“Good Food, Good Drink, Good People = Great Time”

The Original Salsa and Salsa Los Cabos
More attraction details
Owner description: An interactive cooking show like no other! Two Dancing Chefs take you through a variety of Mexican salsas, as well as teach you how to make Margaritas and dance the salsa! Try your culinary creations with tasty snacks and try an assortment of drinks, including all-you-can-drink Margaritas, Jamaica Tea (Hibiscus Herbal Tea) and Bottled Water.Guests have 1.5 to 2 hours of free time after the dance lesson, where head into town to shop. Note: Participants must be at least 8 years of age and must be 21 years of age to drink alcoholic beverages. This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or those with back, neck or heart problems. Ground transportation provided to and from the ship.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My title says it all. We took the Salsa and Salsa excursion as part of our Carnival Cruise in January 2012. When you add the location to the food, drink and people the whole experience was worth going back and doing again some day.
We have have been using our Salsa making experience to make our own Salsa here at home.
Thanks for a good time.

antoinette7, Manager at The Original Salsa and Salsa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Hi Rick! Looks like you made the right choice for your Shore Excursion in Cabo San Lucas. The tour takes place at a first-class hotel with a beautiful view on the Pacific ocean. The enthusiastic Dancing Chefs teach you how to make a variety of Salsas and margaritas from scratch. With the free recipe sheet you will be able to easily recreate your salsas at home. Happy cooking and hope to see you soon for your refresher class! Greetings from the Dancing Chefs...... Olé!!!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

My family of four (two adults and two kids) had a blast when we participate in Salsa and Salsa while visiting Cabo San Lucas on a cruise. The two dancing chefs were great fun, personable, and made the entire experience come to life!

As loves of salsas (the food), we now know how to make seven different kinds and will be putting this experience to good use! Combine that with the salsa dance lessons, and it doesn't get much better! And the margeritas that they teach you how to make are an added bonus, especially the unlimited ones you get to drink (this may be a ploy to help people dance more, but who cares?!)

I am definitely going to recommend this experience to everyone I know who goes to Cabo San Lucas. Do yourself a favor - and go!

1  Thank BMaker91
antoinette7, Manager at The Original Salsa and Salsa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Thank you for your triple-GREAT rating! We're excited to hear that all four members of your family enjoyed the Salsa and Salsa experience. From now on you'll have an array of 7 original Mexican Salsas to choose from and we encourage that you experiment at home. Thank you again for joining us and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Cabo. Greetings from the Dancing Chefs...... Olé!!!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

my wife and I recently went on a carnival cruise (Carnival Splendor) to Mexico and one of the port stops was Cabo San Lucas. We went with some friends on this shore excursion while in port and , while I am not a dancer, I would say it is worth the money and I had a great time.
It is a short drive from the cruise terminal, and once you arrive you are welcomed by some very friendly faces (surprisingly only 1 was mexican, the others were canadian) and led to a great open room by the ocean (we saw whales while we were there!!) . The first part of the morning was spent making various salsa's and dips which was a lot of fun and very tasty (they give you the recipes afterwards)

They also provided Margarita's and a couple of tequila shots (I do not drink liquor but was able to buy beer at a cheap price)

After the Salsa making, we had a great Salsa dance lesson, I am a terrible dancer but I gave it a go and to my surprise I enjoyed it a lot.

After the dancing you have the option of staying and laying by the pool, or heading into town, there is transportation for both options back to the cruise terminal

Great fun for people of all ages

antoinette7, Manager at The Original Salsa and Salsa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Hi Carnival cruiser! Thank you for sharing those fun photos with us. The tour is hosted by our international team of Dancing Chefs that take you through making several margaritas from scratch, roasted and fresh chopped salsas and before you know it you're dancing the Salsa like you never knew you could. Thank you for pointing out that there is relax time after the tour to enjoy the pool or beach of the hotel. You're lucky to have spotted those whales..... Olé!!!

Reviewed 17 January 2012

Went to Salsa & Salsa in Cabo with sons and grandkids. Was very impressed with the meticulous organization from the time we were greeted at the door, escorted to our table, made 7 delicious salsas and 2 margaritas with fresh ingredients (even smoothies for non-alcoholic drinks) and finally learnt basic salsa steps. The 3 dancing chefs kept up an incredible momentum and everyone had a memorable time, eating, drinking and dancing. Thank you for a fun activity for the whole family.

antoinette7, Manager at The Original Salsa and Salsa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

What a fun day that must have been: cooking, drinking and dancing with the whole family. The tour is very well organized, so you can just sit back and relax. Thank you for mentioning the tasty non-alcholic drinks for our younger chefs using fresh ingredients. We hope you have fond memories of Salsa and Salsa and visit us again soon..... Olé!!!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I attended with my sister-in-law and her parents to celebrate my Mother-in-law's 79th birthday. Cherie and Victoria provided a morning full of fun. The hand-ons preparation was easy to follow, and the recipes were delicious. We are all from Texas and have tasted our share of salsas and margueritas. I am not usually a fan of scripted entertainment, but this excursion offered a minimum of kitsch. The resort in Cabo was beautiful; the class took place in a large palapa, and the hotel staff was very good at keeping the correct dishes and ingredients at hand. None of us was too skilled at the salsa dancing, but we did enjoy that as well.We took advantage of an extra hour or so at the resort after the class was over.

I highly recommend this excursion to almost anyone who can wield a parting knife.