“Beyond expectations!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Seattle, Washington
“Beyond expectations!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

Upon my arrival at this resort I was impressed with the sheer beauty of it but oh it gets so much better. The personalized service is over the top from the concierge who tours the property with you then takes your to your room as you gasp and awe at the resort grounds to the amazing wait staff in the restaurants. When we arrived to my room their was a butler making mojito's on my terrace, fresh chips and guacamole with pico de gallo awaited me, I was so overwhelmed tears came to my eyes. I have been to many highly rated resorts none compare to Esperanza. Things not to be missed; take a walk at sunset on the beach and watch the waves crash over the rocks, in season (as it was upon my visit) I sat at the infinity edge pool and watched a pod of whales put on quite a show. Order the beef tacos, trust me on this, order them! Filet Mignon is not my favorite cut of beef seemingly it lacks flavor but not here, order the Filet you will not be disappointed. It is apparent the staff here is well trained, prideful of their work and frankly seem very happy to be at work. Refreshing and kudos to the General Manager! One employee waived his hand towards view and said "How do you like my office?" well sir, I liked it very much!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for such wonderful comments about your recent stay at Esperanza. I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations and that you found our service and staff to be the very best! Here at Esperanza we enjoy what we do best, making sure that our guests go home happy.

Thanks once again for taking a moment to send us your delightful feedback.
We look forward to having you and your friends back at Esperanza very soon.

Marc Rodriguez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

We spent 6 nights at Esperanza in the fractional ownerships. The 3 bedrooms were easily big enough to accommodate our family of 5.
Cabo is certainly one of the world's beautiful destinations and maybe the best weather we have experienced. No humidity and warm in the sun, cool in the shade, high 50s at night during March. But it is always the people that make a place special, and Esperanza stands out most for it's staff. We found everyone to be friendly, efficient, and always trying to help us with our broken Spanish!
Esperanza does a good job of separating the adults area from the family areas. The on-property restaurants and gym/spa area were all top notch. I think the 'right' way to get the most out of Cabo, is to combine a bit of poolside lounging with an activity every day, such as sailing, waverunners, dune buggies, swim w/Dolphins or checking out Cabo and San Jose.
Only drawbacks I could mention are: a) The town of Cabo is close, but requires a taxi both ways, which cost about $20 each way.(would be nice if Esperanza had a shuttle every hour or something. b) The beach around Esperanza is not set up for a long walk or swimming. I think most folks that come here know that, but worth pointing out. That said, the beach and water around the town are very use-able. Although you cannot really use the beach around Esperanza, it is visually stunning, and the waves crashing into rocks do not make a bad place to eat breakfast or dinner.
Overall this felt like a pretty authentic Mexican vacation, and I would not hesitate to get back to Esperanza for it's beauty and the quality of service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us such great feedback from your recent stay at Esperanza’s Residence Club. Springtime is one of the best times to visit sunny Los Cabos. I am thrilled to read that our Esperanza team made your stay so special.

Thanks again for sharing your comments.
We wish you and your family all the best and hope to have you back very soon!

New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I proposed to my now fiance here last weekend and I can't say enough about the place. Karla, our personal concierge, went above and beyond. The resort is a beautiful - do note that you really can't go in the water-but its the service that really stands out at this place. The hotel staff worked tirelessly to make sure the proposal went smoothly and that we enjoyed every minute of the very special weekend. i'd also note that while the rooms are expensive, I think the hotel offers great value (i know hard to say that at 1000+ a night) but they are generous once you're there (free treats, food etc) and you don't feel like you're getting nickel and dimed at every corner.

The infiniti hot tubs on the porch of the rooms were also a great touch and one of the reasons I chose this place over Ventanas and Palmilla. Fish tacos by the pool were perfect.

Can't wait to go back and thanks to everyone at the Esperanza for making it such a special weekend for us,

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alfredthereviewer
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Thank you for taking the time to send us your wonderful feedback. I am honored that you chose Esperanza for such a special occasion and that we were able to make your stay memorable.

We hope to have you return soon!

