Hotel Quinta Del Sol
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Seven Crown Hotels(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Free Internet
Medano Hotel and Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Pueblo Bonito Rose(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Club Cascadas de Baja(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Scoop the hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsbudget pricerooms are quietclean poolmedano beachnice place to staysmall kitchenshort walk to the beachsmall hotelmega resortson site restaurantsolmar resortmexican disheswould stay here againdining tablenice roombreakfast buffetno hot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2011

This is no resort but a great budget hotel located 10min walk from downtown cabo. The free breakfast was awesome. They have cereal, fruit, yogurt, granola, waffles, toast... The pool is clean. Friendly staff. If u're a light sleeper, ask for bedroom on 2nd floor cus the cars are parked right in front of ur room, on the 1st floor. They only have two double bed rooms, no king or queen. It's got a tiny kitchenette with a fridge, stove, utensils etc. I would recommend this hotel, if u're a budget traveller like me. It is really clean and comfortable for the price u pay.

• Stayed: November 2011
6  Thank Zomtash
Angel B, General Manager at Hotel Quinta Del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you at Quinta del Sol, we value your patronage.
We look forward to your next stay with us!

Regards,
The Management

Reviewed 14 September 2011

One of the few inexpensive options in Cabo San Lucas, 10 minutes walk from the beach and like 20 minutes walk into the center of Cabo San Lucas. The rooms are good standard and excellent value for the money, the breakfast is ok but not very special. When we stayed at the hotel in August 2011 the new breakfast room was still under construction and the old one is extremly small and the lady who serves breakfast has difficulties to serve all needs. The pool is small but seems to be clean and offers some refreshment in the boiling heat. The little shop offers cool drinks and snacks but is a bit shabby. One of the few minus points is the bad smell in the hotel that seems to come from a water treatment facility just behind.

Los Cabos is the heaven for time share sales, so you can hardly escape them. Due to their clever sales strategy it will be had to resist their offers. But if you are clever and escape the temptation you may get some free nights in a 5* hotel, a good breakfast or some extra perks such as a free boat trip or entrance into a resort. Beware they know every psychological trick to make you buy.

Los cabos is an extremly weather secure place, even during mexican "Hurrican season", restaurants are rather expensive - avoid the places around the Marina if you want to save money. We found good value food at the "Crazy Lobster" near town square.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dominik w
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The room was comfortable , the bathroom was clean and functional , everything was in working condition and the staff was excellent. There was a fridge in the room and , overall, it was very quiet for a resort town that is notorious for partying. The location just could not be better. It is walking distance to Cabo San Lucas downtown and just far enough out of downtown to maintain its independence from bars, street life , gentlemen's clubs and the like. There are restaurant options very close by , as well as little convenient stores and a Movistar outlet for those with cell phones utilizing Movistar ( recommended cell carrier ) .
There was breakfast on the house and a security gate. I cannot think of a single reason not to recommend this hotel , particularly due to its outstanding price to value ratio. You could easily spend twice or more in Cabo for a comparable hotel. I would stay here again and feel good about it. Very Highly Recommended Choice for a Budget Hotel in Cabo !!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
4  Thank travelingwilbury2008
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This is a GREAT Budget hotel. I am ranking the Hotel Quinta del Sol the highest for its class as it is an outstanding value, a great little BUDGET hotel, and please note that it is not a fancy resort. It was perfect for my husband and I, who were on a tight budget. We stayed there Christmas week 2010. We purchased a package deal which came out to the hotel being about $79 per night, which is a FANTASTIC deal for Cabo San Lucas.

The hotel rooms are kept very clean, each room has two beds (there are no rooms with King size beds), T.V., free wireless internet, kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, small two-burner stovetop, sink, small table with 2 chairs to eat at. Request the dishes & cookware when you check in and they will bring them up to you. The staff -- very nice, friendly and helped us with every request we had – we were very, very appreciative of how good they were to us. We had absolutely no trouble in this hotel with any time-share salespeople. There is a guard at the entrance to the parking lot with a gate, so this hotel is kept very safe and secure.

It was pretty quiet here and we had no problems sleeping comfortably. The location was great for us – about 15 minute walk to Medano Beach, where all the action is. Walking downtown is a little longer, but also very do-able if you are able to walk 1 - 2 miles comfortably. This was a wonderful, active vacation for us as we walked about 2 miles or more a day. I was not dieting at all on my vacation and I lost about 6 pounds – an added bonus! If you are disabled, have serious foot or hip problems, etc. this might not be the best location for you – but my husband and I had no problem and, as I have a desk job, I was ecstatic to be able to get up and really move around every day.

Another bonus – my parents have a time share at Club Cascadas and that is almost a straight-shot, crossing the big boulevard and then walking straight toward the beach, so we were able to easily meet them every day at their place and then spend the day on Medano Beach.

There is a complimentary continental breakfast at this hotel. That, plus having the functional kitchenette SAVED US $$$$ big time, as we bought groceries at the Wal-Mart and made almost all of our own meals. (Note:many of the restaurants in the town of Cabo San Lucas are very overpriced and the food quality is not on par with the price of the meal).

If you want to go downtown, you can walk in about 20 minutes, or take a taxi. We walked every time except when we went to the clubs at night and I wore high heels, so we took cabs on that night – it was about $7 for a short cab ride.

VERY SECURE in-room safe. Meaning, the front desk doesn’t even have copies of the key to your safe. I highly recommend that you DO NOT lose your safe key! I lost mine in the sand at the beach, we searched and could not find it. This is how I found out that guests really DO get their own, and only key to the in-room safe. The maintenance guy had to literally knock the safe off of the wall with a sledgehammer, get a brand-new safe, install the new safe with a new lock, and get me a new key. This took about 4 hours. That’s why I say don’t lose your safe key under any circumstances. We did have to pay about $80 for the replacement of the key, which I didn’t get too upset about it considering that they did warn us not to lose the key when we checked in, and they tell you up front how much it will cost if you lose it. I also realized that $80 really isn’t that much considering they had to put in an entirely new safe, lock, and key.

We really did have a FABULOUS vacation on a budget, so I would highly recommend this hotel for the budget traveler, or those who are not coming to Cabo San Lucas to be pampered and sit around in a lounge chair with a cabana boy bringing drinks to them. We will definitely stay here again!

Tips:
Ask for a room on the second floor as the parking lot has spaces in front of some of the first-floor rooms (if you don’t want to risk being woken up by headlights).
The bull fighting arena no longer exists, so don’t let older comments about this scare you. Spring Break and High School/College Graduation weeks probably would be very noisy times to stay here, but other times of the year should be nice and relatively quiet.
Bring your good walking shoes.
If you are expecting luxury, stay at one of the big resorts.

Room Tip: Request a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BadKittyTraveler
Reviewed 19 June 2011

It is very clean, comfortable, safe, friendly, and at a good price. We had a rental car for making day trips and this was the perfect location. Plus free parking inside a security gate.

• Stayed: January 2011