“A Thai restaurant in Mexico? Si, and it's excellente!”
Review of Baan Thai - CLOSED

Baan Thai
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Ask U.S. culinary school-trained Owner/Chef Carl to make his special shrimp dish not on the menu--he'll know what you'll mean. This is a unique taste treat in the land of enchiladas and tacos, not well-known to visitors to this unique, quiet town that still retains that Old Mexico flavor and atmosphere a half-hour's drive from raucous, touristy Cabo San Lucas. Located near the town plaza and the cathedral, Baan Thai features both indoor and outdoor dining in an enclosed patio away from city streets. An outstanding find worthy of a visit by anyone loving good food. And don't forget the surprising selection of exquisite Baja-vinted wine Carl has on hand. It puts many California bottles to shame. The restaurant is also just up the block from the El Encanto Inn, another charmer.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

ask the chef/owner, Carl, for recommendations on specials and wines in this quaint , quiet and excellent mildy spicey Asian/Pacific rim restaurant

Reviewed October 10, 2011

The evening was quiet with only a few tables occupied. The menu was simple with several veggie or meat dishes to choose from. We ordered an appetizer of chicken and veg in rice paper. It was good, it had cilantro and my husband is not a fan, but good nonetheless. I ordered the Thom Kha Gai soup. This was absolutely the best tasting coconut soup I have ever had. The sweet delicate coconut infused with a little spice, tender chicken and mushrooms was a delight. The chicken Pad Thai was light, flavorful and also very tasty. The chicken curry was quite spicy. I love spice but it's been a long while since having this type of spice (I can eat habanero chilies just fine!). I felt that the spice overpowered the taste of the coconut curry. I will however, go back and try it again with a little less spice. I absolutely, without a doubt recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

We had dinner here during our visit to San Jose and after spending 1 week in Los Cabos, we really enjoyed the change in cuisine from what we've been eating. The restaurant was empty when we arrived at 7pm and we sat in the corner of the beautiful room. We sampled 3 items from their menu. As I was not very hungry, I had the calamari salad. It was very fresh, had lots of calamari and a delicious dressing. My wife and daughter shared the seafood dumplings and pad thai. The pad thai was tasty and had lots of chicken. The dumplings were ok. I would recommend this restaurant for someone looking for something different in the area

Date of visit: July 2011
1  Thank skaterdad
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Went for lunch with a group of friends and had an excellent meal with great service. Very authentic Thai fare, very fresh and were all really impressed with the array of dishes we ordered to share. The prices were super reasonable and would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Cabo.

Date of visit: January 2011