“Perfect”
other travellers have booked this property
View From King Suite
Outdoor Dining and Grill
Outdoor Dining in Courtyard
Decks Off Queen Suites
Lush Gardens
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Summer D
“Perfect”
Reviewed April 20, 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Casa Madonna was well appointed and served as a the perfect home base while we explored Tulum and the surrounding areas. Located slightily off the Main Street of Tulum town, it was easy to get to and allowed us to rent bikes and get back and forth from just about everywhere. It really felt like home when we were there. The pool was perfect for after beach margaritas and a swim before heading out for dinner. However, the kitchen and grill also enticed us to stay in a couple of nights. Although we never had any problems, the owner and property manager were quick to address our questions and help make the most of our stay. Don't hesitate to be the next guests at Casa Madonna.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the pool
Liked least: Disherwasher did not work
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
21 Apr 2016
Hello Summer, Jake and I are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We love to hear that our guests are happy with the facilities and services we provide. Tulum is a wonderful destination and we hope to welcome you back. Take care, Madonna
nota_12
Seattle, Washington
“Lots of potential but major issues”
Reviewed January 10, 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

This is a very beautiful property with lots of potential, however it isn't being cared for or managed professionally. We had several major issues during our stay and can't recommend Casa Madonna until they address them.

Pros:
Beautiful landscaping, pool, finishes and a well equipped kitchen

Cons:
* Major appliances were not functioning including the washer/dryer and dish washer. These appliances are advertised in the listing as being available. No advance notification was made and no attempt was made to fix these during our stay
* Major mold/mildew in one of the downstairs bedrooms. The smell was so strong that the bedroom was completely uninhabitable. Even after airing out the room and laundering the bedding, the smell was unbearable. One of our guests was forced to sleep on the futon for the duration of our trip
* Stale cigarette smell in the upstairs master bedroom. Despite this property being advertised as non-smoking, the upstairs had a noticeable stale cigarette odor. The smell clung to all of our clothes and required us to launder all of our clothing. This was made more difficult in the absence of a functional washer and dryer

We've spoke with the owner multiple times regarding these issues and have been met with significant resistance about the validity of our issues. After a week of back and forth, we feel compelled to warn other folks about the major issues with this property.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
19 Jan 2016
I sincerely apologize that my home did not meet this reviewer’s expectations, the reviewer was an Airbnb guest named Kacie. I do have positive reviews/communication from all guests (including Kacie) who have stayed at Casa Madonna prior to and after Kacie's stay.
__Dec 18 – 28 2015"19 December, 2015 06:17 From: Kacie (Airbnb User) Hi Madonna, Yes, John met up with us and was super helpful in getting us to the house, settled in an showing us how to get around in town! Thank you so much & Happy Holidays!"
__OCT 16 - DEC 16 2015 - Guests occupied Casa Madonna for 2 months and gave a 5-star review on VRBO. "Carole S. said... Dec 27, 2015 Great place We really enjoyed our stay at Casa Madonna. The villa is set up really well with a full kitchen so you can cook all you want. The pool is the perfect place to hang out as it gets great sun and is surrounded by beautiful gardens. The property manager was very helpful and was a wealth of information. The property owners communicated quickly and made sure we had everything we needed for a great stay. ... we will return for sure."
__DEC 29 - JAN 5 2016 - Flipkey Guest on Jan 3 2016 stated "Everything in the house has been great, and John has been really kind."
__JAN 6 - 18 2016 - Current Airbnb guest on Jan 8 2016 stated "The house is great! Thanks for checking in!" “vacation was great and your house was great! We couldn't have imagined a better spot! “
The only communication I received during Kacie's stay was favorable, she stated that the Property Manager was "super helpful", and thanked me. (noted in her correspondence above)
Kacie did not communicate her concerns to me while occupying Casa Madonna. I initiated direct communication with Kacie on the day she checked in, she could have conveyed her concerns to me at any time during her stay, she chose not to.
MAJOR APPLIANCES are working, during Kacie's stay the electrical infrastructure did not support the electrical load required to operate the washer/drier and dishwasher. I recently installed a new transformer, the meters to Casa Madonna and upgrading of the electrical wiring is now complete. The fact that the appliances could not be operated during Kacie’s stay was communicated on Airbnb. All appliances can now be operated.
SMOKE, as communicated to Kacie on Jan 7 2015 through Airbnb Resolution Centre, the wife of the couple who occupied the house for 2 months immediately prior to Kacie's check in was vehemently anti-smoking, I cannot explain how there was a stale smoke smell in the master bedroom when she did not allow smoking inside the house.
SPEAKING TO THE OWNER. I sent Kacie an email the day they checked in, she wrote back that the Property Manager was helpful and thanked me for writing her, there was no other communication from Kacie until she requested a very significant refund on Jan 6 2015, approximately 10 days after she vacated.
I did stop communicating directly with Kacie after she sent me an email on Jan 8 stating "We'd like to resolve any outstanding issues including a partial refund before that time as they will affect our overall rating and the detailed comments." In a Jan 7 communication through the Airbnb Resolution Centre, Kacie did agree that she did not convey her concerns to me.
Kacie stated she has been met with SIGNIFICANT RESISTANCE. I have NOT been resistant but I have questioned her statements. I did communicate that the Airbnb description states that the appliances cannot be used. I also asked Kacie how Casa Madonna could go from a 5-star rating on house and property management to bedroom being uninhabitable and poor management in less than 48 hours.
I do find it very disconcerting that Kacie did not communicate her concerns to me while in residence. I also do not understand how other guests who have stayed at my home immediately prior to and after her stay have complimented Casa Madonna and the management while Kacie stated we have major issues.
Please note that this issue was settled through the Airbnb Resolution Centre and Kacie was not rewarded the money she requested.
Again, I sincerely apologize that my home did not meet Kacie's expectations however she should have contacted me to inform me of issues during her stay, not after. Kacie's concerns would have been addressed and resolved immediately if she had conveyed them to me during her stay.
Sincerely Madonna
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 19, 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Privacy
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Jun 2015
Very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing