“There are far better places for "spa" experience inSMA”
Review of Laja Spa

Laja Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Paying tribute to the magnificent Laja River that flows through the mountains in the north and fills the San Miguel Lake, the Laja Spa is a haven of purification and rejuvenation. We offer these treatments in three beautiful air conditioned colonial style treatment rooms.
Reviewed June 20, 2016

I had hoped to have a great experience with a massage and facial. Well read the other reviews and mine and see how limited and disappointing this place is. Although they market the 'spa" as full serice- hardly is the word to describe this. Facial was so limited - no cleansing only creams and lotions that i could do myself. The showqer is a space with a shower but used for all kinds of spa activities with buckets in it. Hot water valve leaking scalding water . So if you are looking for what you think is a day of pampering and have had other spa experiences, you will not like this place. go to another place that is highly recommended. LAJA clean up your act if you wish to intice clients for S'pa" service" as you will not be popular after these many reviews. One note the lady who assisted me with facial and massage was nice person and wished to be helpful but limitations are limitations and at this price go elsewhere

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank 450juditha

Reviewed February 27, 2016 via mobile

Terrible experience! Arrived at 6:30 for a 50 min Laja massage (deep tissue/reflexology/aromatherapy). Offered water, signed paperwork and waited in the waiting area for a few minutes. The massage table was not terribly comfortable and room cold. Mediocre technique with NO reflexology, minimal work to neck and shoulder areas and she did not even touch feet or hands. It was a glorified body oil application. Shower broken, so had to put clothes on all oily. After dressing I checked the time it was 7:15! There was NO WAY that was a 50min massage. I pointed this out to the masseuse who insisted it had been 50 min. I showed her the clock and she still insisted it had been 50 min. After speaking someone on the phone, because no manager was there, they gave 15% off. I was supposed to return tomorrow for a pedicure but will not be coming back!!

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank rebswifty16
Reviewed November 27, 2015

My husband and I at the Casa de Sierra Nevada and booked a massage and facial at Laja., The location and rooms are excellent atmosphere is tranquil and relaxing. We were handed bath robes and went upstairs to a beautiful setting. The person who worked on my started with the body scrub which I will say was fair, the massage was poor no pressure applied and she just lightly rubbed my back and shoulders. Then it was time for my facial. She just applied about 3 different creams not even explaining what they were, there was no steam, no extractions or skin analysis. To be honest I could not wait until it was over as I was very uncomfortable lying on my back. I expected more as the price was not reasonable. I would not return for treatments there but definitely stay at Casa de Sierra Nevada anytime!!

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Alba S
Reviewed July 10, 2015

I found this spa on on trip advisor and after reading reviews decided to schedule a spa pedi and traditional mani. Lets start with the good. Gaby was my pedi tech and really took her time to give me what I expected to be above and beyond a basic pedicure. The atmosphere was very relaxing and very comfortable.

However, for the cost of the service I expected a little more attention to detail. Perhaps offered a beverage. There was not much in the way of color options or gel, which is what I wanted. My mani tech did a dry manicure.There was no soaking of the nail beds so when she went to push and cut cuticles it was a little painful. Actually there was no pushing back of cuticles just cutting. She never cleaned my hands or had be wash them after removing previous polish. Strange and a first for me. I was very disappointing with the mani service.

Date of experience: July 2015
2  Thank wanaBworldtaveler
See more reviews
Reviewed February 25, 2015

My Mom and I were staying at Casa de Sierra Nevada and went to their Laja Spa the Sunday before we left. We both got the "Day of Spa Package" and enjoyed the treatments together by Gaby and Consuela. The scrub was awesome and got rid of all my dead skin and restored my circulation. We then received the "Exclusive Laja Spa Massage", which was amazing and released so much tension. My therapist was Gaby and she applied great pressure and really knew how to move my knots from the interior of my back and then out through my shoulders, neck and hands. Lastly, we got the Laja facial and that was such a nice end to the whole session. The whole experience was awesome and worth the money spent. The spa ambiance itself was peaceful and had the lovely old world charm that the hotel does. They had some awesome chlorophyll water that was delicious and I'm now making it at home in the States! I really enjoyed Laja Spa and the staff was helpful and kind. I would absolutely recommend the spa to anyone who is visiting San Miguel de Allende!

Date of experience: February 2015