This resort is unbeatable for the budget. We've stayed at five-star resorts with slightly better food and sevice, but those places are 3x more expensive than the RIU Santa Fe. This resort is perfect if you are looking for a clean and beautiful resort at a good price.
Rooms - Very Good
The rooms are small but very nice with well appointed tile and woodwork. We stayed in an ocean view room (7325) that was close to the beach. Because the nights were cool, we slept with the door open and listened to loud waves crash on the beach. The view of Lands End from our balcony was amazing.
Resort Grounds - Excellent
The grounds are perfectly kept throughout the large resort. The architecture and landscaping are beautifully designed and provide an excellent vacation environment. Staff are constantly cleaning and maintaining the grounds and buildings. This is where the resort puts the greatest effort. They may not have five-star food, but the grounds are better than many five-star resorts.
Beach - Very Good
The sand is rougher than the Caribbean, but still very fine and white. The beach has a relatively steep descent to the water, but still provides plenty of space for lounging. The water is bright blue and clean. It gets deep quickly, so there is not a lot of space for wading in the water. The surf is fairly strong, but as long as you are a good swimmer, there is plenty of opportunity to swim.
Food - Good
While the food is not as good as a five-star resort, it is still very good. Ala carte restaurants had good and unique dishes, and the buffets had many choices. Occassionally the food lacked an excellent flavor, but we always new that the ingredients and preparation were high quality.
Drinks and Bar Service - Good
Bartendars are friendly and attentive. Drinks were always strong. We like to drink a resort dry of high-quality tequila and this resort did not have Don Julio or other comparable tequilas. Their best tequila is El Jimador which is 100% agave and decent. Some drinks didn't taste the best, but it was always easy to get another.
Location - Excellent
Just a few minutes from downtown and Lovers Beach. A quick bus ride gets you to downtown and a quick water taxi gets you to Lovers Beach. Downtown has many great restaurants and bars, and Lovers Beach is great for snorkling and swimming in lighter surf. The sand is fine like the Caribbean and the limestone mountains are gorgeous.
Summary - Very Good
For a non-five star resort, this place is as good as it gets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, RIU Hotels and Resorts, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos