See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

We stayed here while we had business to attend to at Marina Secas. This hotel puts you in close proximity to decent restaurants, banks, local bus service, as well as the marina. We plan on staying there again when we return. The rooms were comfortable and clean.
A table and chairs in the room would have been an asset but they did have a small table and chairs available on the balcony. The pools were clean and looked inviting but the weather was too cold and I didn't have a desire to cool off further in the pools. I am sure they would be appreciated in a hotter time of year.
The rooms were also the most economical of what we could find in San Carlos. We were treated well and allowed into our room upon our arrival at 10am, which was appreciated.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kathleen F
Reviewed November 28, 2016

Decent clean hotel in the centre of San carlos very secure nice shower ok beds great location you can walk the entire area with no worry so enjoy the quiet little port town mostly yachts no other boats here a fishing village from years ago on the northern part of the sea of cortez

Room Tip: Upstairs through a locked steel gate
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2016

I give it four stars because I think some of the other reviews are unreasonably harsh. You get what you pay for, people! was under no delusions when I stayed here last weekend. I just wanted a cheap place with a clean bed and AC. I was very satisfied! The room was spacious and quiet, and I might go as far to say it had a lot of old fashioned charm with it's huge patio, hallways, terrace, etc. An atmosphere of Old Mexico, really! The staff was very friendly and the other guests were mostly Mexican families.
Like I said, I was under no delusions -- I don't expect comforts and extras when I spend $50 on a weekend night. It wasn't even noisy on Saturday night. The shower was only warm, not hot, but it was so hot outside that I didn't care. I guess I'm used to cheap places, but I'll definitely stay here again in the summer (in Winter I'll spend a little more for a place with hot water)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed July 24, 2016

Booked this accommodation last minute and while we were grateful for the availability, the stay was not great. The rooms were of a decent size. The beds were made of what I can only assume is bullet proof grade foam on wooden platforms! You will not sleep. You will also not have wifi because the wi-if was so shoddy, it went out every two minutes. The TV is the living room is one the same wall as the "sleeper" couch so you can only watch it from the dining table, who's chairs were still covered in plastic. It would seem that there is a wonderment with steps as there are two steps to get to the toilet. I nearly busted my tail every time I left the restroom! So...if you are desperate for lodging, this could be adequate. But you better be desperate.

Room Tip: Bring a mattress pad and a mobile wi-fi hot spot
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2015

This hotel may be well located but the rooms are old and were not maintained at all. The bedding is old and the beds sagged and the room we were shown had an unpleasant smell. Since we didn't see another person or car, I would expect that the staff would have shown us something worth looking at. Unless you have to stay at something like this for price I would suggest looking elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple