We returned to Esperanza after a 3 yr absence for no other reason than we have been very busy. Although we always loved Esperanza on our prior 4 trips, we must say that in the last 3 yrs they have truly improved what was always a very good experience into something even better.
Most notably is the improved food and beverage service. The menu selections are more varied, more seasonal, and most importantly, the flavor profiles of very dish we ordered at breakfast, lunch and dinner were superb. Chef Gonzo is firing on all cylinders.
The breakfast selections are fresher and lighter, and each one better than the next. The only dish for us that was not quite as good as all the others was the French Toast, but this was more a personal preference. The egg dishes on the menu were very authentic, and the "cakes and waffles" all included small accompaniments that were delicious in every way. Even the coffee was better than we remembered.
Luncheon selections at the pool and at Le Bar were more varied and again, more fitting to the setting: lighter, fresher, more flavorful.
Dinner: is now a 3 or 4 course experience, but as always, the accommodate every request, so you may order ala carte as well. As we told the Chef when he stopped by the table, his food was fine dining quality in a resort setting giving us no reason to leave the property.
The rooms here all face the water and are stunning and beautiful. Housekeeping is spot on. A lovely place to sleep or to sit on your balcony and enjoy the view.
We cannot over recommend this resort. Small, exclusive and overflowing with hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, Esperanza is located within the private enclave of Punta Ballena in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, this highly acclaimed luxury resort offers an incomparable natural setting on 17 lushly landscaped acres. Fifty-seven guest casitas and suites cascade down a gentle hill affording spectacular ocean views from every room. Resort amenities include an oceanfront infinity-edge pool, private beach, award-wining spa, yoga studio, fitness center, art gallery and world-class dining—all with spectacular 180-degree vistas of sky and sea, for a perfectly private resort escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Esperanza - An Auberge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza - An Auberge Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Esperanza An Auberge
- Esperanza Resort
- Esperanza - An Auberge Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos