There seems to be so little information regarding Club Casa Dorado, so I decided to include my experience. We traded our Marriott Aruba Surf Club timeshare week through Interval International for Club Casa Dorado. This was our first time in Cabo and we wanted to make sure we got good value for our week. We were very pleased with the room we booked. We booked a one bedroom suite for 3 adults and a child. There is plenty of room to spread out with two full bathrooms and four closets.
Interval does not really give this property its due. It is listed as a Gold Crown Resort, but does only offers 3 pictures, the golf course, the main entrance of the hotel, and view of the bed.
To reiterate a previous review, Club Casa Dorado is a group of 90+ rooms on the same property as the Los Cabos Hilton Spa and Golf Resort located in the tourist corridor. To a guest, the arrangement between Club Casa Dorado and the Hilton is seamless. The check-in and concierge services are done at the same desk. The timeshare uses all of the amenities of hotel (pools, spa, fitness center, restaurants, etc.). The bonus is that as a timeshare guest you get a 20% off card on all food and drinks (other than the Deli).
Depending on the type of vacation experience you want to have, you can either go with a timeshare unit or the Hilton traditional hotel room. Casa Dorado offers everything from a Jr. Suite (microwave and small fridge) to a 2 bedroom penthouse suite (full kitchen) ($280 - $780 per night) summer offpeak rates. Hilton is ranging ($249 -$344 per night) summer offpeak for (1 bedroom ocean view room without the coffee maker and other appliances.
As a timeshare if you want to save more on food and drinks then hit the local Wal-Mart, Costco or Mega.
The resort is, one of the best Hilton has to offer, so you will have a beautiful hotel. I was told while there that this property is owned by the same group that owns the Beverly Hills Hilton. There are two pools, a larger infinity pool and a more narrow 'S' shaped pool. Each pool has a swim up bar that is open until 6:00 PM. They both offer some of the best sushi I have ever tried. Try the local specialty a smoked marlin roll. They also serve more traditonal Mexican cuisine with a resort twist such as shrimp or fish tacos and shrimp burritos. The outdoor beds and wooden recliner beach chairs by the pool with umbrella are a very nice touch. There are also palapas by the beach that are available if you want to relax by the ocean.
If you have children age 4 and above, you can take advantage of the complementary Kids Club that the Hilton offers from 9:00 AM- 5:00 PM. The Kids Club has a dedicated person on staff that offers supervised structured activities throughout the day and offers the kids a gathering spot to make new friends.
The beach was rough,and most people never ventured down past the pool. However if you do go, it offers lots of adventure. The waves in the ocean are big which makes it swimable only by the experienced. The sand is coarse and is extremely hot during the day so bring beach sandals. There are a few vendors on the beach who aren't overbearing but offer everything from jewelry, wave runner rides, to even ocean side massages.
We tried all of the restaurants on the property with the exception of Fenicia the semi-formal restaurant. The service and food were all very good and lead to us half of the trip staying in for breakfast/lunch/dinner. The breakfast buffett is quite extensive and is priced accordingly ($32 before the 20% discount), but is worth the trying. I mentioned the sushi and seafood tacos previously. Happy Hour is from 5:00 - 6:00 in the main indoor bar Lavista. However we preferred the bartenders and service by the pool.
I hope this helps anyone looking to trade to this location. I believe you will enjoy your vacation at this location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is one of the many Casa Dorada in Los Cabos area. Please note we are "Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Resort" located between both towns (San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas) at the area known as the Tourist Corridor within the Cabo Real area at KM 19.5. The Home Resort will allow you the access to their common areas such as the beach, two pools, spa, restaurants and bars. This resort is an European Plan, meaning that there is no All-Inclusive or Mean Plan Package available and food & beverages will be subject to an extra charge. All rooms are considered as Ocean View and the assignment of the rooms will be based on availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Casa Dorada Spa And Golf Resort
- Club Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo