I am writing this on the 4th day of our 6 day stay. I have to say I had high hopes for the hotel after reading so many great reviews. We stayed at the Westin in March 2011 and loved it but thought we would try the Hilton since we are Diamond members and have so many points to use up. Maybe that is the problem...we are staying here on points but it shouldn't mean you get second class treatment.
Let me summarize 1) no upgrades available at check in even though they still have them available on the Hilton website and I offered to pay for one when I received my comfirmation. So we got stuck on the second floor (2059) in the back mostly facing the resort next door. We listen to their generators and refrigeration units instead of the ocean at night. 2) the concierge was helpful but twice the reservations we made were not there when we went to check in. One was for tennis and one was for dinner. 3) no coffee pot in the room so you can't make tea or have a quick cup of coffee without waiting in line. 4) the process of reserving a place to sit by the pools is ridiculous. I am not up for getting up at 5 am to reserve a space so for 3 days we have been stuck sitting at a slant or almost behind the building 5) the web site says there are slippers provided...not true. 7) the sushi from the pool bar is supermarket grade at best. Really, I have had better from Safeway.
I can deal with all the kids. That is what you expect at this time of year but some of the rest of it I can't. The service is actually pretty good considering how busy this place is. If we had been given a decent room I think I could overlook some of the negatives but I am not sure I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo