All reviewsbudget hotelgreat hotelcity bustropical stormmin walkmarinainternetcabofiacwalmartshuttle
Reviewed February 3, 2018

The hotel was a surprise to me. The courtyard was beautiful and enclosed on 4 sides so we felt safe. The rooms seemed a little small to me after being in a bigger resort the week before, but they were adequate and clean. The mattresses were much more comfortable than the week before, too. Staff was always present that spoke good English. Excellent Wi-Fi and we were able to live-stream our home church service on the internet. Breakfast was good although the rolls were a bit dry. Try the bakery across the street, yum! You can also buy a big breakfast for $3. We ordered it for lunch at 10:50 as it closes at 11:00. Also try the Italian Job restaurant about 2 blocks east had wonderful pizza and home made pasta, and a piano prodigy from Russia. What a surprise. Mac Donalds is about 5 blocks away and great food. We found that McD in Europe and MX are better than the US for some reason.

Great laundry a few feet south did our two huge loads for $5.50 (hotels' price is much higher.) Ask for a room on east side, not west along busy street. I loved the first floor as it was steps to a table and chairs. There is no table in the room. 3 blocks to the Marina, two to the big Mall.

We took a city bus to WalMart, only it took us to WalMart in SanJose, a 1 hour trip, but it was a beautiful trip past all the resorts and flowers and ocean views. I'd have paid $20 for that trip, but it was $1. Rode a cab back, though.

I would stay there again. It cost 1/4 what the all-inclusive we stayed at after that.

Room Tip: East side away from street side. I preferred the first floor as I had a bad knee. No elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

I called this hotel to assure they were fine after tropical storm, an super horrible weather, Diana answered, she was so helpful with taxis and getting us our own private boat for 25 people. Dinner was amazing the atmosphere. Thank you Diana. The hotel was super clean and very chill. Walking distance to bars good 10 min walk. Staff was so accommodating to our large group. We spent a lot of time in the pool area, AC n the room was awesome. They include very small breakfast but the have a menu that is super inexpensive and delicious chilaquilles were great. For me only negative is hard beds, rock hard. Again Diana was awesome!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2017

I was staying there during the recent tropical storm lidia and despite the awful storm and weather the hotel was incredible in their efforts to make our stay the best they could. We lost power but were provided with coffee, fruit, and croissants and then a hot breakfast of scrambled eggs and beans all at no cost. I was booked for two nights but needed a place for another night and due to the storm I was given the third night for free. They went out of their way to make us comfortable and cared about us which was really nice. I highly recommend staying there as it is only a 5 minute from the main street and marina.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank matthew m
Reviewed May 17, 2017

This hotel is in a great location. Close to everything!!! Although nothing fancy, rooms were kept clean, beds were very comfortable and the staff were friendly, helpful and so nice. The pool was clean and well kept. You can sit outside and enjoy the day or evening with your own beverages. For the price this was a great deal. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Street side has a little more traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2017 via mobile

Amazing place to stay! We usually stay for three weeks at a time. It's close to everything and a short walk to the marina and mall. There are nice places obviously but this place is a gem. The staff is amazing and always go above and beyond!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family