Warm Wishes,
philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

We just got back from a wedding scouting location trip in Cabo San Lucas. Esperanza was by far our favorite location. Our suite was amazing…..gorgeous views, hot tub on the balcony, comfortable bed & top notch service. We were even greeted with in-room margaritas and guacamole & salsa.

I can't wait to go back again soon!

Room Tip: If you get a deluxe room. make sure its on the 2nd or 3rd floor to get a hot tub. bottom floor doesn...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slhayden83
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am so thrilled that you enjoyed Esperanza and especially your suite and in room amenities. Our team goes above and beyond to ensure that your stay is seamless.

We hope to see you back very soon.
Our best wishes to you both!

Warm Wishes,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

My stay at Esperanza was magical. The attention to detail is amazing. My room had a incredible view of the ocean, The beds are so comfortable!!!!!The food was so GOOD! Every morning while I was having breakfast, I enjoyed watching the whales. I saw one mommy whale pushing her baby. There is a nice selection of beautiful art and sculptures through out the property. The service is amazing. Everyone is very friendly and attentive. Love the Boutique there. I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Every room looks exceptional
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Wendy E
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so glad that your stay at Esperanza was magical!

Yes, each of our suites within the resort has a view of the ocean, where we currently have whales showing off out front.

Thank you for your comments regarding the Boutique. Our newest shopping outlet, Esperanza’s Artisan Market has just been unveiled in March and offers elegant and tasteful art, jewelry and decoration from select designers throughout Mexico.

We hope to see you again at Esperanza very soon!

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed here in Feb and I can’t begin to express my pleasure with the resort. The food, spa and view just got better daily. Every morning we enjoyed whales playing in the ocean while eating an amazing breakfast (both the buffet and ala cart were great). The drinks were good, not super sweet like how a lot of resorts tend to do.

The staff was amazing. I can't say enough good things about the service. I don't know if they were just fooling us, but it seemed like they actually loved their jobs!

We really enjoyed a whale watching trip which was not associated with the resort. I couldn’t believe how many we saw.

If we could afford to vacation like this often, we’d be back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotte_Mel
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such delightful feedback from your recent stay here at Esperanza! It is wonderful that you not only took the time to acknowledge the favorable experience you had but that we were able to make your stay memorable. Our team loves what they do and work very hard to ensure top service.

We are thrilled that you came at just the perfect time to catch our whales! In Cabo’s winter & spring months, you can see entire whale families playing right up in front of our restaurants and terraces throughout the resort!

We hope to see you again at Esperanza very soon.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We are wrapping up our stay here in Cabo and I can't wait to come back to Esperanza. Last year We stayed at Las Ventanas - which is nice but my stay here at Esperanza has been top notch. I love everything about this place. The service here is the best you can find in Mexico. Also, so nice to have a short cab ride to downtown Cabo.
We upgraded our room to an ocean view casita with spa. We have enjoyed our little patio immensely.
They have a little army working on this property around the clock. The grounds are kept impeccable!
Also, the security is tight - which I liked. We took a cab home from San Jose one night and the cab driver had to go through two security check points and they even made the cab driver's adult son step out of the cab and wait outside the gate while we were driven inside - no second driver cabs allowed! Needless to say, I felt very safe here!
Another great feature was the breakfast that was included in our package. It was not buffet - it was sit down with a full menu and of course - great service.
The spa is gorgeous - had the best hot stone massage ever! I even took pics of the private shower since we are remodeling our master bath at home and want to incorporate some of the same features.
The only thing I would tell Esperenza to tweak is the lighting in the bathroom and switch out the shower heads in the bathroom.
I can't say enough wonderful things about Esperenza - worth every penny!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank karavalley
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
I am so happy to hear that you had an amazing stay at Esperanza. I am honored that you consider our service here to be the best in Mexico!

Here at Esperanza Resort, we take security very seriously. Our guests’ safety is a top priority for our team and I am glad that you perceived this.

We are currently working on a project that will include new showerheads in our bathrooms in each casita. Also, the lighting has been a subject that we are looking into as well. Thank you so much for bringing up both of these issues; I truly appreciate your feedback.

I look forward to having you back at Esperanza very soon!