This is not a four or five star resort. Why? The quality of the food and the lack of personal service.
There is no service by the pools or beach. If you want a drink or a snack, you have to go get it yourself. I knew this going in, so I wasnt surprised or disappointed. I must point out that the bartenders work their butts off.
The food was......okay to good. It certainly wasnt awful, but it wasn't great either. Lots of variety.......it was just lacking in quality.
As everyone else has stated, it is very clean and well kept. Its also a huge resort, but very well laid out so easy to find everything.
Yes, the hallways are very noisy and drunk people can be thoughtless. You will not have a quiet night here. Also the walls are very thin and we were entertained by our neighbors at night a few times.
My major complaint is that there are not enough lounge chairs. It was actually pretty ridiculous to have to set the alarm to get up and save a chair by the pool. I have never seen this at any other resort. They need more chairs!
Also, Cabo is too cold for me. The days were warm enough to lay by the pool in your bathing suit, but the pool was too cold for me and the nights were very chilly! I knew to bring a light jacket, but I wished I didn't bring my summer dresses and had brought a pair of jeans and a hoody instead.
Would I go back?...........no. I guess I have been spoiled by other resorts where the food and service have been amazing. And I'm not really complaining about the service at the Riu......the staff are great. But I would have liked staff taking drink and food orders by the pool. All in all, it was a good price so it is good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in the southern Baja California peninsula, 4.5 Km/2.8 Miles from Cabo San Lucas * Opened winter 2007/8 * 1-story main building and 3-story and 4-story annexes * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the beach * 3.5 Km/2.2 Miles from downtown Cabo San Lucas * 40 km/25 miles from the airport * 500 m/1650 ft from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and RIU Hotels and Resorts so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos