1,395 results
All reviews outdoor jacuzzi hot tub robes and slippers birthday treat relaxing stay pudding my mum sherwood forest tea and coffee overnight stay weekend break full english normanton inn courtyard restaurant disco venue
Reviewed January 11, 2017 via mobile

Another great stay made better by a complimentary upgrade.
I stay here regularly and my last visit was a bit of a struggle as the room was too hot. This time the room had adjustable heating and windows that open a good extent to allow each guest to select the best temperature for the individual.
The service here is always friendly and of a high standard. The food is very good and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal in the bar last night. It was a bit of a wait but it was worth it.
The spa and pool are clean and very pleasant and allowed me to relax after work.
The only niggle If I had one was that my toiletries weren't replaced today but that didn't dampen my thoughts of this stay as I can always get some from reception if needed.
A pleasurable stay.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Michael B, Manager at Muthu Clumber Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Thank you for your review and comments we are pleased you enjoy your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2017

We booked to stay here from the 29 Dec to 2nd Jan, which included the New Years Eve Gala Dinner package.

Cannot fault any aspect of our stay.

We dined in the restaurant on our first night, the food was lovely.

2nd day we ate in the bar, again could not fault the food.

New Years Eve was fantastic, the room and table looked lovely, food was exceptional and really enjoyed listening to the violinist whilst eating, (there was far too much cheese though on the cheeseboard, such a waste).

We used the swimming pool whilst we were there, nice clean area.

Could not fault any of the staff we dealt with, they were all friendly and accommodating and when I originally booked.

We will definitively be back.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank your for your review and comments. Very pleased you had a wonderful time with us at New Year. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed January 5, 2017

Booked a one-night stay here post-New Year with my wife while visiting family in the area.

Our Superior Room, on the ground floor, was spacious, comfortable and immaculately clean. Facing the courtyard, we heard no traffic from the road at the front. Some noise, TV and/or voices, was audible until well into the night from an adjoining room though. Not sure if this was coming from next door or above, but I was tired, so slept soundly enough anyway.

At breakfast we received fast and friendly service. The cooked food might not have been freshly prepared, as it arrived remarkably quickly and the bacon was slightly rubbery, but overall we were well satisfied.

In our short stay, we didn't have dinner in the hotel or use the bar, nor did we have time to sample any of the spa facilities. I wouldn't mind returning to try some of these another time.

Stayed: January 2017

Thank you for your review and comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I paid a return visit as we had had a nice time in the spa before. Having telephoned us the night before and told the steam room not working. Booked two treatments and after filling in health forms, changed and entered the room, my wife was told she was breastfeeding? They didn't even read out our names to confirm the correct details.

Waited twenty minutes to be told no dessert as ordered which made us rush our afternoon schedule.

Very small baby allowed in jacuzzi and hot tub, and at one point choking in the water. Although couple later told by staff to leave hot tub with baby.

Customer service could be improved as there are many other spa places in the area.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tomo2363
Michael B, Manager at Muthu Clumber Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Thank you for your review and comments which have been passed onto our New Leaf Spa Manager to look into.

Reviewed December 30, 2016

this was a surprise Christmas present for me and what a lovely present it was too. The hotel was lovely the staff were brilliant, we were a little disappointed when we checked in to discover the steam room was out of order, ok these things do happen, things break, we were offered a 20% discount on our restaurant bill or a bottle of wine as compensation,we accepted the 20% off. the food was delicious and the friendly professional service was excellent.

The room was nicely decorated, very clean and comfortable, the complementary toiletries in the bathroom were good quality and the tea and coffee and very delicious biscuits were appreciated along with the a welcoming hand written card and a box of chocolates was a lovely touch, I imagine this was just for Christmas.

The spa facilities were excellent, modern and clean, apart from the broken steam room. The gym facilities were a little outdated however they were adequate for a little workout. In the package price we were entitled to 1 x 25 minute treatment each but as my partner did not want his I was allowed to add them together and upgrade to a better facial, the treatment was excellent.

Also included in the package was £25 each off an evening meal and a bottle of wine, the food was excellent.

The hotel is facing Clumber Park, some wonderful walking routes, the hotel does supply you with a map, the park is well worth the visit. I believe you can also hire bicycles.

Room Tip: The hotel is adjacent a busy room so I would suggest requesting a room away from the road.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Michael B, General Manager at Muthu Clumber Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Thank you for your comments and review we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in 2017.