“Great Location, Beautiful Property, 5 Star Concierge Service (Leticia)”

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Villa del Arco has a great location and the property is beautiful. The restaurants among the 3 properties at this location are really good, especially "El Patron". The Italian place was mediocre at best (because of it's service), but everything else was excellent.

The staple of this property is the Concierge Leticia. She is friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, and accommodating. You immediately sense her true care to help you. She would go out of her way to make sure my stay was going as planned or better. She would recommend places to go to and stay away from, recommend the best places for your money, and so on. Not only for me, but everyone that would walk past her desk (All while training someone else). It was a real pleasure working with her. Erika the other concierge there is also awesome.

The only drawback to this Resort is that it is always full. For a resort, not necessarily the worst problem to have. I will be back soon.

Room Tip: Book with plenty of time, as the resort gets booked quickly.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
guestservicevda, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Paul M,

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Arco Beach Resort and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Leticia and Erika. We are proud to have them and making sure they provide the best service.

On behalf of our Villa del Arco Beach Resort team, we look forward to your next visit!

Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,824)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Multiple

We (2 adults, 2 kids ages 9 & 5) arrived in Cabo at Villa del Arco on Sunday 12/10/17 at 1:00. It was about a 45 minute drive from the airport. Our room wasn't ready which was frustrating as we had to wait until 4:00 for a room, ESPECIALLY since our 9-year old was sick and simply wanted to lay down to rest.
So we carried our smaller bags around and left the large ones with the front desk. We walked around and hung out for 3 hours and finally got to our room. We unloaded, went to eat and came back to wind down and rest. We got back around 6:30 and relaxed while we were so exhausted from travel and fell asleep very early at 8:00. We woke up at 8:30 pm to the local disco blaring music across the bay. Eh, well it is the wrapping up of the weekend so no problem. But the music was blaring until 10:30 and it finally stopped. I was elated that my daughter could finally fall asleep.
About 2 minutes later across the bay Mexican music complete with blaring horns started and went on and on. It wasn't the disco, rather an automobile parked out in the town near the bay.
called the front desk and requested a new room for the rest of our trip (4more nights).

