All reviews language barrier ocean view hot water beach front zipolite beach really enjoyed our stay here chocolate croissant the main street sound of the waves pool area cool off nice place breakfast and lunch small pool juan fan beds
Reviewed January 18, 2018

This little hotel has excellent location and wonderful views. It's right in the middle of Zipolite beach, so you can walk to the main street, Playa del Amor or El Alquimista easily. The room I stayed at (H4) was a sea view suite, really small but with a large terrace and decent bathroom. The bed was a king size that took most of the space in the room. It has a table and chair, fan and a small closet and that's it. Staff is very friendly, food is good and they serve coffee and a a chocolate croissant in the mornings to each guest for free.

Room tip: Best rooms with a view are suites H1 & H4, upper level.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MarioLoubet
Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

So let’s start with the good!

Great location: near town
Great spot on the beach, waterfront rooms really close to the water

The cabanas: they were nice, shaded, comfortable, relatively clean.

Good beds: overall pretty comfy.

The bathrooms: huge, had hot water, clean no complaints except the windows into the courtyard make it awkward when ppl are walking by.

Good housekeeping: really friendly, really good at their jobs, super nice ladies.

The beach goers: not pushy, very friendly. If you tell someone no they keep moving.

The food: we didn’t eat much here because to be honest it had high prices compared to basically everywhere else in town, but what we had was good. So no complaints there.

The so so:
Room location: great because it faced the beach, but we were next to the bar so the banging and clattering started about 7:30-8am
(Walls we’re really thin) could hear every word spoken, every utensil moved. For $130cdn thought it could be better.

The water: definitely ran out of water in the hotel (until the water truck came) to wash/flush in the middle of the night a few times. This is just a fact of where it is but still wasn’t amazing when you’re sweating at night because the ventilation’s not great and there’s no water for a shower. Could’ve jumped in the pool, but again for the price wasn’t super impressed.

The service: I think there was a miscommunication (let’s go with that) where the servers thought we were tipping them instead of paying for our food (and tipping them), so they charged it to our room as well. Don’t make this mistake.... they just keep shoving the room slip at you, just let them charge it, don’t try and pay for it when you order. We ended up paying twice. That’s life I suppose. They denied we have them any money at all so let’s go with misunderstanding. :-/

Overall a nice hotel. Would I stay again, not for the price, and service. There are plenty of nice places in Zipolite, next time I’d stay somewhere else probably.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 21, 2017 via mobile

Posada Buena Vida is near where I stay on Playa Zipolite. I’ve been three times now, and each meal was absolutely delicious!
The staff are all super-nice, and attentive. Manager Tony says “Hola Tomás” when he sees me, and always has time for a few words.
I needed to do a bit of work online, and they were very accommodating, allowing me to use a big table for my work. (I made sure to do that when they were not busy)
Thanks Tony, and Posada Mexico!
The Big Buddha out front on the beach is really cool!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Memo J, Guest Relations Manager at Posada Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Hi "Tomás"

Thanks for your comment we really like that our guest enjoyed their vacations in Buena Vida, now we will be waitng for your fourth time in Zipolite and buena vida!!

See you soon, remeber Buena Vida is your House!!

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Hotel staff and location could not be better, right in the middle of the beach and the sunrises and sunsets are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. The hotel has great food and delicious coffe. Cannot be beat for the price of what you get and safety.
I will be back!
The little town is also extremely safe and wonderful. This is a part of Mexico you cannot miss!

Room tip: beach front rooms are best for both the breeze and the sound of the ocean to sleep
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Luis J, Owner at Posada Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Hi!!
Thanks for your comment, we'll be waiting for you on your next time on zipolite, remeber Buena vida is your house.

Regards.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

I'll admit I didn't leave the hotel, having to put clothes on became more effort than it was worth. For 5 days I relaxed on the hotels shady chairs, ate their door and swam. The beach is not great for swimming, the food was good but not great, and the optional clothing meant being naked was not the norm. However the atmosphere was awesome. I would go back in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: April 2017