“Lovely Spa in San Miguel”
Review of Laja Spa

Laja Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Paying tribute to the magnificent Laja River that flows through the mountains in the north and fills the San Miguel Lake, the Laja Spa is a haven of purification and rejuvenation. We offer these treatments in three beautiful air conditioned colonial style treatment rooms.
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We were hoping to get in for a same day appointment at the coveted Rosewood Spa with no avail. After seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor, we called Laja Spa and made an appointment for 3 individual massages for myself and my 2 friends. We each had the 80 min massage that was a bit less than US $100/person. It was awesome! The rooms were decorated in colonial Mexican decor and much to my surprise for the price they also used aromatherapy massage oil. They also appear to have a great set up for manicures & pedicures. We didn't get those services, but the area looked very nice. They also had some beautiful jewelry in display that was priced reasonably. I bought a bracelet that has received countless compliments. They open daily and will accommodate your schedule. You will not be disappointed! I will definitely come back.

2  Thank yaresteban

Reviewed June 1, 2014

This is a very nice spa. The staff is very friendly and they really seem to know what they're doing. I had two wonderful massages (among the best I've ever had) at this spa while I was in town, and I left feeling relaxed and happy. I highly recommend them.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I got the "spa pedicure" here and while it was a pleasant and welcoming experience, it was wayyy overpriced for what I got! The "massage" lasts for about a minute on each foot. If money is no object than by all means go here but there are probably much better deals to be had. At home in the States I can get a better pedicure for half the price.

4  Thank breakupbabe
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Casa de Sierra Nevada as part of an educational trip as a luxury travel advisor. I will use Casa de Sierra Nevada and it's wonderful spa, Laja, when designing trips through the Bajio.
Laja Spa is located down the block from the main building of Casa de Sierra Nevada, on a colorful, cobblestoned street. The spa has a wonderful ambience with its peaceful setting ,wonderful fragrances and extremely friendly and helpful staff.
The English speaking staff and massage therapists are outstanding. Laja offers many different types of treatments. My wife and I had the Laja Exclusive massage, which did wonders after an exciting day of exploring this colonial town while walking all day on its charming, but rather rough cobblestoned streets.
Thank you Laja.