LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. :) So alot can happen in a few years, I realize this but location doesn't change. I just wanted to put my two cents in for what its worth on the lovely Hotel Finisterra even though this review is from my stay in 2007. Going to Cabo is always an adventure, but this hotel really made me feel at home, safe, comfortable.
First of all, the location was ideal for me and my fiance at the time. Enough away from the crazy party loudness, but close enough to head down the hill to the harbor if we wanted to join in on the party. Being perched up on the hilltop the view is worth every penny. You overlook the harbor, beach, ocean, even able to spot any whales migrating, we could even watch the dolphin show free of charge ;)
I remember arriving the first day from that crazy little airport Cabo has and getting out of the cab being offered a warm towel to clean off. The rooms were meh/okay. The grounds were gorgeous with their pools and swim up bars. We did the hike and climb(on our own) to snorkel over on Lover's beach- we even saw a lobster in the water. The water on the hotel side of the beach is usually rough and not good for swimming fyi.
The most annoying element was you could almost not get away from the TimeShare people at that point. Which was for their adjoining property- hopefully by now, its all sold up and they won't hassle you. Its not worth the time they waste even with free breakfast and the sunset booze cruise passes.
If you like to Party hard, there are definitely better located places by all the bars/clubs/restaurants. If you want some peace and perfect quiet, probably you should try looking in the San Jose del Cabo area at one of the bigger easy going resorts. If you want a fun, beautiful, easy going and close to everything hotel this is your winner :)
The next time I go to Cabo San Lucas, this is where I will be staying again :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas