Holiday Inn Express Guaymas
Travelocity
Hotel Armida(Guaymas)
US$62
Priceline
Los Jitos Hotel(San Carlos)
US$38
US$37
Marinaterra Hotel & Spa(San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$63
Sea of Cortez Beach Club(San Carlos)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$82
US$70
Hotel Impala(Guaymas)
Agoda.com
All reviewssan carlosnice hotellobby and common areasprofessional staffbusiness tripbusy streetcomfortable kingnext morningthe main roadplace to staysized bedentrancecleanlinesshiechainunitsexpert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2017

After Nogales this is our second HIE on our road trip to Guadalajara. It has all the features of your usual HIE. Rooms were a bit small but OK. Tons of TV channels including ABC etc. Parking was good and there is a guard, which is why we stayed there in the first place. Dining is a bit of an issue. There were limited options in Guaymas, more so in San Carlos. After having been all day on the road, I was done driving so we opted for a local bodega,which was a disaster. Breakfast (again, just as in Nogales) was a disappointment.
Bottom line: if you are on the road all day this is a comfortable, no-frills place to stay. Take a taxi to San Carlos for dinner.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Everything was as it should be, clean, refreshed and available. This is our go to place for stopover's in Guaymas, on our way to San Carlos, or to the Hermosillo Airport! Very expert and professional staff! Felt like we were staying at a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017

I stayed here for a business trip , very convenient for work but , not a great place to stay for a long period of time , no good food places around , only fast food places . the breakfast is not great either ,it is full on Mexican and very very busy .

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the road
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Guaymas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Hi paul j,

We value your comments and welcome you as our guest. I am glad to know you chose to stay with us during your business trip. However, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations because we always strive to please our guests during their stay. Please accept our apologies for the breakfast choices you have received and for any inconvenience encountered with the surrounding area. In addition, I also noticed the rating you had on the Sleep Quality aspect. Please know that your comments are noted to help us better the services and accommodation we offer. Should you have the chance to visit us again, please do not hesitate to ask assistance from our hotel staff.

Thank you again for the review. Our team is looking forward to accommodating your stay again in the future.

Regards,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 July 2017

I stayed here with a few friend. It is a nice hotel. The room was spacious, clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast had a big selection of food, but the quality could be better, although it was a good breakfast. Great service from all members of the staff who served us. Its a good option to stay in Guymas. I will be back whenever I have to go to Guaymas.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2017

We were staying at one of our favorite places Holiday Inn Express. We always use this chain and love it. But on May 7, 2017 we decided to stay at Holiday Inn Express in Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico. Unfortunately, we had never stayed at this particular hotel so we did not know the entrance nor exit of said hotel. We came to hotel when it was dark and the main street was so busy the the only way to get into the hotel parking lot was a large very wide ramp leading to the parking so we decided to make a left turn there and enter parking lot. We did notice a man just parked on the right side of said ramp. He waited until we turned into the ramp when he stood right in front of us with this arms outstreched as in the form of a cross and would not let us in. All the time he was yelling in Spanish "Resptect, Respect, Respect" and all this while our car was half into the parking lot ramp and the very busy street. Had it not been for the expert drivers in Guymas this man would have caused our death since a very large bus almost hit us due the this man not letting us move up and out of the street. Luckily my husband was driving because I was so afaid of being hit by the cars that I would have most likely run him over. Finally my husband yelled at him to move and he took his sweet time doing this but we were able to move away from the danger. We explained that we were guests and that we did not know where the entrances was but all he kept saying was RESPETEN, RESPETEN!! He could have caused his own death too because most likely if we were hit, it would have sent my car into his and he would have been sandwiched between both vehicles.But the worst part was not that, to my surprise this drunkard, because he looked drunk to me that night, was no less the Hotel Manager!!!! I saw him the next morning and I was livid by then. If I were him and if it would upset me sooooooo much for my customers to come in through the Exit ramp, I would let them in to make sure they did not get hit by all the oncoming cars and then I would have yelled at them or explained to them where the Entrance was. I would never put someones life in danger as this man did. His name is Gerardo Torres and I hope this gets to his boss /owner of the Holiday Inn Express in Guaymas Sonora. I will continue searching for the owner to make sure he never does this again to a customer.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple