After two weeks at Cabo Villas this January, I'm happy to say that the things that make this resort so enjoyable are still true, and some things have been improved to make a stay here both relaxing and worthwhile.
For us, the people who work at Cabo Villas are its heart and soul. From the moment we walk in each year until the day we leave, they are warm, friendly and unfailingly hospitable. We stay at other resorts as well, some of them fancier, others more luxurious or better appointed. Where they cannot compete with Cabo Villas, however, is in their employees and the sense of being welcome and at home. The rooms are very comfortable and well-cared for, the pool lounge chairs are great, and all of this creates an atmosphere that encourages guests to linger and to relax.
Location is another factor and Cabo Villas is perfect in that regard. Everything in town is in walking distance and that wonderful stretch of Medano Beach is the best way to start or end a day. In the past, this prime location also meant dealing with the non-stop noise/music from the bars and party animals on the beach. Apparently, someone in management heard the complaints from previous years because the music at CV's own pool bar has been turned way down and the speakers on the beach no longer blast the resort. We arrived this year on Christmas Day and my first thought, because of the noticeable and welcome quiet, was that no one was on the beach. In fact, Medano was completely packed and, down there, the music was loud and raucous, but the resort? Not a peep from the beach. It was heavenly, and we spent every spare moment on our patio, enjoying the breeze and the peace.
Baja Brewing is still going strong on top of the CVR building, but live bands play just three nights a week now and only until 10:15-10:30, not the previous 11:00. Wednesday is karaoke night at the upper pool bar and I understand that noise can go on for quite awhile. My advice? Call the front desk if it's after hours or join in, if you can. It's a great time and you don't have to sing unless you want to, but it is a lot of fun. I went for the first time this year and will definitely make it a habit for my future Wednesday nights.
New Bayview-style buildings are, apparently, in-the-future works, with a new pool and other amenities planned. I don't know when construction will start, but it seems to be a sign that Cabo Villas is well and thriving. WiFi is free to owners, which is a huge deal, NOT available at all resorts, and worked well and consistently for the most part. C'mon, it's vacation, people, step away from your laptops.
While I would selfishly like to keep Cabo Villas to myself, I'm posting this review because I hope those who've stayed away might be encouraged to return, that newcomers will feel as welcome as we do. This isn't the perfect resort, I'm not even sure such a thing exists, and yes, there are a few rooms without views of any kind and if you're on the sixth floor below Baja Brewing on the nights the band plays, well, they will stop. But in terms of hospitality, location and comfort, Cabo Villas is the best place to be in Cabo San Lucas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is a luxury hotel situated on Medano Beach, the most popular stretch of sand in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo Villas is a family owned resort with 138 custom built suites and spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez and Land's End. Amenities include fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet in all areas, satellite TV, three pools, 10-person ocean view Jacuzzi, oceanfront beach club, four on-site restaurants and bars, a world-class spa and personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere. Located in the "Heart of Cabo", the resort is within easy walking distance to all major attractions including Medano Beach, the marina, Puerto Paraiso Mall, downtown and numerous restaurants and night clubs. With stunning views of the Sea of Cortez, Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for travelers who seek quality service while enjoying the best of the Cabo San Lucas lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cabo Villas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Villas Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Hotel Beach
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos