1,289 results
All reviews market grill royal service mole gabi beach family concierge la palapa restaurant avenue bar los cabos royal section swimmable beach butler service kids zone wet bar ocean view swim up room personal butler main pool
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Our stay at the Paradisus Los Cabos was outstanding. The property is so clean and inviting. Very nicely designed. We chose the Royal Service swim up suite and loved every minute of it (royal service is really worth the extra money). We had room that faced the main pool and still had an ocean view. The staff at La Palapa (Miseal, Omar) and the Royal Service Pool (Ramelia) were outstanding! We never had to wait for them to ask if we needed anything. Drinks were great. Food at La Palapa and Market Grille was great. Mole was pretty good. DIdn't have a great experience at Bana (but they had several very large groups in that night), but it has potential. Room service was very quick (we waited about 20 minutes). Overall the food was pretty good for an all-inclusive. The mini-bar in our room was stocked and had no complaints! We've been to Cabo several times, so we were very happy with the beach / ocean access. The beach access is much better than it is at most resorts in Cabo, but it is Cabo and the open pacific, so know that what's considered a swimmable beach is different here. I saw a few different reviews complaining about the "swimmable beach", but if you know what to expect from a beach in Cabo, you won't be disappointed. We had a great experience and would recommend this property.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank Holly G
ParadisusLosCabos, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2017

Dear Holly G,

We are very glad to read that you had an outstanding vacation at our resort and you were able to enjoy your stay to the fullest.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the service provided by our staff, We will make sure your words reach them.

We want to thank you one more time for providing us your valuable opinion and we are looking forward to be welcoming you for another memorable experience.

Sunny regards from Cabo!

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. But when you pay for 4 1/2 star hotel, you would expect service. Well don't expect much from the staff here. They are rude and disrespectful. Some just avoid you and some don't even speak English. The food is average at best. We paid for OCEAN view and at fist the hotel gave us the view of the construction (no ocean at sight). When I complained, Murecio at the front desk was rude and disrespectful. We arrived at 3 and was offered a room at 6. After I complained about construction, they finally gave us a garden view room where if you tilt your head, you may be able to see the ocean. They called that ocean view. The restaurants are beautiful but the food quality is very low. There is not enough staff either. We are constantly trying to get a hold of the waitress to get us drinks but she avoids us. Well I'm very disappointed because a hotel is nothing without a good staff and this hotel is nothing. So it gets 2 stars.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear patty f,

Thank you for sharing your impressions regarding your stay at our Resort.

We feel very glad to read you found our property beautiful.

Our staff strives to provide 100% satisfactory stays to our guests and we regret that despite our team efforts we were able to guarantee yours completely.

We want to thank you one more time for providing us your valuable opinion and we are looking forward to be welcoming you once again so you can see the improvements in our service.

Warm regards from Paradisus Los Cabos.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Overall, we had a pleasant experience at the Paradisus Cabo for our wedding. There are 3 things that are superb about this hotel: the property, the food and drink and the service. The location is essentially brand new so everything was impeccable. The pool area, the cabanas, the rooms, the linens, the lobby…. I could go on and on about how wonderful the hotel space is. The beach at the Paradisus it a bit rough as the sand is not smooth at all and you can barely walk barefoot because of the rocks. However, bring some water shoes and you will be fine to walk and swim in their sectioned off area that was safe. Do not try volleyball because it’s so rocky that several people in my group ended up with cuts on their knees due to the rough sand. Everything seemed to close a little too early and that was a bummer for a vacation spot. For example, the beach chairs needed to be brought in at 4pm so you couldn’t watch the sunset at the beach and beach bar closed at 5pm. Do get yourself into Royal Service so you can get a butler and access to a private pool. It’s a great experience to feel carefree and taken care of and they were very helpful and accommodating the entire trip. If you can splurge get a Master Suite. It was a beautiful 3 room suite and one of the nicest rooms we’ve ever stayed in. We also stayed one night in the swim up suite, and while not actually a suite (just one room) it was a fun treat to have a pool as a balcony.

While we were there, we and our guests did not have one bad meal during our entire stay, but be prepared to wait. All the restaurants were wonderful and provided enough variety for a week’s stay. We would not recommend La Palapa for breakfast as the service was extremely slow and it took over 45 minutes to get served. When you compare to the breakfast buffet it is not worth the wait as their food was comparable and much faster. The upscale Mexican restaurant served one of the best meals we had (fish of the day), but unfortunately this one also took extremely long. It took them over one and half hours to serve our meal. Of course, this could have been related to us having a large party, but they wouldn’t take reservations so I’m not sure how this could be avoided in the future. Market was always great and quick and the Japanese restaurant also hit the mark with great sushi and ambiance.

Orfelia who mainly worked the Gabi club/lounge deserves an honorable mention because of how great she was. Orfelia helped us in several events during the week, always with a smile on; she really went above and beyond with her service.

We were very disappointed with the experience at the Gabi Lounge. We specifically asked several questions about the hours and the experience because we were looking for a property that had a club for our family and friends. We knew they like to party and don’t like going to bed at 10pm on vacation. We had been told in our scouting visit in January that the club had a DJ’s every night and that it was open until 2am. We quickly found that this was so far from the truth. First of all, the club closes at 1am every night (if you’re lucky) as they don’t have a permit to open later. To call it a club/lounge is really an overstatement. The lights were always on high and they didn’t play any music! It was elevator music the whole time (with barely any volume). I actually remember going to the bathroom at the lounge and the bathroom had better and louder music than the lounge itself! We complained many times as my family started arriving on Tuesday and by Thursday of elevator music everyone was getting really frustrated. They brought a DJ for Friday night which was an improvement, but this place only plays electronic and house music. The employees told us they were forbidden from playing latin music as the management felt that the resort was too high class and it was a certain vibe and imagine they wanted to maintain. While I am sympathetic and actually like the vibe of this place during the day, they took it overboard and made it a boring resort. I myself spoke to one of the directors of the resort but we felt we were unable to come to an understanding. We had about 50 people in our party, were the only ones at the lounge every night and yet they refused to accommodate what the guests were requesting. I’d suggest Melia allows their properties to listen to what their guests want to ensure a better experience. Especially when out of the 60 people that were in Gabby lounge, we represented 50 of them. Don’t let the beautiful lounge chairs and space fool you. This is more looks than atmosphere, nothing to do at the lounge, so it’s a total waste of a beautiful space.

Discussing now the experience having a wedding at Paradisus Los Cabos. This is our feedback:

Our wedding coordinators were great to work with. We worked mostly with Ariadna from the beginning. We trusted her and felt that she always tried to do the right thing for us. We appreciated Ariadna’s and Angelica’s involvement and were grateful to have them coordinate our wedding. As this was the first wedding at Paradisus since its opening there were some small kinks to work out but overall it was a good experience with this team.

Out of all the vendors we enjoyed working with EM weddings the most. We felt that EM weddings did a nice job during the wedding trying to capture the items we told them were important to us. We felt working with Oswaldo was easy and he was very professional. He seemed to really enjoy his job and it was evident he did this with passion which in turn translated into a very enjoyable experience. We have yet to finalize our pictures and video but are confident that the final product will be what we hoped for.

We didn’t particularly enjoy working with JSAV. We felt that he did not listen to our vision and overall would not recommend this vendor. We were truly disappointed with our DJ. The reception did not have a flow nor did it ever capture the spirit of the party we were trying to have. The DJ pretty much played the songs I listed that were examples of what we liked, but she didn’t provide a nice flow to the night. We were very specific with both Harry and the DJ but it seemed like I could have grabbed an ipod and played the music myself. I had expressed my concerns to Harry in advance of the reception as I felt the DJ did not know the music and vibe (she candidly told me herself she was not a commercial DJ, but rather an underground house DJ and that this was not her comfort zone) but Harry assured me that he would oversee the music. It’s clear that there was very limited planning which resulted in a lackluster experience that we’ll unfortunately remember forever. This is a regret that I have from our wedding and would not recommend this vendor.

My aunt is a minister and she was supposed to marry us. Due to a last-minute health complication she was unable to attend and we had to get a minister a day or so before the wedding. However, Marco if I remember his name correctly was a wonderful surprise and he performed a really nice ceremony. Our ceremony was our favorite part of the wedding and he contributed to the wonderful feeling we all had during this time. He listed to our story and we felt that he understood what would be important for us to discuss. We liked how he delivered the service and was a very professional and eloquent minister. He had great timing, discussing just fittingly all the items we wanted to incorporate but not focus on, such as a small prayer and mentioning my father’s loss.

As a bride, the worst part of my experience was the SPA. I had paid for a hair and makeup trial. I did this so I would be comfortable with the hair stylist and make up artist. I wanted to be prepared and to ensure everything for the day of the wedding was smooth and on time. In fact, I even sent pictures of hair styles to Carolina, the SPA manager as well as pictures of my hair so they could prepare and advice. The day of my trial I went to the SPA and was serviced by a woman who was not the team that was going to do my wedding hair and make up. In fact, she told she didn’t know she was to do my makeup and she only does hair and Carolina had never even shown her the pictures I sent weeks in advance. She was so frazzled when I said this was my hair and makeup trial that she panicked. She told me that she would just get an idea of what I wanted to and pass it on to the team. Isn’t that the point of a hair and makeup trial so you do it with the actual people that will do your hair and make up the day of the wedding!!?? She said that the wedding team are contractors so the hotel would not bring them in specifically for the trial because it would be too expensive! I had my welcome reception after the trial, but since after an hour and 45 minutes she managed to just curl the ends of my hair, I left in tears and I was late for my welcome reception which was only a couple hours long. I tried to make the best of it but it was a terrible way to begin my wedding festivities and then I had the worry all night of who was going to do my hair and makeup the next day for the wedding. The two ladies they sent the day of the wedding were great, but it was stressful and we ran out of time because of course you are having two women you never met prepare you for your wedding without any references and time to spare. I was so stressed these two days, so let down that I do not wish this on anyone. Yes, I made the best of it and yes, everything worked out since we had to make it work. Everyone of course apologized profusely and they gave me a couple’s massage, but nothing was worth the stress they created and how badly they managed my situation.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlexisCiro

Dear AlexisCiro,

Thank you for sharing your impressions regarding your stay at our Resort.

We feel very glad to read you had a pleasant experience at our resort.

Our staff strives to provide 100% satisfactory stays to our guests and we regret that despite our team efforts and the benefits granted, we were not able to guarantee yours completely.

Warm regards from Paradisus Los Cabos.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

Very clean and friendly, I like though to have the offering of more casual food choices such as sanck and coffee stations and more outside catering such " similar to the grill by the pool" , may be expand to breakfast and lunch . Dinning at the restaurants which in my opinion seem to be limited in number "only 4 during dinner for most of the guests" considering a an all-inclusive property put pressure on those restaurants and, often cause longer dinner and lunch times, and wait time could take up to 30 mins to an hour , and that was during low season . The staff at the restaurants during dinner looked much busier than they should be!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

Dear rsa630,

Thank you for sharing your comments in regards to your visit to Paradisus Los Cabos.

We are glad to read that we enabled you a good time at our resort and you were able to enjoy your stay.

It always makes us happy to provide our guests with satisfactory experiences. Please know we are taking note on your suggestions as they are involved in our continuous effort to improve our services.

We want to thank you one more time for your preference and we hope to receive you once again at Paradisus Los Cabos.

Warm regards from Cabo!

Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

A relaxing vacation! Considering it is a new hotel my husband and I were very pleased with the standard. We upgraded our room and spent most of our afternoons in the pool.

Food at La Palapa was delicious (try the risotto) and we thoroughly enjoyed the live music.

One disadvantage of the hotel was the lack of enthusiasm from staff.

Overall we had a wonderful time at Hotel Paradisus. Thank you to the Royal Service staff who made our experience extra special.

Alicia and Sam Friedman

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear AFriedman1990,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay at Paradisus Los Cabos,

We are very happy to read you had a relaxing honeymoon and that you enjoyed the attributes that characterize our Royal Service.

We want to thank you one more time for providing us your valuable opinion and we are looking forward to be welcoming you for another memorable visit.

Sunny regards from Cabo.