“Lovely crew”

Capt. Mark's Whale and Seal Cruise
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Went to see whales, but it was a pretty windy day, so it was difficult to spot them. Saw one pilot whale. The captain said that wasn't enough and let us go (for free) on another day, where we did see more. We all had a great time with the knowledgable crew and just being on the water in such a beautiful place

All reviews
"great company"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Very nice crew
Had a problem finding whales but made a big effort and lengthened the trip until found them

Reviewed September 29, 2017

This was a highlight of our trip. The captain and his crew pointed out a couple of whales on our way out and I was concerned that we might not see anymore. That was not the case. We soon ended up in a pod of about 25 "pothead" whales. Capt. Mark made sure to move the boat so that everyone got a great experience. One of the best things was when they put the microphone in the water so we could hear the whales. Every person on this vessel was friendly and knowledgable. I'm so glad we did this!!!

1  Thank Janie L
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband & I went on a whale trip on Sept 25th with Capt. Mark & had a great experience! We were able to see a Minke whale who really seemed to want to “show off” for us! He kept coming up close to the boat on several occasions. Apparently they don’t usually “interact” with the boats as much as this one did, but we were really glad he did! Capt Mark & the Research Scientist aboard (Elizabeth) were both very knowledgeable & friendly & enjoyed telling us stories & lots of interesting information about both the different types of whales as well as the gray seals that we also saw. I highly recommend going with Capt Mark if you want to see whales & have a great time too!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 20, 2017

I emailed a couple weeks before our trip to find out if the "Double Hookup" boat was accessible. Tina told me that although the wheelchair was not allowed on board (makes sense), my husband could be accommodated. We confirmed our time. When we arrived at the dock I was so disappointed to see that there was no way my husband was getting on this boat. Yes, there is a ramp down to the dock but then, three steps up, across the narrow walkway (with a railing) at the back of the boat and 3 - 4 large steps down into the boat. None of this would be any problem for an able bodied person, in fact with the help of Capt.Mark, Capt.Gils and their lovely researcher (I'm afraid I've forgotten her name, maybe if she had Capt. in front of it:) ), he had no problem getting on board. All the other passengers were on the ramp waiting and watching and I'm happy to say it went very smoothly with no bruising of my husbands dignity.
It only got better. It was a little choppy and windy as we left the dock but as the time went by the water got smoother, the wind died down and the sun came out. I was loving it already but then after a bit of time we saw whales. There were 3 Pilot whales. They hung around quite some time even went under the boat at one point. It really was a great experience. I would recommend Capt. Mark's because it felt safe and professional and they are just the nicest people.

1  Thank lenore04