All reviews language barrier ocean view zipolite beach the main street floor fan chocolate croissant located right hot water pool area nice place breakfast and lunch crashing waves mosquito netting a great stay laid back juan beds
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

So let’s start with the good!

Great location: near town
Great spot on the beach, waterfront rooms really close to the water

The cabanas: they were nice, shaded, comfortable, relatively clean.

Good beds: overall pretty comfy.

The bathrooms: huge, had hot water, clean no complaints except the windows into the courtyard make it awkward when ppl are walking by.

Good housekeeping: really friendly, really good at their jobs, super nice ladies.

The beach goers: not pushy, very friendly. If you tell someone no they keep moving.

The food: we didn’t eat much here because to be honest it had high prices compared to basically everywhere else in town, but what we had was good. So no complaints there.

The so so:
Room location: great because it faced the beach, but we were next to the bar so the banging and clattering started about 7:30-8am
(Walls we’re really thin) could hear every word spoken, every utensil moved. For $130cdn thought it could be better.

The water: definitely ran out of water in the hotel (until the water truck came) to wash/flush in the middle of the night a few times. This is just a fact of where it is but still wasn’t amazing when you’re sweating at night because the ventilation’s not great and there’s no water for a shower. Could’ve jumped in the pool, but again for the price wasn’t super impressed.

The service: I think there was a miscommunication (let’s go with that) where the servers thought we were tipping them instead of paying for our food (and tipping them), so they charged it to our room as well. Don’t make this mistake.... they just keep shoving the room slip at you, just let them charge it, don’t try and pay for it when you order. We ended up paying twice. That’s life I suppose. They denied we have them any money at all so let’s go with misunderstanding. :-/

Overall a nice hotel. Would I stay again, not for the price, and service. There are plenty of nice places in Zipolite, next time I’d stay somewhere else probably.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Posada Buena Vida is near where I stay on Playa Zipolite. I’ve been three times now, and each meal was absolutely delicious!
The staff are all super-nice, and attentive. Manager Tony says “Hola Tomás” when he sees me, and always has time for a few words.
I needed to do a bit of work online, and they were very accommodating, allowing me to use a big table for my work. (I made sure to do that when they were not busy)
Thanks Tony, and Posada Mexico!
The Big Buddha out front on the beach is really cool!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Memo J, Guest Relations Manager at Posada Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hi "Tomás"

Thanks for your comment we really like that our guest enjoyed their vacations in Buena Vida, now we will be waitng for your fourth time in Zipolite and buena vida!!

See you soon, remeber Buena Vida is your House!!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Hotel staff and location could not be better, right in the middle of the beach and the sunrises and sunsets are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The hotel has great food and delicious coffe. Cannot be beat for the price of what you get and safety.
I will be back!
The little town is also extremely safe and wonderful. This is a part of Mexico you cannot miss!

Room Tip: beach front rooms are best for both the breeze and the sound of the ocean to sleep
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Luis J, Owner at Posada Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Hi!!
Thanks for your comment, we'll be waiting for you on your next time on zipolite, remeber Buena vida is your house.

Regards.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

I'll admit I didn't leave the hotel, having to put clothes on became more effort than it was worth. For 5 days I relaxed on the hotels shady chairs, ate their door and swam. The beach is not great for swimming, the food was good but not great, and the optional clothing meant being naked was not the norm. However the atmosphere was awesome. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2017

We just stayed at Buena Vida for a second time, and enjoyed it as much as the first time. The location is ideal, central on the beach, so it's easy to access all local activities. One special note is how well Juan takes care of guests. He was always anticipating what we needed, whether a pool towel, more water, or another drink. He's a super nice guy who does a great job.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple