All reviews full kitchen gas grill living room jacuzzi tub video games washer dryer free underground parking there is no air conditioning post office traveling with kids fitness room large bathroom charter sports air hockey ski lockers small market ski shop
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

We usually stay slope side but since this was a last minute trip over Pres Wkend we had less choices. The extra space was nice for our family. Loved the giant game room on the 8th floor! We took the ski bus each morning because it pulled up as we walked out the door. But we always walked home. We walked to dinner 2 nights but really we didn’t need a car. Parking was free. Bring your own coffee, they offer individual coffee packs but the coffee maker is full size and that doesn’t make a good coffee no matter how much you try. I would also recommend NOT get the corner room (I think it’s smaller due to weird angles).

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 3deltas
SMV_Manager, Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2018

Thank you for your great review, we’re pleased to hear you had a wonderful visit with us over the holiday weekend. We appreciate your valuable feedback regarding our amenities and accessibility to the ski slopes and will look into any areas we can improve on. We hope to have an opportunity to host you again in the future!

Reviewed January 31, 2018

Used points through my timeshare for a small 1 BR. I had hoped for a larger one with a full kitchen and bar, but that was not available when I made my reservation. Oh well, I got what I expected based on availability.

Pros:
1. Great location. Walk to good restaurants and bars. A drive or taxi/Uber to grocery store however.
2. Free bus (ski and restaurants) to Beaver Creek right outside hotel in front of Comfort Inn.
3. Free parking, even in the garage.
4. I dreaded, as usual with my timeshare, to visit the concierge with any questions. I bit the bullet and did. While she did try to get me to attend a 90 minute owners event, she was not pushy after I was pretty insistent I was not interested. Nonetheless, she was very nice and not flustered; and provided a list of restaurants and discounts despite my crabbiness about the owners thingy. A different concierge did follow up on my snowboarding tour request and was very accommodating (see my review on Nova Tours).

Cons:
1. On site grocery is VERY limited. Find away to get to City Market--a very long walk or short drive.
2. You (generally) won't get daily housekeeping.
3. The bed pillows are absolutely horrendous. They are feather and as flat as a pancake. I requested four foam pillows on day 2, and it was better, but still not as comfortable a sleep as i prefer, but I have a Sleep Number bed. I question if these are really the typical Sheraton beds...hmmmmm.
4. Spa in main building was filthy-a ring around it. But it was the only time I've ever used a hotel whirlpool, and was as dirty as my expectations had it being. Lots of chlorine saved this review.

Overall, I'd stay there again (if the Westin is not available, or prices are high as usual at Vail and Beaver Creek). A good choice in a lot of ways--just BYO pillows.

Room Tip: High room--they all have nice balconies with a grill and two chairs; smaller 1BR are really small.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PSPFlyer
SMV_Manager, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is very important to us. You are correct in saying the location of our property is walking distance to restaurants, bars and a few retail shops, and that we do not charge for covered parking at this property.
Thank you for your comments about the concierge staff. They are all very good at what they do on giving great suggestions on what to see during their stay here in Beaver Creek.
I apologize for not being able to get into our 1bedroom premium villa on this stay we do hope on your next visit with us we have occupancy to book into our larger 1Bedroom unit.

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Sheraton in Avon for 6 nights and were impressed with the service and friendliness of staff. From check-in to orientation with the conceierge we found the whole experience excellent. During our stay we made use of the free ski lockers which were great. The free ski shuttle up to Beaver Creek was convenient as the stop is directly across from the Sheraton. The Market shop just off the lobby was great for morning coffee and snacks and although we didn’t use it, there is a ski rental shop in the hotel as well. We did take advantage of the hot tub and our only complaint was that I think the hotel needs to clean this more often as it was getting heavy use. A great stay and we would definitely be back to stay at the Sheraton and ski Beaver Creek!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hamburgguy
SMV_Manager, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Thank you for great comments about our staff, they are awesome and it's pleasing to hear the service was great. We have so many amenities to make your ski vacation a breeze. In regards to the hot tub comments I have address this with our engineering team. They are stepping up the cleanings as the hot tubs get a tone of use during the ski season.

Reviewed January 29, 2018 via mobile

Great rooms and good service. Not much happening at the property itself. We did everything offsite. New Years was absolutely dead. It’s similar to corporate housing, in that the rooms are excellent but then you’re on your own, which worked out just fine for us. Conveniently located. Minutes away from the grocery store, Walgreens and a few grocery stores. Tons of great covered parking downstairs.
I would recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BeachBum2025

Thank you for the good comments. Our property is centrally located to skiing, grocery stores and restaurants. Because all of our units have kitchens, kitchenettes and grills we do not have as many restaurant amentities as a typical hotel.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

We stayed in the Sheraton Mountain Vista for a week to ski and enjoy Colorado. We were delighted with the entire experience from the check in to departure. Rachel (Concierge) was informative and very helpful. The room/suite was super comfortable, 2 fireplaces, king sized bed and completely equipped kitchen including insuite laundry. The mid stay included changing the bed, decent cleaning and fresh linens/towels etc. We look forward to returning. Thank you Kim and Rachel.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
SMV_Manager, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Mountain Vista Villas, Avon / Vail Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you for your review of our property. we are pleased to hear the kind words of our associates and that they were very helpful. We look forward to your return visit.