Lowest prices for your stay
US$161
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Agoda.comUS$161
All reviews kennebec river great stay comfortable room next morning home away from home hummingbirds maine snowmobile accommodations woods wedding muffins cabin lawn fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2020

Cabin 4 - we booked for 2 nights but only stayed for one (still paid for two).

The cabin needs some serious updating and a new mattress. The mattress was at an angle and not comfortable.

The shower was so small I had to wash with bent elbows like "Elf"

The room stunk like a dead rodent was rotting in the walls and I did not want to touch or sit on any furniture. It is a cabin in the woods, I get that but it can still be updated for a more comfortable stay.

We will not stay in there again.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed September 7, 2020

When I booked a tubing trip no one was wearing masks that were going on the trip. The area is ideal for water sports only. My daughter and I went tubing. None of the group was warned that the river had extra hard currents due to the releasing of the river dam on that day. While heading to where the river was their is a steep hill of dirt that makes you feel like you will fall. Long story but we almost drowned, the workers could not help because they were fully clothed on land. The other guests that were also stranded, were nice enough to come to our aid. We literally were dragged 3 miles away from the pick up point and over 10 people had to climb a steep hill out to the main highway and wait till the workers came for us. On the bus, again no masks wearing including the employee.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed August 20, 2020

I paid for a 2 night stay at this Inn via Expedia . I stayed only one night and left The next day . Here’s why... The mattress is covered with charming quilted bed cover but the mattress is decrepit , ragged and flat. Just enough reason to cause me back pain. Very disappointing. See attached photo , Aug 2020. The “Breakfast Included” : you are entitled for One Sugary piece of Muffin (?), yogurt and a cup of coffee. People were NOT wearing mask. Stay at your own risk.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank marieshoppingbag
April Glidden, Owner at Inn by the River, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I am sorry that you had a negative experience as we have been upgrading our rooms for the last couple of years including new mattresses. I think that part of the misunderstanding over our continental breakfast is the fact that you booked through Expedia which doesn't allow us to customize any descriptions (we are great at explaining the continental over the phone with guests). The continental includes a couple of choices of cereal, fruit, yogurt, baked goods, coffee, tea and milk. Our full breakfast menu does offer a nice variety but you do have to purchase menu items. Our staff is required to wear masks as long as the state mandate is in place so I am not sure who wasn't wearing a mask? I would recommend calling the place that you are staying at directly rather than trusting Expedia for details about your lodging.

Reviewed July 12, 2020

This was the last leg of our Maine adventure. Accommodations are not fancy (reminded me of my grandparent cotrage in the Wisconsin north woods) but clean and cozy. The food is remarkable. "Maine in a bowl" is how I would describe the scrumptious seafood chowder. Perhaps the food highlight of our trip. Jackson, the on-site manager, goes above and beyond to ensure guest satisfaction. I dont think I've had a hotel try harder to ensure you are happy, even from 5 star rated places. A great way to end our vacation.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2020 via mobile

My partner and I stayed the weekend for a Three River rafting trip. It was 2 miles from the meeting point. We wanted to stay at a Inn rather than camp or bunk. This place exceeded our expectations for the level of service and friendliest. The view is gorgeous and there are bunch of hummingbirds. There’s places to relax outside and a fire pit. The restaurant on site was very good. I lived my eggs Benedict. You can’t go wrong staying here.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience from the stay to the food and the view. The hummingbirds always make me laugh when they fight over the multiple feeders available. We hope to see you again for your next adventure!