Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Destination798943

El Alquimista is high end and they charge for it.....

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 18, 2021
My wife and I went to Zipolite in February of 2020 before Covid hit. We were there during the nude festival and stayed 11 nights a El Alquimista. The room was large and had most of the amenities we could hope for. There are some older rooms and some newer rooms. There is a big difference, but they both work. The newer rooms are significantly more expensive.

El Alquimista is at the western end of the Zipolite beach, but a short walk to town and it is right on the beach. We ate there a couple of times. Prices at the bar and restaurant were at the higher end compared to other places on the beach and in town, but the food was good.

This hotel has beds to lie on in the sun and straight backed chairs and benches. We ended up sitting at the Adirondack chairs at Hotel Nude which is about 100 yards down the beach. We ate their less expensive (but quite tasty) food and cooled off in their pool from time to time. El Alquimista also has a pool, but it is set back in the woods and not really accessible from the beach for a cool down.

Staff were great and accommodating!!

No complaints about Al Elquimista, but next time we'll stay somewhere a bit less expensive. (We don't stay in our room much anyway.) AC is a must for us though so options are limited in Zipolite.

One note on the festival: We were at the epicenter of the festival and while there seemed to have been a lot of activities going on, it really didn't impinge on our beach enjoyment. If fact, we met a lot of interesting people that came down just for the festival. It was fun for people watching, and we did participate in the morning nude beach yoga with like 100 other people. That was awesome.
Date of stay: March 2020
Room Tip: It's a very hilly development so the rooms not on the lower level will require quite a few...
4.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
Beautiful palmtreehouse
  • Agoda.com
1.5 km from El Alquimista Hotel Yoga & Spa
View more hotels in Zipolite
All reviews on site restaurant delicious restaurant mosquito net every morning the pacific ocean laid back vibe located right rooms are spacious yoga beach dogs mexico classes waves ventilation clothing
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2021 via mobile

Allen met me and welcomed me to the hotel and I arrived early and he said relax go swim .... and made it so easy for my 4 day stay there. I checked into room 22 a stand alone but ON THE BEACH. I am still overjoyed from that view and that cabana. The restaurant is amazing and I had a chicoclaye scrub at the spa and then a pedicure the next day.
I met sooooo many people and everyone so chilled.
Finally I checked out and Noa was an angel she gave me a late check out and just gave me the 411 on the town.
This hotel has it all

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank danielsB4620GE
Reviewed September 4, 2020

My husband and I stayed at the neighboring hotel but came here to have dinner twice during our five night stay. The food here was delicious. It is the best on the beach in my opinion. They have a wide selection of food and a wine list. It is on the beach with good views. It is quite a romantic setting. The seafood risotto and the grilled skirt steak were our favorites.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaklincL
Reviewed August 11, 2020 via mobile

In these days of Covid, the staff is considerate and the service has been delightful. You come here to relax and enjoy the beach with fresh food and drink. This place is not complicated, find your personal zen very easily. If you tend to be high demand when staying at a hotel, I suggest you go else where. Clean and delicious with a beautiful stretch of beach to stroll as you please. A smile and social graces with the people here goes a long way...loving our stay for our 18th anniversary.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 919jorgef
Reviewed February 17, 2020

We stayed for 10 days in January and February. The staff if very friendly and speaks English. Most of the rooms are spacious, but basic. All have AC. If you get one of the newer rooms (they call them Suites), the finishes are quite new and nice. We rarely stayed in the room other than to shower and sleep. I believe all the rooms have AC - a rarity in Zipolite.

El Alquimista was pretty pricey, but if you want a big room with a king size bed and AC, there aren't a lot of options in Zipolite which tends to cater to folks of all ages regardless of their budget.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed February 16, 2020

The place is very well-designed, especially the gardens, and was recommended to us by many people, particularly for early morning yoga classes, all-day beach hangouts, and lovely candle-lit dinners among the rocks. However when we went for lunch, the food was just okay, the service was minimal, and it seemed a little too crowded to be relaxing. Great views though.

Date of stay: February 2020