down the opposite side I just climbed up. The down side was a bit longer as we finished very nearly on the banks of the first cenote of the day. Although that first lean over the lip of the wall was a bit spooky, I was surprised at how quickly I became confident on the way down.
After finishing here, we walked to our first swim in a cenote (we didn't swim in the first one we saw by the rock climbing/repelling station). Brian guided us through the stalagmite/stalactites that grow in the cenotes. This first swim was amazing. Both Brian and Derek, our Local Quickies guide, took more pics of us and provided interesting tidbits and knowledge about what we were experiencing. After enjoying the first swim for about 30 mins, Derek urged us on the second cenote saying as fantastic as the first one was, the second one was even more so. And he was so right! The underground centoe looked like a movie set - so serene and still. Brian swam us through the cave and showed us many sights that I've only ever seen in pictures and on tv. Once we finished the swim, we enjoyed a tasty lunch prepared by the Selva Maya staff. Although we had only been there a few short hours, time almost seemed to stand still. It was like waking from a dream to find ourselves back at our condo. We couldn't stop talking about what a thrilling adventure we had!
Both Cesar and Brian are wonderful members of the Selva Maya team. Throughout the zip line, rock climbing and repelling, Cesar did an excellent job of reassuring me, building my confidence and explaining everything perfectly. Brian was funny, helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. He was essential to our amazing day. Don't hesitate to experience your adventure of choice with Selva Maya Eco Adventure - I had one of the best days of my life here!
Thank you to everyone at Selva Maya! You have a fan for life!

1 Thank Karina H
Aberdeen
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

We had a fantastic time at Selva Maya. We went through Local Quickies as part of their Golden Ticket package. The staff were wonderful and friendly, the zip lines were so safe, the lunch was delicious and the cenotes were beautiful. Snorkelling by torchlight in the cenote with stalagmites and stalactites was absolutely breathtaking. I had been feeling quite apprehensive about the zip lining and was especially anxious about the abseiling but I knew straight away that I was in safe hands and I had a ball! I would not hesitiate to recommend Selva Maya - it's an amazing place!

Visited October 2012