By 12:00 midnight the music was still going strong. With all the doors (patio and front closed and windows shut) it was still overwhelming. I called the front desk and they sent someone up.
I was annoyed but I knew that they couldn't fix it so I just wanted it noted so we didn't have to deal with it anymore. We were all just so exhausted we simply wanted it to stop. The security guy came by but, as I expected, could do nothing about it. At 3:31 am on Monday morning it stopped! All four of us fell asleep immediately until...4:42 when Group of about 8 roosters in the same area as the car that just stopped the blaring radio hour earlier started "cock-a-doodle-doo" calls for the 4 next hours. While this sounds comical, my wife and I were t laughing. At 6:00 am with about 2 hours of sleep in 24 hours we decided to just leave the room.
Obviously we were too early for breakfast so we had to wait. The kids were dizzy with fatigue. When I went to ask about our new room being ready they told me I would be in a "wait-list". Apparently I was #4 in line for a room change. I was dumbfounded. There was no way we was staying in that room. I worked at a Chicago area Hyatt hotel for years at the front desk so I spoke calmly as I knew yelling and getting upset wouldn't help. I told them I needed a new room and they told me to speak to the manager at 9:00. Great!
We got back after breakfast around 8:15 am and the roosters were going nuts. It was a reminder that we were just starting and it had been a mess.
I was tired so my wife waited for the manager at 9:00 at the front desk. She waited for 30 minutes and at 9:30 they told her he was in a meeting and asked her to wait by the pool.
This whole time the front desk knew that we had a sick kid, knew we were on no sleep and knew we needed help, yet the management didn't seem to care.
A front desk agent got us transferred to a different room but we had to pack everything up and leave our room by 12:00. So, we packed up and waited...again. It's important to note, by this time our daughter had a 103.1 temperature and simply needed a bed. I went back at 1:30 to see if the room was ready early (they told us 2:00). It wasn't, so we waited some more with our increasingly ill daughter.
Finally, it was 2:00 and I stayed by the pool under an umbrella with the kids while my wife got the keys.
I comforted my sick daughter telling her we finally had her bed.
It took 10 minutes for my wife to return but when I say her face I knew there was another issue. The 2:00 room was now pushed to 3:30!!!
My wife told the front desk, "I don't care if it's dirty, I'll clean it, my daughter just needs a bed!" I was getting very upset and my wife was on the verge of tears and my daughter was passing out from exhaustion. We started making our voices heard by asking for the hotel Manager. The front desk concierge helped a little by finding us a doctor to examine our daughter. But we didn't have a damn room for her to do an exam. It was ineptitude on a level I had never seen before. No managers came to help or even talk.
We got a different room at almost 3:00. It was ridiculous but now we had a bed away from calling roosters and disco music.
Finally the doctor examined our daughter ($120 price didn't matter at this point) and we got her prescriptions at a store via a trolley between shared hotels. The doctor was wonderful and over the next few days the prescriptions did their job. By Tuesday evening we were able to sleep and the only mid-morning waking up we did was via alarm to administer medicine to our daughter.
The in-room jacuzzi didn't work in either room and we had to call maintenance to turn it off as it had a constant drop that wouldn't stop. Also, we ordered an extra blanket that came with a prior customers fake eyelash and that felt a bit gross.
The rest of the trip was fine but not special. There was a cab to town $10 each way for the 4 of us. On the beach and in the town you are mercilessly asked to buy everything from cigars to bracelets. Also you are asked by what seems like a never ending stream of people to go on their boat, use their jet ski or get a massage. After saying "Gracias, no" a few dozen times this becomes annoying. However, once you say "No" in a nice manner the same person you are declining tells you to have a good day and moves on. It's just that there are so many people asking you to buy or rent something must repeat it over and over.
Easily the best time we had was at Plaza del Palmar for their dinner and show. We saw The Lion King and the kids absolutely loved it. We also saw Mamma Mia which was enjoyable too. These were at 7:30-9:00 and was a great way to end the day for us.
I must mention a few people who went out of their way to make our experience pleasurable. They were servers Jose Carlos at Villa de Palmar, Felix, Yusuf & Flavio at El Patron in Villa del Arco and the towel hostess Adriana at Villa del Arco. The servers were outgoing for our daughter who has food allergies (eh and dairy). That was a big plus for us. I found it annoying that with an "All-Inclusive" getaway you couldn't even get a soda without being forced to leave a tip. Every time you get ANY drink or food you are presented with a paper which has "tip" on the first line. I don't mind tipping but if you don't go to dinner and order room service instead, there is a $2 "service fee" in addition to a tip. It really feels like they are squeezing you.
I wouldn't go back because the ineptitude and complete lack of empathy from the management. Of course, it's hard for the management to be empathetic when they never bother to help you in the first place.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the disco side (Ex 2506)
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank axl2735
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic accommodations and very attentive staff. Couldn’t have asked for more. Great location with great views. Resort prices are pretty high but it’s an easy walk down the beach for great reasonable food and massages and all the water sports you could ask for. You can also stock up at Walmart and eat in your lively room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Larry E,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests' satisfaction possible.

It will be an honor for Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at Villa Del Arco in Cabo San Lucas for two weeks. Our experiences with the staff were amazing as always. They are always there to help you in any way they can to make your visit the best that it can be. Let me start by saying the bellmen are AWESOME, especially Paul Hernandez who goes out of his way to assist in every way possible. Mariano and Gaby (might be spelling wrong) are also very helpful. The pool, lunch and beach services are right on it. Eduardo, Freddy and Juan took care of us and all did a fantastic job. Very friendly and always remembered you by name and what your drink preferences were. The grounds are always spotless, there is always security around, the food, especially at El Patron (with the amazing server Eddy), was outstanding. It is a quiet resort at night, but their sister resort Villa Del Palmar (only a 2 minute shuttle away) has live entertainment every evening and an amazing buffet. We saw the Lion King and Michael Jackson shows and I personally LOVED the Michael Jackson performance. The rooms are beautiful, the housekeeping employees are amazing, ours was Madeline, and everything is always clean.... Each morning while enjoying coffee I watch the grounds people cleaning around the pool area, etc and am amazed at their work ethic - always friendly ..... The sweet little gal (sorry but don't recall her name) that hands out the towels is very friendly and made it a point to come to my room and tell me goodbye on our last day. Everyone says "See you next year"?

