Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews rafting trip white water rafting kennebec river hot tub the main lodge game room cozy cabins moxie falls rapids accommodations rafters maine moose lodging snowmobile loft atv
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2020

The cabin was dirty, rundown and reeked of cigar smoke. The WIFi barely worked and there is no cell phone service. We went to the Forks to fish the Kennebec River. Not a place for fisherman who get up early. We were in need of a clean, comfortable place to stay, with a decent place to eat. What we got was a dump, that caters to ATV owners and rafters. The ATV's ran up and down the road at all hours, there was lots of partying/noise/drunks and the food was terrible. Fortunately our guides told us about an Inn up the road that had a good restaurant. We were stuck with Northern Outdoors Lodge, but at least we could get a nice meal. It turned out to be a lovely spot, with a beautiful view of the river and the restaurant was really good. I sure wish I had know about it before I made my reservations at Northern Outdoors. We never expected the Ritz, but for $200 a night, we sure expected clean and comfortable. It was an awful experience.

Room tip: Best tip - find another place to stay!
Date of stay: September 2020
2  Thank jdemery48
Reviewed September 16, 2020

I had won a trip to Northern Outdoors through a raffle and due to the chaos of 2020 and some events of my own we were unable to book the trip prior to the expiration date. The gift certificate clearly stated that the trip had to be booked within the time allowed, no exceptions. Doubtful, I called to see if they were able to extend the expiration date as I did not want to pass up this trip. I spoke with Brandi who was more than accommodating and able to help resolve the issue. Not only was this a generous donation for a good cause on behalf of Northern Outdoors, but their kindness and flexibility thereafter is much appreciated. Thank you!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed September 15, 2020

The combination of activities offered (year round) was good. We saw people using ATVs, rafting, swimming and enjoying the hot tub. The pool and hot tub area were nice, and larger than I expected (with capacity limited during covid). There was game room I think, which was closed.

We stayed in a private cabin (Boom Chain) up the hill, and it was very clean and comfy. It had a kitchenette, small fridge (no freezer), grill, camping ring, 2 outdoor chairs, and hot bath. The cabins are spaced far enough apart you don't hear your neighbors unless they are really loud. Overall a good stay, a little pricey, but not many other options where you can stay in the area (and have a drink then walk up the hill to your cabin).

The yurts are across the road, and more economical. They have a light, but no place to plug in your phone (so we were told).

Room tip: Cabins further up the hill are more private but better to drive to day activities.
2  Thank Scott B
Reviewed September 1, 2020

I it was possible to give negative stars, I would! 1st I want to start by saying, I had to call and give my cc info over the phone due to Covid. It was the 1st time my card was used all year and then my card was compromised and used fraudulently. The hotel denied it was them or anyone there. We booked a lodge room for an overnight stay. The room was of ok size, but the bathroom was so small you actually had to turn sideways just to open and close the door. There were absolutely no amenities in the room. No clock, coffee pot, microwave....nothing. there was only 1 outlet for plugging stuff in as well. The night/day was extremely cold 50's and the heat also didn't work. When showering the next morning there was a towel folded in the rack that was completcovered in feces. The food in the restaurant was less than satisfactory as was the service. The whole experience was awful and I would not even consider returning to this establishment!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kellymX2442DL
Reviewed August 13, 2020 via mobile

Trying to get away but stay in our own family bubble we went White Water Rafting in Maine. Northern Outdoors accommodated our family in their “sister cabins” Maine Lakeside Cabins. Our family bubble of 9 was quite comfortable. But the highlight of our stay was a rafting trip mid week. Our family bubble was 9 people so we were in our own raft accompanied by our wonderful guide Kristine. She skillfully guided us through the rapids while we whooped, hollered and got soaked literally with water and fun! A yummy lunch was provided halfway through the adventure! Thank you Northern Outdoors and our wonderful guide Kristine!

Trip type: Travelled with family