“Unfussy food that tastes good”
Review of Restaurant Hirsch

Restaurant Hirsch
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Hugelsheim
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Back in 1795 the Hotel Hirsch was the hunting lodge of the then margrave of Baden. Today the Hotel and Restaurant is still convincing with both its great hospitality and typical tradition of Baden.
Reviewed July 12, 2017

There is nothing special in the presentation and the recipes are neither exceptional nor refined. Yet the generous portions and the way the food it's cooked along with the wine, adds up for a nice meal. The steak was good and the side dishes were generous.

Reviewed March 14, 2017

When you are driving in this area you should plan a stop at that place. The quality of food served is really one of the best. The staff is most friendly. It is just a great experience there.

Reviewed February 12, 2017

We have been in this restaurant on multiple occasions and the food as well as the service were always excellent. Especially in the asparagus season (around April to July) they serve by far the best local asparagus with a special self-made pancake that is simply delicious.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

The food we were served was excellent. The menu was very limited and, as we do not eat veal on principle, there were very few other meals to pick from. However, the steak was very good.

The whole evening was ruined by the restaurant welcoming dogs. A couple came in and were seated next to us who proceeded to sit their dog at the table with them, not on the floor, and feed it. It kept barking. It is totally unhygienic having a dog sat at a restaurant table but, to make matters worse, the dog was also noisy. It turned my stomach watching that man hand feeding his dog at the table. It was not the only dog in there that evening. It was like dining at the local dog home.

I could not finish my meal as it totally put me off thinking a dog could have been eating where I was now sitting. At the prices they charge I can only describe the experience as a bitter disappointment.

I pointed out that I did not like dogs when the dog was seated next to us. However, we were only offered another table when we were ready to leave. The manageress said having dogs in restaurants is normal in Germany. In our many visits I have never witnessed this before.

If you love dogs, then I think this may be the restaurant for you.

Reviewed September 30, 2016 via mobile

This hotel is one of the few in this area which offers an indoor pool area. The rooms are large and lovely decorates. Breakfast buffer is very nice. Receptio ist is very friendly and helps out with pretty much every problem.