I stayed here the first week of January with my husband and two sons the first week of January 2012 - we booked 2 junior suites all- inclusive and were given connecting rooms in an excellent location overlooking the sea of Cortez. I have to say, for the price we paid, it was an incredible value and exceeded our expectations. The view from our rooms was wonderful, we could even see cruise ships in port in Cabo.
I loved the grounds, the location on the cliffs (I knew there was no beach, did my homework), in fact, I really enjoyed the setting on the rocks rather than a beach - it was spectacular. I fell asleep on one of the bali beds listening to crashing waves - fantastic! Yes it's a long walk to the lobby, but we never took the carts, we like the exercise. The pools were lovely, swim-up bar was fun, lunches were tasty. Breakfast wasn't the greatest unless you got the made to order omelets, which were very good. The view from Maria's restaurant makes up for any shortcomings with the other selections in the buffet.
Dinner was pretty good if you knew what to order. The tortilla soup was EXCELLENT. Chicken mole was delicious as was any of the grilled fish and vegetables. I think it might get old having only one (two if you count the formal side) restaurants, but we were only there 3 nights.
I loved the traditional Mexican charm and decor of the rooms. The entire resort was very pretty. The location was perfect too - close to downtown Cabo but not in Cabo, which is a plus for me.
The only downside is that the service was not always the friendliest, but all-in-all, it's a wonderful resort for the money and you can't beat the all-inclusive plan, especially with a family. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hacienda Encantada to anyone, and it's head and shoulders above other all-inclusives hotels in the same price range.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique and breathtakingly beautiful, this spectacular Contemporary Hacienda style Luxury All Inclusive resort located on the Tourist Corridor in Cabo San Lucas offers magnificent panoramic views to the Sea of Cortes, romantic settings, distinctive dining, spacious and luxurious accommodations, and a variety of venues for special events. Your will be amazed of the bright, terracotta colored, Mexican Hacienda style buildings that are beautifully decorated with handmade Talavera tile murals, vases, classical sculptures, Spanish colonial fountains, contemporary art for contrast, and upscale traditional Mexican furnishing, driving them to experience an authentic Mexican ambiance throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Encantada Resort And Spa
- Hacienda Encantada Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos