See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here one night. The view is awesome, the room was pretty nice. The beds were a little hard but that's my opinion. The food is always great here and the drinks are great. I love Luis and Betty that work in the bar and resturant. You can not go wrong with eating here or staying here. Its Mexico so you may see rust on the airconditioner and little things like some peeling paint. There is a lot of humidity so that stuff happens. I have gone to San Carlos for many years and always frequented The Fiesta but this was my first stay in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank ducksmama
Reviewed April 3, 2010

My 19 year old son asked me to go on spring break trip with him. I know I will not get many more opportunities like that so I chose San Carlos because it is 700 km away from the normal spring break activities. As soon as I got there I felt entirely safe and let my son go and hang out any where he wished. The dolphins swimming just of the beach came almost every morning during breakfast. Deep Sea Fishing was wonderful and we caught more yellow fin tuna then we could have eaten. The Hotel cooked the fish and we had at least two meals out of the catch. Our room was on the first floor and even though the hotel receptionist told us we could come back the next day for a room on higher level we never changed because we loved being able to walk out of the room and be right on the beach.

The staff at the bar was very nice and took good care of us.

The room were adequate, the location was fantastic and the service was very good

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Keith M
Reviewed October 18, 2004

Our stay was Oct 10-16, 2004. The room was somewhat clean - very bare - just 2 double beds, desk and 1 chair, towels, but no bathmat or washclothes (so you might want to bring your own). A/C worked well. The balcony had a small table and 4 plastic chairs. However, the hotel has just changed ownership and the new owners are doing a major renovation, so the restaurant is closed except for breakfast for guests, and the whole place is very messy. We could not use our balcony a couple of days of our stay due to falling cement, dust and other safety issues(lack of railing). This was a problem since we are divers and needed to dry our gear and ended up just hanging it in the closet in the room and had water everywhere on tile floors which was very slippery. I spoke with the owner and suggested they should have closed the hotel during the renovations or done small sections at a time. We had asked for breakfast to be served early so we could catch a dive boat - but the cook didn't show until almost too late on a couple of mornings, but Jesus, the waiter was wonderful! And the dolphins did not disappoint - they showed up most every morning right near the shore as we sat on the patio eating our breakfast. We did feel safe and had no problems with theft or vandalism. Hopefully, this renovation won't take too much longer and future guests will have a nicer place to stay.

14  Thank debinatorColorado
Reviewed February 16, 2004

Great Views, great value, great service. The rooms are just right for the budget traveler- increadibly serene views from a balcony that's almost as large as the room- huge beds and hot water. The beachside bar is the best in San Carlos. Umberto will treat your right any time of day and the guac will satisfy. Very laid back and romantic. Explore the town for food options but staying in is not a burden.

18  Thank Trek4652
Reviewed November 15, 2003

The rooms a very simple, but kept clean. They all have balconies that look out over the grass and beach to the ocean. Each room has it's own air conditioner, which is wonderful. There are no T.V.'s or phones. The service was wonderful, very friendly and polite.

• Stayed: January 2005