“All-over comfort”

Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The PBP is a great place to relax. DEFINITELY not your 'Spring Break' resort...no loud, obnoxious party-goers. There were activities to be had throughout the day (and for those of you looking for a nice FREE workout, it's 1.5miles UPHILL to the top of the drive!)
The staff was EXTREMELY friendly...except for the hounding of the timeshare personnel....uggh, relentless! Notcho, Karim, Luis, and Sammy....all AMAZINGLY friendly staff. These guys treated us like family!

Room Tip: DEFINITELY spend the extra $ to upgrade to a room in the upper floors! The views are INSANE!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 April 2012

After months of research (using trip advisor of course) I decided that I wanted to spend my 40th birthday at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica! I'm so glad I made this choice because the resort is immaculate! The staff is SUPER friendly and helpful (except for the time share girls...but they're easy to blow off)! I loved all of the guys at the door....especially Notcho and Karim. Those guys are like family now and they even taught me some spanish! Anytime we saw them around the resort they called us by name and ALWAYS asked if we needed anything!
Even though the ocean is not swim safe, it was so NICE to hear it laying in bed! We had a sunset facing room which was awesome for chilling out in the afternoon and checking things out down below.
The only downfall about Pacifica is the restaurant selection! Siempre is pretty good, but the menu items NEVER change! Fortunately we were not all inclusive and ate at some pretty swank places in town! Bar Esquina was so AWESOME that we went for lunch and dinner on the same day...of course it was our last day!!! Can't wait to go back tho!!!
We will definitely be back to visit our friends at Pacifica!

Room Tip: Sunset room for sure...4th floor!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank a4nell
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The Pueblo Bonito Resorts have a few large properties in Cabo and they are all near this resort and can be reached easily by a shuttle. This hotel, the Pacifica is the smaller and newest resort for Pueblo Bonito and no kids allowed. My husband and I enjoy a more intimate resort stay instead of over crowded pools and cruise ships. This was great! The pool was never too crowded and the food and staff were great. We really enjoyed our trip and would recommend Cabo to a touist who wants to get away but not too far away. Even though it's Mexico it is very Americanized.

Room Tip: Anything on the 1st two floors it could be hard to see the ocean even though the hotel is right on t...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JLoveMosca
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights for a weekend getaway. I have stayed at many all-inclusive resorts before, but I must say this one tops the lot! The food was excellent and they had a great selection. Our room was modern and had a great view of the ocean. We loved how it was just a short stroll from our room to the beach. The staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an ocean view room! It is worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My wife and I along with two other friends stayed at PBP April 16-23, 2012. We are all in late 30's to early 40's and have traveled several times to other "all-inclusives" in both MX and the gulf.

The resort itselft was very beautiful and very well kept. Our room was nothing special but the housekeeping service was excellent. We had a ground level floor so our ocena view was limited but all rooms do face the ocean.

The pool staff was superb, drinks and food was just a simple request away. We tried almost every drink on the menu and each of the pool side foods. The nachos and fish tacos were excellent. Of course everything tastes better after several rounds of drinks!!!

Miguel and Adrianna were exceptional at providing pool side entertainment and rounding up the needed people for beach volleyball, sometimes difficult to do at a smaller resort.

The food was a little hit or miss at Siempre depending on what was ordered. Our first night myself and another person ordered the steak and we both left most of it on our plate. Other poeple in our group really liked their salmon ravioli and seared tuna. So like I said it was a little hit or miss. We tried the Sushi and loved it. Room service was very standard but after a long day in Cabo shopping and getting back to the resort late it was great just to relax in the room.

Its no longer included in the "All-Inclusisve" package but La Freida was amazing. Between the four of us that ate everything from salads to deserts we all agreed it was one of the best meals we had ever eaten. The service was over the top and the view of the Pacific Ocean could not be better. If we went back to any of the Pueblo Bonito resorts we would definitely make La Freida one of our stops.

One thing that did catch us off guard were the mosquitos at PBP resort. We asked several staff members if this was normal and they said the mosquitos were not normally this bad. I would recommend some repellant because they were at dinner, in our room, and near the beach at night.

We also found out the resort does not take Discover cards, FYI. The timeshare pressure was not that bad but we were very clear from the first moment. From other posts it seemed PBP was quite a way from town but a 10-min ride at $3 per person was simple.

Overall the resort was very good and made our week there great. I have been to better but they were considerably more $$$. The price and the convient flight there would make PBP a consideration for future vacations.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank LuckyLaRue3715
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I loved my stay here. I was travelling on my own after a work trip through Europe for 7 weeks and this was my reward to myself. Somewhere that no one knows (or cares) who you are as everyone is treated the same - which is exceptional.

The rooms are massive and so stunning. The bathrooms are devine - you could easily stay in your room and be perfectly happy. The resort is amazing - and being adults only and all inclusive was a massive bonus.

They offered a shuttle to their sister properties where you could also dine on your all inclusive package and also shuttles into Cabo. However I chose just to releax around the pool enjoying the margarittas's (which are also included).

Staff were very attentive esp as I was traveling on my own to a couples resort, they always made me feel included and went out of there way to assist. I would have loved to have bought some of them back to Fiji with me.

You can't swim at the beach as it is too rough however there were plenty of signs advising this and there was security on the beach at all times, It was great that they highlighted this at the time I booked - working in a beach resort myself this wasn't an issue and I went there knowing what I could and couldn't do and I have one of the best holidays. Guests tend to interact a lot during the day.

Room service was also great - after 7 weeks doing shows and functions it was sometimes nice just to hide out and not have to talk to anyone.

A sensational resort with amazing staff. I hope to return again sometime - this time not on my own.

if you are even considering this resort- do it, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank KarynB
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I traveled to Pueblo Bonito Pacifica in July with my family, and it one of the best resorts I have had the pleasure of visiting. The resort is immaculate, the food is to die for, the staff is friendly and accommodating. We are still raving about the chocolate croissants, chocolate fettucini, grilled vegetable salad, etc. The scenery is tranquil and is the perfect relaxing vacation. The smell when you walk in, is incredible. It is unique how they great you with hibiscus water, which was very refreshing.

The only down side was there was only one restaurant on the property, although we ate there almost every night, and the variety is vast, it would have been nice to have another 2 on the property. We had the all inclusive package, so we were able to go to the other resorts, but their ambiance does not match the ambiance and serenity of Pueblo Bonito Pacifica.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have ocean view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family