US$272
  • Breakfast included
US$178
US$131
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

US$408
US$359
Palms Tulum Luxury Hotel(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$80
Coco Tulum(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$757
US$735
All reviewsbeautiful beachlack of electrical outletsguacamoleyoga classes in the morninglaid backfriendly dogsfull moonspent five nightssand floorhoney moonbring a flashlightlovely propertysea view roomtraveling soloboca pailasingle bedshrimp tacos
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I'm puzzled by some of the reviews here. My adult children and I had a wonderful time at Posada Dos Ceibas. Having stayed in a many a Marriott, Hilton, or Best Western, we were thrilled with the charm of this Yucatecan spot. This place was glorious, with little bungalows with thatched roofs, mosquito netting over the beds and beautiful bright colored stucco. We walked in soft (immaculately clean) white sand to the reception/restaurant and had several meals there, overlooking the ocean. I became quite addicted to fish tacos and beer with lime. Everyone there was most courteous and helpful. I sat for hours on the small balcony, mesmerized by the colors, the foliage, and the sounds of the birds. There was no need for electricity during the day (we were at the beach!) and the fact that the cleverly designed bathroom had no door didn't prevent us from giving us other privacy. All these unusual things contributed to our enjoyment, frankly, because we wanted to experience Mexico, not a predictable hotel. Our beds were stationary, so don't know if a floating bed would have bothered me.
Many thanks to Carolina who was so kind to us.

Stayed: March 2008
3  Thank eagertraveler55
Reviewed February 28, 2008

Stayed here for 3 nights in mid-Feb 2008. This is definitely the most beautiful and peaceful beach I've ever been on (wish I could've slept there). With the sand pathways that lead to restaurant and beach, you never need to wear shoes! However, I would affirm what another lodger at Bungalow Iguana said, horrible swinging bed (we had to prop our suitcases under it to keep from getting sick). The ceiling fan was merely a prop and did nothing to actually cool the place down. The 2 women that staffed the reception regarded us as something nasty they'd scraped off their shoe, despite the fact that we were very pleasant towards them. Drink/dinner "service" was almost non-existant. Morning service was the complete opposite: different staff which was very pleasant, relaxed but efficient. Beware the lack of electrical outlets in the room. And, nothing says "GOOD MORNING" like a cold, salt water shower. We didn't have warm water the entire time. It's definitely an experience, kinda close to camping.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank cinstress
Reviewed January 23, 2008

We are a family of two parents and twin 4 year-old boys. We highly recommend Dos Ceibas - the beach is spectacular, the bungalows are clean and well equipped, the restaurant is decent, and most important, the property is sufficiently large and laid back so that my wife and I could relax a little bit without worrying all the time that our kids either get into trouble or bother the other guests.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank ob234
Reviewed December 20, 2007

Dos Ceibas is great! We spent 2 nights in Bungalow Crocodrilo ($549 pesos/night).

To all the other reviewers who complained about cockroaches, mosquitoes, not being able to drink the water and to throw toilet paper in the toilet: Welcome to Mexico guys...it's like that everywhere; maybe you should have stuck to the all-inclusives! The power is on from 7pm to about 8am (more than adequate). The solar heated water is warm but takes a little while to get going. The staff is friendly. The dogs are cute. The beach is AMAZING!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank VanIsle120
Reviewed December 5, 2007

Usually, when I read over the top bad reviews on tripadvisor, I take it with a grain of salt. But this time I really don't know how else to
describe my stay at Dos Ceibas. We stayed at Dos Ceibas over a weekend
in Nov 2007.

We had a terrible experience at Dos Ceibas. We paid around $100 for the room and stayed in the Cabana Iguana. The room was decent sized but I cannot begin to list the number of ways in which is completely uncomfortable. Basically, it crossed the fine line between being
"basic" and being "uncomfortable".

The bed hangs on thicks ropes from the ceiling and yes, you may find the odd lizard on your bed so be careful before you get in. The swinging bed made us dizzy, the slightest movement would make the bed rock, and not in a gentle swaying way but in uncomfortable circles. The bathroom is basically a part of the room, just partitioned by a wall and no doors. The shower was terribly rusted and I could see ant hills all along the wall and the window.

The worst aspect of all is the way the cabanas are laid out in the property. This property has to have been planned by someone who doesn't like the sea. Most of the cabanas get absolutely no sea breeze
and sea views. Although there is a small ceiling fan in the room, it was uncomfortably hot and I barely slept because of the swinging bed and the stifling heat in the room. We had stayed for 3 nights in another hacienda (Tita Tulum) in Tulum which was also an ecolodge but because it had large windows and faced the sea, we got enough breeze that we didn't even need a fan. Dos Ceibas is very secluded from the beach and the cabanas are all laid out on the downward slope on the opposite side from the sea. Why would someone do that!!!

The food is good, but the management has some serious attitude problems. The manager was surly throughout our stay. Also, they don't like you taking food to the beach and there are some arbritary rules about when they can serve food. For instance, they don't start serving
dinner until nearly 7:30-7:45. Because the restaurant opens so late all guests are waiting to order and they all order at the same time. So the wait for the food once you place the order is anything between 45 mins-1 hr. There are so many options in Tulum that its almost not worth the wait until 9:00 pm to get your dinner here.

Without exaggeration, this was one of the most uncomfortable hotel experiences we've ever had. For $100 there are many more confortable options in Tulum where you can expect warm service. and beautiful views.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank travelomnewyork