Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$163
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$649
US$409
Melia.com
Posada Real Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$112
US$100
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$510
US$422
Bookit.com
Holiday Inn Resort Los Cabos All-Inclusive(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$174
  • Breakfast included
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$241
Hotels.com
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$224
  • Pool
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$559
US$330
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$505
US$420
HotelsClick
4,747 results
All reviewsvista clubla vistael masonel meson restaurantinfinity poollos cabosdiamond memberfull buffetbreakfast buffetsushiswimmable beachocean viewbeautiful propertyswim up barpool conciergerented a carfitness center
Reviewed January 16, 2009

Very nice Los Cabos hotel (we stayed there because it is a short beach walk from El Dorado). Accomodations are very comfortable. Beach is one of the few good swimming beaches on the Corridor. Big problem is that there is a shortage of pool chairs --- folks go out early and reserve them with a towel for the whole day. So when one goes out to lie by the pool later, there are lots of empty (but reserved chairs), but no place to sit.

1  Thank ankiandlarry
Reviewed January 6, 2009

My family and I just returned from a week’s vacation at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort. We arrived just after Christmas and departed just after New Years. The weather during our trip was excellent. With sunny skies and highs in the upper 70's to low 80's during the day and the low 60's in the evening
-The resort is absolutely stunning in every respect. Our family of four had a ocean view room with two double beds on the second floor. The room was very clean and very spacious. The bathroom was also very large and well appointed. The beds were very comfortable. Our balcony was small but adequate for wonderful views of the Ocean. The room was very well tended with a nice turn down service in the evenings.
-The grounds of the resort are beautiful and very well tended.
- The pools are beautiful and spacious
- The service around the pool area is incredible. They offer free 10 minutes massages every day (really nice), There are also several other free perks that seemed to occur during the week but not every day. These included; miniature fresh frozen fruit popsicles (strawberry, lime, melon), shots of Tequila, fresh wet cool towels to refresh yourself, coffee (before 8 am). They even had a gentleman (Jorge) who would come by with books for you to borrow to read. He would also clean your sunglasses and tighten up all the screws if needed.
- There was always someone available to assist with what ever you needed.
- The one negative thing I will say about the pools was the situation with the lounge chairs around the main pool. There was literally a competition for the chairs around the pool with extra emphasis on those seats with the best sun. This was like nothing I have ever experienced. There were actually rules about when you could put your towel out (6 am) and how long you could leave your things without being there (2 hours). It was amazing to see what people would do for a premium spot and the angst this caused. People talked about it all day and plotted what spots they were going after. I felt very sorry for the poor managers who literally had to stand there in the morning a referee disputes or questions. I saw many upset people. Come on.....it’s a beach chair!!!!!!
The food and drinks offered around the pool was very good but very expensive. I suspect the pricing is in line with other top resorts but it’s still thought to pay about $9 for a frozen drink and $7 for smoothie for the kids. A Pizza (fresh ingredients and cooked in a wood fired oven) was about $12 and the sushi was between $15 and $19 for a single roll. Again the quality was quite good and so was the service, just pricey!!!!!
- They offered a movie under the stars one night (The animated Bee Movie) and this was quite nice. They had a large screen and lounge chairs, free popcorn and fruit drink for the kids!!
-They offered a big New Years Eve party out on one of the pool decks with live band, lots of food, open bar, champagne toast and fireworks at midnight. The decorations, lighting and attention to detail were very impressive. We did not attend as $150 per person was quite steep especially considering they wanted to charge my 15 year old full price even without alcohol (my 12 year old would have been half price).
-The breakfast buffet at the hotel was quite nice with a large selection but again quite pricey. Service was friendly and prompt. If you have not tried traditional Mexican Hot Chocolate make you try it. It's different that what you are used to and very delicious.
- We arrange private round trip transportation from/to the airport with Cabo San Lucas Tours ahead of time. We opted for this as the shared bus was only about $30 less. The transportation was on time, clean and courteous. We did have some issues with our luggage missing our connection in Chicago that caused us to receive our bags a day late but this was a small inconvenience as we had packed a few extra items in our carry on luggage.
- The only other negative of the hotel for us was it's proximity to the town of Cabo San Lucas. It is about 15 miles away and your options are either a bus or a taxi. The taxi is $25 each way. The bus is also for locals so it can be very crowded and take extra time. It is also a bit dangerous getting to the bus stop across the street as this involves crossing the road which is basically an expressway (2 lanes each way) with cars traveling at 55 to 70 MPH. The Concierge recommended riding the bus into town for dinner but taking a cab home. We did this on two occasions.
- We did find several good restaurants in Cabo thanks to Trip Advisor. These included La Fonda (Traditional Mexican), Salvatore’s (small quaint Italian) and Edith’s (top quality seafood but pricey). All were very good but our favorite (surprisingly) was Salvatore's. Very good food and very reasonable prices! I would recommend any of these without hesitation. We also went to another seafood restaurant called Mocambo De Los Cabos that we did not find on Trip Advisor with very fresh seafood and excellent prices. This was nothing fancy but the seafood was simply prepared and very fresh.
- We also did what is called a Rhino Safari (Rhino is the name for the 4 wheel drive Yamaha, 2 seat vehicles they provide) through Carisuva Ranch. This was a real blast. Make sure you were close that you don't mind getting dirty because it is very dusty. You guide with take you through the desert, up and down very steep hills and provide some wonderful vista's of the ocean!! Included in the price was transportation from and to your hotel.
- I did not love the town of Cobo San Lucas. It was in general quite dirty with lots of broken and dilapidated sidewalks. Just lots of bars and souvenir shops.
-In contrast I did like San Jose Del Cabo, much quieter, cleaner, nicer shopping,
- I also wanted to comment on just how nice all the locals were everywhere we went. Just about everybody we came in contact with during our entire trip was exceptionally friendly. Even the people trying to sell you things on the beach were nice. It does get old getting bothered to buy something, but, they are never, ever rude.
Overall a wonderful trip for my family and a well needed break. We would not hesitate to return to the area and the Hilton

11  Thank WineGuyRochester_NY
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos over the holidays and had a great time. The property is pretty new and in excellent shape. On check-in, we were offered a suite upgrade (for a fee) and the room was great. The staff were incredibly courteous and helpful. We had dinner in all of the on-site restaurants (they had a steakhouse set-up by the pool for the holidays) and found the food to be excellent, especially Fenicia. The pools were heated which was nice as the air temperature, although warm during the midday, cooled off after 4:00. The ocean was slightly cool at 75˚ and the sand in front of the hotel was a bit gravelly (better sand 400 ft either direction), but there was a protected cove which offered the only safe swimming in the area.

The hotel is about 25 minutes from Cabo San Lucas and 15 from San José del Cabo. Cabo San Lucas has more activities, like dolphins, night life and the famous El Arco at lovers’ beach. San José has great dining including Tequia and Don Emiliano where we had excellent meals. The one caution I’d mention is to be careful renting a car from National at the hotel. Their cars are really in bad shape and they try to collect money for damages that were pre-existing at the time of the rental.

The only other comment was that there was no executive lounge for Diamonds, but they offered contintenal breakfast for two in the restaurant (which by the way had a great buffet).

4  Thank RollingStone2
Reviewed January 3, 2009

Where should I BEGIN?!?! This was a dream destination for my husband and I and was so pleased that Hilton was offering a special for this past summer ( July 2008) so we decided to go for our Anniversary! The best decision we could have EVER made!

*Accommodations*
The rooms are GORGEOUS and so spacious! We stayed in a partial ocean view room which was plenty of the ocean we needed! I made a note that we would be vacationing for our anniversary and they sent a complimentary wine, cheese, fruit and cracker spread to our room already waiting for us when we checked in!! SO SWEET!! They even spelled our Happy Anniversary in shells on our bed spread! Really incredible! The bathroom was enormous and had enough space for a football team! The jetted tub, walk in shower, double sinks and marble trimming made me feel like I NEVER wanted to leave the room! The pics on the site are exactly what you'd get and in person, even better!

*Food*
While I will admit that the food was pricey (and so were the drinks) it was absolutely delicious! The more "fancy"/expensive (pool level) restaurant had a variety of food but my favorite was the 2nd level restaurant...just delicious! The breakfast buffet...also, very expensive ($30 per person) but to die for! You name it, they had it OR would get it to you! we went to Walmart often and stocked up on drinks and breakfast pastries and sandwich stuff for lunch sometimes. Balance it out and you'll be fine! OH!!! Make sure you take a trip to San Jose del Cabo and eat at Tropicana!!! A MUST!!! They have a live Mariachi band and AMAZING and AFFORDABLE food!! :o) There's also a great Italian place in the Downtown Los Cabos area but I can't remember the name! It's a father and son owner from New Jersey. Huge portions and great food & prices!

*Staff*
This may be my favorite part of this hotel....I honestly felt like a celebrity on this vacation! The staff attended to your EVERY NEED!! Things you don't normally think you need, they do! Every afternoon someone would come by with a cart of books to borrow to read poolside AND he would clean your sun or eye glasses! He even adjusted screws on them!! Just amazing! They also passed around grapes on a stick for light snacks all complimentary! While in NY, I emailed the concierge about a beach front dinner on the night of me and my husband's anniversary and it was set up without ANY reminders, information, or hassle....it was a perfect night! The concierge was so helpful and friendly and so was the rest of the staff. The maid service even asks what light snack flavor you'd like at night (salty - nuts, fruit, or sweet - candy)!

*Grounds*
This place is simply gorgeous! The view, the rest & relaxation and the ambiance it provides are just impeccable! There were a few weddings and events and they were all done so well! It's no wonder they chose Hilton Los Cabos!

Our stay in Los Cabos overall was just amazing but it had A LOT to do with this hotel! If you're thinking of staying here, don't! JUST DO IT!!! You WON'T be sorry!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CurlyDee
Reviewed January 2, 2009

We spent about a week at the Hilton and absolutely loved the resort. The rooms are spacious with a beautiful ocean view. We were on the 6th floor and enjoyed every minute of our stay there.
The staff is extremely courteous, the service impeccable, with a turndown service at night. The complimentary continental breakfast was substantial, with cereal, tea/coffee, juices, many fruits and a wide variety of baked goods. The fitness center is state of the art. The pools are superb.

The downside is that the restaurants are extremely expensive. We realized that after our first dinner there! Your best bet is to go to either Cabo San Lucas or San Jose and eat there. We would take a bus and return to the hotel by cab, so it wasn't terribly expensive. I really missed having a coffee maker in the room, since I am an early riser and like to have my cup once I'm up. I had to wait for the rest of the family to wake up and then go for breakfast. Also, I was a bit annoyed that my 13 yr old son was not allowed to use the fitness center because the hotel implemented a "new policy" of not allowing kids to use it.
Oh well...
Guests seemed to be a little "stuck up" and not too friendly.
The hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but we still enjoyed it thoroughly.

All said and done, we would definitely go back!

1  Thank nrb48085