We have been going to that resort and are members, for 12 years - never disappointed. The best time of year to go for us is November/December or early spring. We have found that when we go in September/October it is just too hot. This trip the weather was perfect.

All in all it was a wonderful experience and always is.

Room Tip: I prefer ground floor, but we have stayed in upper rooms and they have amazing views. Haven't h...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
guestservicevda, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Dear Sdeeb1950,

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with our bellboy team; Paul, Mariano, Gabriel. Our waiters at the pool Eduardo, Freddy, Juan and Eddy at Patron restaurant.
Our Housekeeper Madeline is wonderful and we are very happy to have all our staff mentioned

Reviewed 7 December 2017

We stayed at Villa del Arco for a week. Nice pools, everything was clean. They have a family pool and an adult pool which is nice if you just want to relax. The staff were great, super helpful and friendly. The concierges Leticia and Erica at Villa del Arco as well as Sebastian at Villa Estancia were awesome, they made our stay fun and gave us great advice on where to go and what to do in Cabo. Ask for them, they know the best places to go. Most of the restaurants at the hotel were good, didn't really like the Italian restaurant. Overall, had a wonderful time, going back very soon.

Room Tip: There's really two hotels on the property, Villa Del Arco is more quiet, Villa del Palmar has yo...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DM0803

Dear DM0803,

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Leticia and Erika and Also Sebastian. We are very proud to have them with Villa Group.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We just arrived and I already feel a little disappointed.
1. We were given $600 US in resort credits as part of our package. I thought they might be used in the restaurants or at the store, but they are for other things that will end up costing you more like an $80 toward a room upgrade or $10 off when you purchase 4 bottles of wine.
2. The hotel feels really empty, with few people walking around and the room we were given has very little view. No ocean view but a slight view of the pool.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
guestservicevda, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear MiikeJ,

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.
I am very sorry that your recent visit didn't go as expected.
That is correct we are about 90% occupancy and we have rooms with ocean view or pool view for upgrade with extra charge.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Second visit to Villa del Arco and it didn't disappoint. We were a group of 10 and stayed in two rooms with both A and B. We had Adriel as our check in agent. He worked with us in making sure we were placed close together. Can't thank Jose Luis enough for walking us around from room to room also making sure we were all happy. Jose and Paul (both bellmen) were also great contacts in helping make some dinner choices in town. Both kind, helpful and very friendly. Miss our laughs guys. Shout out to Ady, one of the concierges, she was very helpful and informative when we needed her guidance. The resort is kept beautiful, lots of hard working staff making sure it stays that way.
We really enjoyed the breakfast at El Patron whether we had the buffet or ordered from the menu. Rogelio was our server most days. Hard working guy took great care of us during our stay. My favorite lunch is the burger at the Taco Bar at del Arco. We also enjoyed pool side service from the El Bucanero and our awesome server Eduardo. He took great care of us the entire week. Always making sure we had drinks and food when we needed/wanted it :) He gets my favorite staff member vote for our entire trip! The Taco Bar turns into a steak restaurant at night The South American Grill. This restaurant was our favorite dinner place of the trip. We ate at Neptune, Bella California and the Sports Bar. The food, service and management at South American Grill were awesome. Being a party of 10 kinda messed some restaurant kitchens up but not here. We even had a server that was in training, Jonathan, he did a great job. We had a lot fun with him! We truly can't wait to go back and enjoy the awesome hospitality of the staff at the Villa del Arco and Cabo. Great trip!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
guestservicevda, General Manager at Villa del Arco Beach Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear SD13MD,

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind words which I will personally share with Adriel our check in agent, Jose Luis and Paul the bellmen, Ady the concierge, Rogelio and Eduardo our waiters and Jonathan the trainer about your comments and great service provided by them.