I enjoyed my stay at Playa Grande and did encounter some negative as mentioned in previous reviews but they didn't really deminish my overall satisfaction with the resort. I only have one complaint - pool side chair hoarding.
This problem with people saving pool chairs with towels every morning at 0800 or earlier but not actually arriving until two to three hours later is, I believe, a blemish on the resort. There is a hotel rule against this as stated in the hotel guest services book - if no one shows up for more than one hour, towels may be removed by staff. One nasty confrontation occurred when a couple had security remove towels so they could use the chairs. These chairs had been saved by towels for over two hours. When the towel owners finally showed up at 1030, they accused the other couple of removing their things and a heated argument ensued. My experience at hotels and resorts is usually the practice of saving pool chairs is acceptable if there is someone sitting in one and saving another. My complaint is encountering no one at the pool but towels on the majority of chairs. I think this problem can be remedied by using small color coded cards stating the "no saving chair rule". At 0900, staff would put out a WHITE card on towels so time can be established. At 1000, if no one shows up to claim their chairs a RED card is put on the towels denoting this chair has been saved for two hours or more and now available to all. This will enable security to remove the towels so other guests that arrive later will have the use of these chairs without disputes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos