“The Tropicana is fantastico!”
Review of Tropicana Inn

Tropicana Inn
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 30 March 2008

This very Mexican hotel was the perfect place for my vacation. Because of the fair located just behind it, the nights were noisy but that was only during that festival week. Actually the location being close to the fair added to the fun! Walked over there nearly every night to get cheap, authentic Mexican food! The Tropicana is very clean, small and charming. Service was good, food tasty and cost reasonable. The best part of this hotel is the Cuban band playing 3 or 4 nights a week. If you like to dance, this is place for you. The show they put on is fantastic. No cover charge. The dancers are from Mexico, the band is from Cuba. Everyone dances everywhere, the place rocks on Friday and Sat. nights.
I would highly recommend this place and will return there again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 March 2008

I would say I travel a lot. I've never stayed anywhere other than a big resort.

Because I was just passing through San Jose on my way to spend a month elsewhere in Mexico, I decided on a small Inn type place for 2 days. I was shocked, I loved it! So much in fact that I stayed another night , on my way out of mexico a month later. It was like a little family there. The food was to die for and the entertainment in thier lounge was unreal. The singing and dancing was a lot of fun. The people were so nice and helful as well. I had a car pick me up at the airport, the hotel set it up and they were on time and freindly. The bartenders at the Tropicana always have a smile on a good story for you. The best was sitting around the pool and little fire at night ..relaxing. It's located where you can walk anywhere which was nice. The rooms are cute and clean. I stayed in the standard room, the Jr Suite and Troje. The standard room is very cute and the 2 beds are comfortable. The Jr Suite is big and kept very nice. The Troje is really adorable, worth staying in. I also really enjoyed all the fresh flowers. No it's not a resort, it's better and it's real Mexico! Thanks to all at the Tropicana....see you soon.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2008

We spent two weeks at the Tropicana Inn and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Great location for exploring the town and surrounding area. Our room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. We found the staff was friendly, accomodating, courteous and professional. Kudos to the management for hiring great personnel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Philip007
Reviewed 19 January 2008

I've been to Cabo several times, but never stayed in San Jose. I found this hotel on the internet and was a little concerned with how inexpensive it was, even over the Christmas holiday.

It was fantastic! The staff was friendly, the rooms small, but excellent for the money. They only have a shower, but good water pressure. The minor downside is the lighting in the room, but it did not detract from our enjoyment of this hotel. When visiting Cabo, I will be staying here from now on.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank IxChel3300
Reviewed 10 January 2008

We booked the Tropicana Inn for our last night stay in Los Cabos before flying out the next morning. This booking was done via email through their web site. We received a confirmation on the booking and printed it out to take with us. This was very fortunate as when we arrived at the inn, they said we did not have a reservation and they were sold out. After producing the confirmation, they admitted that there was a mistake and proceeded to find another room for us in San Jose Del Cabo in the same historic area. The property we were sent to told us that this happens frequently in this area. They said that if a property gets a better reservation request (for more nights than yours) they will walk you and take the other reservation even though you have a confirmation. The Tropicana did pay for our dinner at their restaurant which we enjoyed very much. So in the end it all worked out (despite the delayed evening and double handling of our bags). We just wanted to warn anyone who may be booking just one night to be prepared with your backup confirmation material. The Tropicana was a charming small property and we are sorry we did not have the opportunity to stay with them.

Stayed: January 2008
5  Thank sunseeker41
Reviewed 15 December 2007

I have stayed here numerous times over the last 7 or 8 years to allow me to use FF Miles or get better fares on flights. It is a great location to take advantage of downtown San Jose De Cabo........their restaurant is good and I have never had a problem booking on line. I use it at each end of time share stays.......by the way most airlines who overnight in Cabo stay here.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rbutera1
Reviewed 8 December 2007

Stayed here two nights as part of a motorcycle trip the length of the Baja Penninsula. A very pleasant well landscaped place with good beds ( though hard- mattress, no springs underneath)) very attractive Mexican tiled bathrooms, and pretty decent service. ( noticed that some rooms had new white duvet covers and others had older print bedspreads..... we had the new duvet covers) Wake up call on time at 5am on day we left and we had excellent food in restaurant. Breakfast in pool area was sparse, but ok with tasty coffee, granola, fresh fruit. This inn is right within walking distance of gallery district, main square, and several nice restaurants ( Morgans I and 2, Antigua etc.). Only negative is that staff told us there were toilets at Santa Maria Beach - and there were not. However, the snorkeling was nice - this beach is about 15 minutes away toward Cabo San Lucas, off the four lane.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple