“Esperanza Resort Re-visited” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Esperanza Resort Re-visited”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

We returned to Esperanza after a 3 yr absence for no other reason than we have been very busy. Although we always loved Esperanza on our prior 4 trips, we must say that in the last 3 yrs they have truly improved what was always a very good experience into something even better.

Most notably is the improved food and beverage service. The menu selections are more varied, more seasonal, and most importantly, the flavor profiles of very dish we ordered at breakfast, lunch and dinner were superb. Chef Gonzo is firing on all cylinders.

The breakfast selections are fresher and lighter, and each one better than the next. The only dish for us that was not quite as good as all the others was the French Toast, but this was more a personal preference. The egg dishes on the menu were very authentic, and the "cakes and waffles" all included small accompaniments that were delicious in every way. Even the coffee was better than we remembered.

Luncheon selections at the pool and at Le Bar were more varied and again, more fitting to the setting: lighter, fresher, more flavorful.

Dinner: is now a 3 or 4 course experience, but as always, the accommodate every request, so you may order ala carte as well. As we told the Chef when he stopped by the table, his food was fine dining quality in a resort setting giving us no reason to leave the property.

The rooms here all face the water and are stunning and beautiful. Housekeeping is spot on. A lovely place to sleep or to sit on your balcony and enjoy the view.

We cannot over recommend this resort. Small, exclusive and overflowing with hospitality.

Room Tip: Any room above ground level has a plunge pool and a wonderful view...the higher the room, the higher...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Thank you for sending us such wonderful feedback through Trip Advisor. I am delighted to receive such glowing reviews from such distinguished Esperanza fans!

It is always wonderful to hear that we are improving our guest experience and service quality. I have shared your comments with our staff who all know you very well!

We look forward to seeing you again soon at “your home away from home”.

Warm Regards,

Marc Rodriguez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

April 26-30, 2012 This was our 3rd visit to Esperanza. We originally planned to get married here 2.5 yrs ago, but decided it was not the right fit for our 10 grandchildren! But it is still one of our favorite places. We travel to lots of beaches. Esperanza is unique because of its incredible location on this beautiful beach with the crashing surf on the massive rock formations. It is a living sculpture--the view changes with every wave! We prefer the adults only side, which is honored most of the time. Except when families and kids cannot resist the lure of exploring the rocks and surf on the beach. The staff is wonderful. The food is exceptional. The ambience is laid-back elegance. We have stayed in several different rooms, of various sizes. All are beautifully designed and functional. We spent all our days camped on one of the fabulous cabana beds right on the beach. Gorgeous sunsets. Dancing to live music most nights in the bar overlooking the ocean around the fire pit. Too many bottles of Veuve! This place has a special desert wildness and magic, and we will return often. Our thanks to all the wonderful staff who made us feel like home.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us such wonderful comments via Trip Advisor! It is always a pleasure to have our repeat fans at Esperanza. I am delighted that our team was able to make your stay magical.

We look forward to having you back once again!

Marc
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My husband and I actually went here a few years back, however, the way trip advisor does dates I am not able to put the exact date. Anyway, this place is incredible, and true luxry at its best. We were in a room with an infinity edge hot tub on our terrace. The room was beautiful, the food was incredible and the people were spectacular. When we first arrived we thought everyone looked big, well one of the 49ers was getting married and had all their friends fly in for the wedding. All were very nice to us even though we are eagle fans. LOL While you lay at the pool Mexican women go by and massage your fee for a tip. Wow. We have tried to book again but it has been sky high prices since we returned.

Room Tip: Stay on upper floors with hot tub on deck.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HRHofPA
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback from your last trip to Esperanza. I appreciate your comments and will be sure to share with our staff. It is always nice to receive such great feedback from our Esperanza fans!

We have made many changes to enhance the Esperanza experience over the last few months and I am sure that you would love it if you have an opportunity to return in the future.

NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I can't even find the words to describe how much I loved my trip to Esperanza. My boyfriend and I traveled for his birthday and had an absolutely incredible time. Esperanza has thought of every detail to make your stay special. From being greeted with margaritas, to treating us with foot massages by the pool, and being spoiled daily with the most delicious smoothies, we truly felt like royalty. Fernando planned all the details of our trip and even put together a dinner for two on the beach for my boyfriend's birthday.
I could go on and on about how amazing Esperanza is....you will not be disappointed! We are already planning a return trip this Fall.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for sharing about your recent experience at Esperanza through Trip Advisor. I am thrilled to hear that you and your boyfriend had an incredible time and were able to enjoy a wonderful birthday visit.

I will be sure to share these amazing comments with Fernando, your Personal Concierge and the rest of the Esperanza team.

We look forward to having you and your boyfriend back in the Fall.

Edwards, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Esperanza has been one of the most amazing resorts I have been to in a long time. Upon arrival we were served a spectacular Welcome Drink, available in both with and without alcohol. Our check in was quick and efficient. The grounds/landscaping are beautiful and very well maintained. The casita that we had was very large and even had its own private hot tub on the patio, that over looked the water. I had arranged a Welcome Amenity as it was my husband’s birthday, which was brought promptly upon arriving to our room. The adult only pool is where I spent most of my time was just gorgeous and also over looked the water. They also had a private beach area too. The attendants at the pool were great, setting up the lounge chairs for you with fresh towels and bringing cold water without even asking. Every few hours they would also bring nice cold little refreshments, sometimes they were beverages and other times it was homemade ice pops. All were great, especially while in the warm sun. Most of all, the food at the main restaurant and lunch restaurant was superb. Delicious flavors and right portion size. Our server even had great recommendation on Mexican wine, which was surprisingly delicious. The spa was also great! I had the most amazing facial that I've ever had and also had a wonderful couples massage. Every staff member I encountered were not only nice but gave genuine service. It was refreshing not to have the “ it’s my pleasure” robot service. My only complaint is that I couldn’t stay longer! It’s been a while since I’ve been to a resort like this, and I will most definitely be coming back again and again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Thank you for sending us your feedback through Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled that you chose Esperanza for your husband’s birthday and that we were able to exceed your expectations on such a special occasion. Thank you for sharing such detailed comments about our service and staff. I will share with them as well.

We look forward to seeing you soon and hope you can stay longer on your next trip!

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was a wonderful place to relax and enjoy the excellent weather!! Good food, good drinks and a lot of fun!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to send us your feedback through Trip Advisor.
I am happy to hear that you were able to relax and enjoy sunny Esperanza!
We would love to have you and your friends back soon.

Vail
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I recently spent 4 amazing days at Esperanza. I was met at the airport by the hotel staff who took away all the headaches normally associated with arriving in Cabo. After a 30 minute drive to the the resort and being greeted by the warm and friendly staff with their delicious signature cilantro and cucumber margarita, while taking in the absolutely stunning views of the Sea of Cortez. I knew I was in for a special stay and was not disapointed.
The staff were absolutely outstanding throughout the resort. The pool staff were always there to change your towels and offer complimentary refreshments througout the day. The spa is outstanding and a definite must when visiting the resort. The food in the restaurants was world class. Tip: you must take the sommiliers recommendations and try some of the local Mexican wines which were excellent.

Definitely a place to add to your bucket list

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful reviews from your recent stay! I am thrilled that you found Esperanza to be the best hotel in Mexico.

I will be sure to share your fabulous comments with my team.