Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
April N
San Diego, California

Wonderful stay- will be back!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 19, 2020via mobile
I really enjoyed my stay at BudaMar. It was our first time in Zipolite and the hotel really helped make it a nice experience. It was easy to book our room - we did it via WhatsApp and Ana, who runs the hotel, is very accommodating. The location of Budamar is the best. I checked out most of the hotels on the beach and I love Budamar for the location, amenities and price point.

We flew into Huatulco airport and booked the car service through the hotel. It may have been 100 pesos more than a taxi but we were flying in late at night and didn’t want to deal with any hassle. The driver was waiting for us upon arrival and before heading to the hotel, took us to an ATM because there aren’t many in Zipolite. Bring extra cash with you!

Our room was a double king with a pool view. No AC, but the fans were perfectly enough. The WiFi in the room is so so but very good by the pool. Breakfast in the morning was lovely. There are tables right on the beach to enjoy your coffee. My favorite items to order were the molletas and fruit salad. Our server every morning was Diego. He was so kind and always asked how are stay is and would give us recommendations for what to do each day.

If you don’t feel like swimming in the water, Buda Mar offers a very nice pool or really cool bed swings on the sand. My friends and I all loved our stay at Buda Mar. We highly recommend it and will all be coming back.
Date of stay: November 2020
Go to your Happy Price
0.8 km from Hotel Budamar Zipolite
0.2 km from Hotel Budamar Zipolite
View more hotels in Zipolite
All reviews ocean view chocolate croissant broken spanish restaurants and shops excellent location breakfast and lunch laid back great place to stay drinking water small hotel beds oaxaca waves beach surf pesos cons
Selected filters
Reviewed November 12, 2020 via mobile

Privileged view for tanned sunset lovers

An Oasis in the middle of Zipolite. Veggie bowl is a must (Broad flavor spectrum), Piñas coladas are made of soft yellow velvet and every corner is full of charm and pure perfection...a jewel!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Eddystr88
Reviewed September 24, 2020

My husband and I booked Budamar Hotel direct after reading reviews and looking at various travel sites. This was for our honeymoon and WE LOVED IT.

We reserved one of best rooms #7 on the top floor (Walk up only) with an incredible bow of the ocean and entire Playa de Zipolite. The room is well appointed and comfortable, very clean, sizable shower and bathroom. We used air conditioning some but preferred to open the wood bi-fold doors to the large porch and the ocean breeze. There is a day bed and 2 Adirondack chairs to relax on.

Budamar is a quiet unpretentious place, true to the posted photos. Their breakfast to dinner restaurant is on the beach with excellent fresh food by local chefs.

That went out of their way to make our honeymoon very special. We did look at most of the other hotels, on our morning and evening beach walks, and most of them were worn or didn’t live up to their photos posted.

The staff are non judgmental with couples, lovers, nudity, str8 or gay or whatever or you just being alone quiet and reflective. It’s difficult to pick hotels online, but you will not be disappointed with Budamar.

Josh & Bill

Oh and be sure to eat a few dinners at a local 4 star restaurant - Bacco. Just 3 blocks away.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JosueyBill
Reviewed August 5, 2020 via mobile

I’ve been reading some of the negative reviews from people who are quite evidently unclear on the concept of Zipolite. Zipo is not a fancy, touristy place. The atmosphere is very laid back, very casual, half the town is stoned, haste is non-existent—in other words, it’s not for everyone. If you need A.C., efficiency, television, faster WiFi; go someplace else!

Having said that, and as a travel professional, I find Budamar to be clean, well run, friendly, simple, and very central. It’s not fancy, but it’s right on the beach, and meticulously maintained. The restaurant has good breakfasts, and a rather tasty Asian-leaning menu for lunch. It is 15 meters from the Pacific, but if you don’t want to risk the somewhat hazardous riptides, it also has a small pool. My room is small, but has a decent bathroom with a low pressure shower, excellent amenities including repellent; mosquito netting, a safe, and a very comfy bed. I understand that there are larger rooms available. Drinking water is available in the lobby and restaurant without charge (Do NOT drink the tap water anywhere in Zipolite, not even to brush your teeth).

I am also happy to report that, in this time of pandemic, that Budamar has adopted sane and stringent sanitary procedures, with hand and foot sanitizers at both entrances. The employees wear masks, which is only a pity because you cannot see their smiles.

For the price that I am paying (pay cash! It’s cheaper) I could not ask for a higher level of hospitality. Highest recommendation!!

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank berkeley-guide
Reviewed April 28, 2020

I stayed here with my two friends in early March. We were visiting Mexico City and decided to escape to the beach for a few days. Zipolite was recommended to us by a friend and I'm so glad we decided to visit. We came during the week instead of the weekend, which was great because the beach was pretty empty and extremely relaxing. Buda Mar was a nice place to stay as it is directly on the beach and nicely appointed. For the three of us we booked a room with two king beds and an ensuite. Apparently not all the rooms have a bathroom in the room, so be aware of that when booking. The room was pretty warm and there is no AC, but there are fans in the rooms. For the price and location I think that it was the perfect place to stay. The hotel also has a small pool which was really nice considering the ocean is very rough at times. There are plenty of loungers around to lay on and the decorations are cute.

I would definitely stay here again, but I recommend eating elsewhere. We had a few snacks at the restaurant which were good but it is a bit overpriced in comparison to other places nearby and the food wasn't fantastic. We did a lot of walking around and stopping at places that had a lot of other people. To be honest the food is not the reason you're probably staying in Zipolite (especially when coming from Mexico City) but there are some tasty spots to be found.

Room tip: The upstairs rooms get a nice breeze from the ocean, and not all rooms are ensuite
Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank lizallo
Reviewed February 16, 2020

Had a beach lunch here and things were all over the place: service was brisk and accommodating, the bartender even made me a custom drink, and the guacamole was delicious, but certain menu items were misleading (what was ostensibly described as a salad was a barebones veggie sticks platter), and for a place with an apparent focus on Asian cuisine, their pad thai was kind of bad.

Hung out on the shaded beach beds after our meal, which was very nice, but when I took up a massage on offer, the massage therapist was kind of rough instead of relaxing like we had discussed, and the language barrier made it hard to communicate my discomfort. The massage also took place right on the terrace among people drinking and eating, with a few drapes for privacy but not even on every side, which was not only kind of awkward but also very noisy and distracting.

Didn't stay here overnight, so can't comment on Buda Mar's quality as a hotel.

Date of stay: February 2020