Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Amazing Tranquil Spa

Reviewed February 25, 2015
princessgeorge22
Santa Barbara, California
Lovely Spa in San Miguel

We were hoping to get in for a same day appointment at the coveted Rosewood Spa with no avail... read more

Reviewed July 1, 2014

from US$100.00
from US$59.00
from US$65.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 27, 2015

My husband and I at the Casa de Sierra Nevada and booked a massage and facial at Laja., The location and rooms are excellent atmosphere is tranquil and relaxing. We were handed bath robes and went upstairs to a beautiful setting. The person who worked on my started with the body scrub which I will say was fair, the massage was poor no pressure applied and she just lightly rubbed my back and shoulders. Then it was time for my facial. She just applied about 3 different creams not even explaining what they were, there was no steam, no extractions or skin analysis. To be honest I could not wait until it was over as I was very uncomfortable lying on my back. I expected more as the price was not reasonable. I would not return for treatments there but definitely stay at Casa de Sierra Nevada anytime!!

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Alba S
Reviewed July 10, 2015

I found this spa on on trip advisor and after reading reviews decided to schedule a spa pedi and traditional mani. Lets start with the good. Gaby was my pedi tech and really took her time to give me what I expected to be above and beyond a basic pedicure. The atmosphere was very relaxing and very comfortable.

However, for the cost of the service I expected a little more attention to detail. Perhaps offered a beverage. There was not much in the way of color options or gel, which is what I wanted. My mani tech did a dry manicure.There was no soaking of the nail beds so when she went to push and cut cuticles it was a little painful. Actually there was no pushing back of cuticles just cutting. She never cleaned my hands or had be wash them after removing previous polish. Strange and a first for me. I was very disappointing with the mani service.

Date of experience: July 2015
2  Thank wanaBworldtaveler
Reviewed February 25, 2015

My Mom and I were staying at Casa de Sierra Nevada and went to their Laja Spa the Sunday before we left. We both got the "Day of Spa Package" and enjoyed the treatments together by Gaby and Consuela. The scrub was awesome and got rid of all my dead skin and restored my circulation. We then received the "Exclusive Laja Spa Massage", which was amazing and released so much tension. My therapist was Gaby and she applied great pressure and really knew how to move my knots from the interior of my back and then out through my shoulders, neck and hands. Lastly, we got the Laja facial and that was such a nice end to the whole session. The whole experience was awesome and worth the money spent. The spa ambiance itself was peaceful and had the lovely old world charm that the hotel does. They had some awesome chlorophyll water that was delicious and I'm now making it at home in the States! I really enjoyed Laja Spa and the staff was helpful and kind. I would absolutely recommend the spa to anyone who is visiting San Miguel de Allende!

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank princessgeorge22
Reviewed January 2, 2015

After walking around town I thought that Laja would be a good place to get a manicure and pedicure. The reception area was nice and I thought that it would probably be pricey but I figured it would be clean and luxurious. The service was pretty good, I received a nice massage and my nails done well, although there were not many colors to choose from and the polish was pretty old. When I was ready to check out the total came to a whopping $1140 pesos, before tip. Apparently there is a "basic" and a "spa" and I had received the spa treatment, although I was not asked which service I would like to receive.

Date of experience: January 2015
3  Thank jordandann
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

The spa was decently priced and the treatments were good, but being sent on your way without the opportunity to brush your hair or clean the oil off was a bit odd. Luckily I only had to walk a block with my hair sticking up and smelling like a well seasoned baked chicken.

4  Thank MJCONDE3