I must start by saying the timeshare rooms at Casa Dorado are not bad at all compared to other hotels but they are sub par when compared to other timeshare rooms in the area. That being said, the open air style of the lobby and restaurants are absolutely gorgeous. The views of the ocean are breathtaking and the fact that the owner constructed a man made beach that is swimable is great. The water is crystal clear and sapphire blue.
I exchanged some of my USD for Pesos because the resort a stayed at during my last visit used a conversion rate of 10 USD: 100 Peso. Do yourself a favor and keep your USD because as of 12.06.11 Casa Dorado's rate is better than even the local atms: 13.29 USD: 100 Pesos.
The food is expensive but it is good. The no name sushi rolls are great; the Kobe Burger is great. The Italian restaurant is phenomenal. If you are on the timeshare side, you do still get the 20% off at all restaurants, excluding the Deli. Only the first day of bottled water is complimentary. There is a Happy Hour at the bar located on the lobby level where they offer some drinks for 70 pesos. The mango daquiri is to die for.
All of the restaurants seem so disconnected. You can go to El Mason for the breakfast buffet (it is 26.33/per person beforethe 20% discount if you are a timesharer but it is plentiful; if you eat there for breakfast you will not have to eat again until lunch); then you can go to the sushi bar at lunch but if you want anything other than sushi they order from the other swim up restaurant place. The two main restaurants are open for dinner but not Happy Hour. The only place that has Happy Hour is the bar on the lobby level; they also have appetizers but not a full menu. I know it sounds confusing because it kind of is.
This resort seems very laid back; almost to the point of boring. It all depends on what you want. I did however, go during a low season. All in all, Casa Dorado is a great place to stay.
The staff is very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is one of the many Casa Dorada in Los Cabos area. Please note we are "Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Resort" located between both towns (San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas) at the area known as the Tourist Corridor within the Cabo Real area at KM 19.5. The Home Resort will allow you the access to their common areas such as the beach, two pools, spa, restaurants and bars. This resort is an European Plan, meaning that there is no All-Inclusive or Mean Plan Package available and food & beverages will be subject to an extra charge. All rooms are considered as Ocean View and the assignment of the rooms will be based on availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Casa Dorada Spa And Golf Resort
- Club Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo