“Awesome day on the water in Cabo!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Day Sail Cabo

Day Sail Cabo
More attraction details
Owner description: Day Sail Cabo offers you a 52.3 foot Luxury Beneteau sailboat. Enjoy the wind, dolphins, seals and even whales, while being chased by the wind. Come sail Cabo San Lucas and its coastal waters on this beautiful sailboat. And, we actually SAIL, and are the only sailboat flying a spinnaker...Private and Public daily charters available. 11am til 3pm and 4pm til sunset. Sail, snorkel, whale watch, and sunset tours available.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kalamazoo, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome day on the water in Cabo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We booked the 'day sail' trip with Capt Bob, on his 52 foot sail boat over the internet, and had a great time. Capt Bob is one of the few U.S. charter boat captains in the Cabo marina, and he is a huge Chicago Bulls fan. Cabo is awesome, the boat is awesome, and his first mate Juan mixes up a mean batch of Margaritas’. I will book this trip every time I am in Cabo!

Visited March 2012

Toronto
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Daily Sail- That Ran Out Of Fuel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor my friend and I booked a daily sail with Captain Bob. We elected a four hour day cruise frorm 11am-3pm. At first we were delighted with our choice. Captain Bob was a wealth of knowledge about the area, and was a pleasant host. He was assisted by his deck hand Juan who was in charge of making drinks, setting up the food, and whatever assistance Captain Bob required.

Towards the end of our tour, the boat ran out of fuel. None of the passengers were concerned, but Captain Bob's demeanor definitley changed. He became quite stressed, yelling orders to Juan. I commented to my friend about a whale in the distance, and he replied, " we have more important things to worry about.". Captain Bob put up the sails and eventually another boat was able to bring us fuel to get us back to shore. Upon return to the shore, Captain Bob could not get rid of us fast enough. Unfortunately, one of the elderly lady passengers, fell between the pier and the boat when disembarking. Captain Bob and Juan were able to pull her out of the water, but at the point he basically marched us up to the end of pier and sad good bye. I was extremely concerned for this passenger, as she could have sustained a serious injury. At the end of the day a real testament is how somebody deals with pressure, and Captain Bob didn't deal with it well.

6 Thank K&SToronto
CaptainBob_10, Owner at Day Sail Cabo, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear customer's,

I'm sorry that my demeanor may have changed during that incident. It was more important for us to move away from the dangers of the rocks, other vessels that were next to us, and the shallow waters. It was undetermined if the engine's quitting was due to low fuel, or something more dangerous, such as engine overheating due to plastic bags that often get sucked up into the cooling system.
The safest route was to take us out to deeper waters, and making sure my crew focused on and understood that keeping everyone safe, always is and was priority # 1.
We also needed to focus on getting everyone back into dock in time a timely manner, especially to return to their cruise ship.
At that point, and under sail, chasing whales that might have been in the area was not near the top of the list of things I should have been concentrating on. I apologize for possibly letting slip my thoughts at that moment, especially if they were far off in the distance.
Fortunately, the adding of fuel was the cure, and we did get everyone back in, a little late, but in time to catch their tenders to the cruise ship.
I have had several phone calls and exchange of emails with Bette, who has said she is alright, was not hurt, and only embarrassed from her misjudgment of the distance from the boat to the dock.
I also apologize if I tended to Bette on the way up the dock, to make sure she was OK. I did not intend for you to feel I was rushing anyone off the boat, even though we were behind the promised arrival timer back into port. I believe you and the other guests were walking ahead of us as we departed the boat, and Bette was walking very slowly. I stayed with her and just wanted to make sure she was OK, and able to walk back to the tender docks.
Victoria, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you do one tour in Cabo...go sailing with Captain Bob!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We met up with some friends and some new found friends and at the last minute went sailing with Captain Bob. Great food, great sailing ,great service. First class all the way! In fact it was so good that we're hosting a group in March for a 50th b-day bash and we'll all be going sailing again!

Visited December 2011
California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful for the second time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Went on Capt Bob's boat June 2010 and had a wonderful time. Booked this trip again a couple weeks ago and had a great time again! Capt Bob is such a nice person and truly takes care of his guests. His boat is beautiful and clean. Don't hesitate to book this excursion- you will miss out on a fabulous day if you do!

Louisiana
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“$200 for a couple is a steal!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

It was absolutley the best four hours we spent in Cabo and the highlight of our visit. I was a little hesitant about booking this tour with Capt. Bob since I was not able to get any feedback from the forums. We were so glad that we booked it! My wife and I along with another couple took the 11:00 am to 3:00 pm tour. There was eight people during this time slot. The L'attitude is a 52' Yacht and she is beatutiful. It was nice to have the feeling that your were riding on the yacht that everyone else wanted to be on. The service we recieved from Capt Bob and Juan felt personal and friendly. During the tour Juan (deckhand) made sure everyone had their beverage of choice and took care of the food preparation. We were treated to a fruit and vegetable tray first, then later he brought out chips with salsa, gucamole, and ceviche dips. Then we served sandwhiches and chips. Capt Bob is from San Diego, CA but living in Cabo and doing what he loves. We were allowed to walk around the front of the yacht freely.