I had posted a review earlier and then had to delete it because i started getting harassed so now i edited it and reposting.
I will keep this very brief,
On my next visit to Tampico I will not stay at posada de tampico.
For the rate you are going to pay, you can pick another hotel such as Hampton inn (a bit more expenssive) which is next to the airport or you can pick city express (cheaper) which is fairly close to posada inn.
Why I would not stay again at this hotel? Posada de tampico is big and some might like it but I did not enjoy my stay.
1) The rooms are old / not fresh. Maybe they have new rooms but we did not get them.
2) Mattress is not comfy
3) The room had bad plumbing, broken toilet that would not flush unless you open and play around in the water tank.
4) Room service takes ages, I waited just under an hour and it was not a bussy day.
Why i recomend going to Cityexpress:
1) It will cost you less
2) It is a newer hotel (basic and clean not a luxury hotel).
3) Friendly staff
4) No restaurant in hotel but they offer the continental breakfast buffet..
5) It is located in a small plaza with very good restaurants, coffe shop, boutiques, bank, salon, apple bees etc
6) Cinema across the boulevard
Why i recomend going to Hampton inn:
1) Very close to airport
2) VERY comfy beds and rooms.. flat scree tv etc
3) right outside the hotel you will find an italian restaurant that is extremly good !
Posade de tampico is OK but you will find better that is all i can say
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Posada de Tampico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.