See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This little Hotel is a great value, ideally located in downtown, everything is within walking distance (Cab Wabo, Squid Roe, Pto Paraiso, Marina, the beaches even lovers beach), great authentic mexican food around (tacos just around the corner awesome), they keep the hotel very clean, pretty decent wi fi fast enough to surf, check email. The service was perfect, Ricardo and sister are always there with a smile, the housekeeping staff is courteous. I did not have any problem whatsoever during my stayed (Sunday to Friday) everything on the place I left it, nothing missing at all. Rooms with A/C, cable TV, wi fi, hot/cold water always running, amenities pretty basic but enough for what you pay, it is by far the best value you will find ever and regardless the size of the hotel, service was spectacular, highly recommend this place if you are on a budget, looking for the best value & great location.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank luigifg
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We recently stayed there for two weeks. The owners are very welcoming and friendly. As long as they own this hotel, I would not stay anywhere else In Cabo. It was clean, safe, and central to everything. Contrary to the description provided under some of the hotel booking sites, each room has its own bathroom - no shared bathrooms. There are TVs in every room and at least two channels that have movies and TV shows in English with Spanish subtitles. The WiFi is fast, so I was able to keep in touch with family back home. The rooms are basic, which suited us just fine. We didn't go to Cabo San Lucas to stay in our room.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maurena789
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here for two nights with our dog, who instantly charmed the wonderful staff. It's a small place with a semi-enclosed courtyard, which was nice for our pup to play in. The hotel was a good price and on a quieter street, but within walking distance of all the downtown area. There's also a cool park closeby where people play basketball at night.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank steph3280
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is a little motel, not fancy but surely sufficient, really close to downtown Cabo-3 blocks, and is all I needed to have a good nights sleep in very decent, inexpensive, and cool comfort. It was simple, friendly, and convenient, and I was treated like family here by the small staff and management. Clean, cool, and comfortable. Parking was also great.....right in front of check-in. Thanks to Grizelle, Ruben, Rolando, and Rosselina!!!! You are awesome and good people! I will be coming back soon to Cabo, and will surely reserve here again. Thanks so much again!!!

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Have stayed at hotel melida now for several days while looking for an apartment in cabo. The staff is simply fantastic. Availible 24-7, They are kind, helpful and sincerely supportive of guest needs. The property has undergone drastic improvements in cleanliness, amenities and service. Laundry service is availible which we take full advantage of at 2 dollars a kilo! Amazing price! Also they have a fridge for cold storage as well as a selection of well priced beverages and snacks. The rooms have new TVs with full cable (70 plus) channels. The ac unit in our room works amazingly. Wifi is rediculously fast and they even allowed me to play their ps3! The location is perfect. In the heart San lucas. The area is very safe and just a 3-5 min walk to restaurants, bars and the marina. It's a nice 7-10 minute walk to medano beach. All the amenities aside, it is the friendly and helpful staff that sets melida far above any non resort hotel I have stayed at in Los cabos. I highly recommend Hotel Melida for anyone who wants to avoid the resort tourist trap scene. Like I said in a previous review; its great to support the local business community and not waste money, dumping it into the corporate conglomerations aka "resorts"

Date of stay: July 2012