“Trip to Cabo”

Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
Ranked #20 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Beautiful location. You will be approached for a timeshare sales pitch. Be prepared! Overall, nice resort off the beaten path, however, you will pay $20 one way for a taxi ride into town. This is my biggest issue staying at this resort. They don't have complimentary shuttles to town so you will pay easily $150-$200 in cab fares from this location depending on the number of trips you make into town.

For those who like to exercise/walk on the beach for distance- stay elsewhere. There is no beach at this location! You will be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask to be placed in "phase one". Best rooms at the resort.
1  Thank MissERM
Write a ReviewReviews (3,239)

Reviewed 23 April 2012

We went to this resort as guests of members there and were overwhelmed by how wonderful it is. THe staff cannot do enough for you, the food is a very high standard, the buildings are spotless and beautiful in an amazing hill-top setting overlooking the ocean. We would go back there every year if we could! Thoroughly recommend it to anyone. The Suites are huge with all amenities you could expect and there are pools on each level with bars and restaurants on site as well as affiliated ones in the main marina about 10 minutes shuttle ride away.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

We just arrived home from staying at this "resort", and I am covered in red bites from bed bugs. My legs, arms and face have hundreds of bites. My face has a large rash with bites across the entire left side and forehead. It started out with just a few bites, and since I have never been bitten by these parasites before, did not know what it was, but by the third day, my legs and ankles were covered in bites. By the fourth day, my face was also covered in bites, and I looked like a horror creature. Even the staff asked what happended to my face.

Our traveling companions were also showing signs of bites, but I had it the worst. We complained to management and were moved to a different room (better views.) They paid the $120 pesos for my medicine cream and gave us a $50 meal voucher. Since the food at the resort was terrible, not such a great offer.

The next day, after moving us to another room, our traveling companions overheard some people who were just checking in that they were checking into the SAME ROOM that we were just checked out of due to bed bugs. Since they were there for a wedding party, and only for a 2-3 days, guess the resort figured they would be long gone before the symptoms arrived.

I have traveled all over the world and have never experienced bed bugs before, and was shocked that this resort is hiding the problem. Other people staying in different rooms also mentioned these mystery bites on their bodies. Even though they moved us to another room, the bites just kept on coming. Am glad to be out of the place and will never go back again.

This was a timeshare exchange. Be warned. Do not stay here, and definitely do not buy here!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Debbie E
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I bought a 1 week package 3 years ago. I had reservations to travel in March 20, 2012, flights, time off work, everything. Without my written or verbal permission they cancelled my reservation because they admittedly overbooked. I made my reservation January 19, 2012, they were very anxious to pin point a date since they were hardly booked. Alex Barrigan sent me an email they solicited a company from Fla that resulted in them overbooking and Alex Barrigan cancelled my reservation March 12, 2012 saying maybe I could travel there another time, maybe in April, however, the contract expires soon. I have been told by Lenin Melendrez, manager, since they could not accomodate my reservation, it was their mistake for cancelling my reservation, that I was entitled to a full refund, I would be fully refunded but that has not happened. He did pay for my last day of stay at the Sheraton since reservations at the HDM resort are Mon to Mon and I was traveling Tues to Tues. I scrambled last minute to find another place to stay and physically showed up at the Encantada several days to get my refund. They refused to let me talk to anyone in person. They were in "meetings" with the Big Bosses. The resort personell were very RUDE and NASTY to me and my daughter in person. I observed people trying to check in and it was absolute chaos. I've called, emailed almost every day, they avoid my contact like the plague. This was supposed to be a much needed vacation, post cancer surgery, and turned into a living nightmare, causing undue amout of stress. The person in charge of sales, Armida, refuses to respond to my emails, daily calls. Carmen Montesinos has been very nice trying to help me, giving Armida my messages EVERYDAY. They cater to owners only, their sales pitch is very HIGH PRESSURE and keep you there for hours not 90 min. They are the most unorganized horrible resort I have EVER been to, UNCARING. I own several timeshare weeks so that is saying a lot. This is breech of contract. I have not been able to get information on owners of the resort, or as they say "the BIG BOSSES" because they refuse to give me any information.

Room Tip: Do NOT go, very unorganized, high stress, you will regret it. They admittedly overbooked all of Mar...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MMBSanDiego
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This hotel has some issues and growing pains. The check in and out was painfully slow. The ATM in their lobby took my card and security took over three hours to retrieve it from the machine, when I returned home there was fraudulant charges on my account. I was told that it was all inclusive and paid over $425 per night but then they charged me an additional $85 per person per night for the inclusive part. In addition I had a two bedroom suite and my guests wanted to extend the stay an additonal night but for only one room, they agreed but then charged me the full rate and said the rooms could not be separated but when I had checked in there was still people in the other room, so the esentially lied to me and played dumb. It's a time share and lots of hills to climb, not that great of a resort. Spa was OK nothing special and the therapist was not good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank laura g
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This property is a "Timeshare" property that caters to that customer. Forget about getting a nice room, because they are reserved for the Timeshare owners. Which is understandable, but we were not aware of until we arrived. The room we had was nice, but no view of the ocean and no privacy being next to the pool. When you check-in, make sure they give you a each a pool towel card to get a towel at the pool. This is the craziest thing that I have ever seen. We went to get a towel, showed the attendant our room keys, but we had to go back up the hill to the lobby and get a pool towel card. Luckily, the valet "Hector" was very accomodating and helpful at that point and throughout our stay of 4 nights. We also had a very nice dinner and our waiter "Sergio" was wonderful. Not a bad resort, but Hector and Sergio made the stay even better.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floors in the building that is closest to the ocean.
3  Thank Uof909tothe949
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I truly enjoy my stay at Hacienda Encantada, the services, the employees and their facilities go well beyond the excellency.

It is a resemblance of a very elegant Hacienda well surrounded by the comfort of the sun and the beach, truly amazing sights and a very relaxing ambient.

I highly recommend for those who search a nice family holiday in a relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family