“Wonderful suprise”

OKO Noodle Bar
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Asian Fusion Noodle and Cocktail Bar. Oko Noodle Bar is located in Plaza Alhondiga between Mega and Telcel.
Reviewed December 18, 2016

We randomly stoped here for lunch, it was awesome. We live in SMA so we love finding new great lunch spots. The calamari was some of the best I've had, huge serving. I also had a wrap and some soup, both awesome. My husband has a noodle Dish that was Freash and lovely. Certainly will be going there again.......and there was parking, if you have ever been to a SMA you know parking availability is so cool.

Reviewed December 8, 2016

Yes, it is technically a bar restaurant. And, yes, they serve noodles, but the food is outstanding!

Cons:
- the ambiance/furniture is not overly elegant
- I have heard the food is better for supper than for lunch (which is common)
- They leave the doors open even when it's cold outside (take-out anyone)

Pros:
- So worth it!
- Decent prices...
- For us, it is some of the best Thai (food) in SMA!
- They serve a variety of Asian food (eg, wasabi)
- Seems better every time we go. We generally get the Red Curry and Tom Kha, but everything we have had there has been fabulous!!

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful day so we sat on the patio which is essentially in the parking lot of the plaza. Service was quick and friendly although the restaurant was not at all busy. The three of us had iced tea which was okay, not particularly flavourful. My Thai Peanut Salad with Shrimp had four large shrimp which were tough and flavourless (I know this is the centre of Mexico!) but the peanuts and bean sprouts were delicious and a welcome change. The salad was large but was overdressed. The Fish Tacos were tasty and plentiful. The Peanut Chicken Wrap with Yam Fries were very good and filling. Total bill was 340 pesos. With all the restaurant options in SMA this would not be my first choice for a repeat visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2016

As several others have written, eating at OKO Noodle Bar is a hit or miss proposition. My last visit was a miss. The friendly waitress had no training and it showed. She walked from the bar to her destination table and back to the bar with her eyes focused straight ahead, never once looking around. there were only three other occupied tables but my frantic arm waving never caught her attention. I finally had to leave the table and go up to the bar to get my question answered.

The food was excellent but took FOREVER to arrive and even then only after I said I would have to leave if it did not arrive shortly. And then the appetizer arrived almost simultaneously with the entrees.

If the owner ever trains the staff and hires a chef who understands how to prepare more than one order at a time, OKO will be a great restaurant. Until that time, you pay your money and you take your chance.

Reviewed May 5, 2016

We ordered several options on the menu, from appetizers to entrees and found to food fresh, well prepared and enjoyable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.