Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
I C

Unreliable Booking! + Old Pictures

Review of El Barco
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Nov 28, 2021
I was very excited to book this for the upcoming New Years.
I was already in Zipolite when 3 weeks after my original booking (to be fair 1 month before the check in) I get a message on Booking that I have to reconfirm the room and pay, which I was happy to do. But then I get a private message that they are all booked out and have to cancel my booking (although don’t actually do só themselves, so I have to and like that I can’t leave a review on Booking).
Since I was here I decided to go in person and understand better what the problem was. Though I was speaking to the manager (in France), in person at the “desk” said they aren’t on Booking but Airbnb.
I basically got a lot of BS about Booking making the mistake but it’s obvious that with the whole of Zipolite being fully booked they decided to not honor my booking and repost it on another platform to make more money.
For whatever their reasons, I’m actually happy I didn’t stay there as the place was nothing like the pictures, at least not anymore. Lots of construction, in the middle of two roads, very dusty and no real ambience or even a nice green spot to chill in. The outdoor kitchen was dirty and didn’t really have anywhere to sit.
Overall, there are much better places to stay in Zipolite with more reliable people.
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
C$162