“5 Stars are simply not enough”

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
Reviewed 5 August 2010

My husband and two teenage daughters were guests at the Hilton Los Cabos for 9 nights from July 22-July 31st. I have travelled extensively in Canada/US and Europe and this hotel rates right up there. The one items that truly stands out is the service. Everyone here understands the meaning of teamwork and although certain people you come into contact with will stand out and overall impression you are left with is great service by everyone.

OK, here we go item by item

1) Check In

Very smooth and most welcoming with pomegranite margueritas for everyone. They were anticipating our arrival which made us feel very special. Also, nice gesture they decorated our room with ballons as it was a trip celebrating my husband's 50th birthday.

2) Room- room was lovely ( room 2004) however I was not happy with the location. I would have much preferred the main part overlooking the pool. I had previously requested via emails to the Hotel a higher floor and was told I would be accommodated. I had also requested the room with the extended balcony via an upgrade and was willing to pay for it however was told that was not available. That I am fine with however why would we not have been placed in a room on a higher floor as per my previous request? Room 2004 was a walkout to a patio. I believe we were not switched when I asked because our room had already been decorated with balloons for my husbands Birthday. I should have insisted but felt bad to press the issue. If the extended balcony was not available I feel we should have been offered the option of another upgrade such as the oceanfront room….. Bathrooms very large and spacious

3) Housekeeping- very efficient and pleasant

4) Pool - absolutely beautiful, we all loved it…..One of the best infinity pools we have ever seen.

5) Pool Service – 10 stars very accommodating- great food and even better drinks….reasonably priced I feel for a what is a 5 star resort in my opinion

6) Pool Concierge- Jorge or George of the Jungle as he is referred to is truly outstanding. He actually I believe saved both my husband and I as we both got severely sunburned. He saw what had happened and rushed to our aid, cutting aloe plants from the property and applying it to our affected areas. The next day he came right over to us to see how we were doing, his concern was truly appreciated, outstanding service….. The cleaning of the sunglasses and fresh water mist spray for your face was also a plus….in addition to our daily grapes, and moist face towels. Again outstanding.

RESTAURANTS

7) El Meson – wow, fantastic. The breakfast buffet was truly delicious and honestly you would need an iron stomach to eat everything offered. The one thing about this restaurant besides the great food that truly sticks out is the service. I have never been to a restaurant where everyone works like a team such as this one. You barely had time to walk back to your table before wait staff including managers would take your plate back to your table. No one is above anyone they work all together. Keep that service up as I believe it truly sets you apart….. I have to say we did receive extra special service from our daily waiter, Christian… One day my husband did not ask to sit in his section and we got into a fight as I was upset….. ha ha He made the both of us and our daughters (his princesses) feel very special, a big shout out to Christian…..

Although Le Meson was fantastic with both food and service (we ate breakfast there everyday and dinner 3 nights) I would have liked a larger menu selection at dinner and perhaps not totally geared to Mexican fare. However, when we did eat there at dinner it was wonderful....

8) La Vista – beautiful atmosphere, view and the food was good as well (light bites) as well as the coktails

9) Pool Restaurants (La Barca and Madero Grill)

Both the La Barca and Madero Grill were fantastic and and only negative comment is really a positive one, we would have preferred longer hours. The Sushi was outstanding (my kids know sushi and they say this is the best they have had) and the menu selection at Madero was great, pizzas, tacos and salads were great.

10) La Fenicia

If I could afford to spend $200 (4 of us )every night for dinner trust me I would have ate there every night. Wow, the night that we did eat there the dinner for all 4 of us was 10 star, amazing.... Very high quality and service, truly impressive.

It would be my suggestion that perhaps a steakhouse type restaurant be added or keep La Barca and Madero open until at least 8:00 p.m. for a better variety at the resort.

11) Gift Shop and deli – both great, and both reasonably priced. The deli is a great place to pick up not only gifts but snacks....

12) Resort Property – beautifully maintained and I love that it is not too small but not too big either. Very easy to navigate around...

13) Transportation – May I suggest a daily shuttle service to Cabo and San Jose, not hourly but let’s say more around the evening especially if the restaurant variety is going to be limited. Taxi’s were expensive…..

14 Value for money – 10 Star all the way…. I thought for a resort of this calibre it was reasonably priced. We prepaid and got a great deal.... Look out for the deals....

15) Spa - had a not had gotten suburned I would have gotten a massage as the spa looked very beautiful but honestly a bit expensive....

In closing we were very happy with the Hilton Los Cabos and cannot wait to plan our next vacation in the near future. We will definately be back..... OLA

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2010

Thank you for your genuine and thorough review. I'm so glad you recognize that what truly sets the Hilton Los Cabos apart is our incredible people. Every last member of our team is committed to going above and beyond and to treating every guest as an individual. A return visit to our resort should be like time spent with old friends. We'll be sure to share your words with Christian and Jorge - as if he didn't hear it all the time.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Hilton Los Cabos.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,500)

Reviewed 3 August 2010

I recently visited the Hilton Los Cabo in July 2010 and I was blown away by this resort. I was not sure what to expect, but when I arrived I knew I made the right choice. To be honesty, I was very hesitant about planning a vacation to Mexico with everything that is currently going on, but once I arrived all of my fears disappeared.

The resort was incredible and staff was very welcoming. I was greeted with a “welcome” drink while checking-in! I couldn’t think of a better way to start my vacation. My room was spacious and spotless, as the rest of the resort.

My favorite part of the resorts had to be the swimming pools which looked out onto the ocean. I pretty much stayed at the pool all day before heading into town. The hotel offers several different restaurant choices but I kept it casual by frequently the swim-up pool bar and Deli.

If you do plan on going into town, be smart about the choices you make. There is a bus stop located outside of the hotel and I saw many hotel guests utilizing, which is nice if you didn’t rent a car. Unlike most hotels, parking is free, including valet.

I also wanted to mention that you can exchange your money at the hotel. I highly recommend the Hilton Los Cabo and can’t wait to stay there again!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2010

Thank you for all the kind words. Traveling to another country can be a scary endeavor, but that's just another great reason to choose Los Cabos. Our guests enjoy the authenticity of Mexico in neighboring towns like San Jose Del Cabo, but also the security of a tight-knit resort community. We assure that our guests should feel no less than completely safe. Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed 3 August 2010

This was my second visit to the Hilton Los Cabos. Often when you are impressed the first time, the second visit results in a letdown. Not in this case, as the Hilton met or exceeded my expectations. The location is good, the hotel and grounds are very well kept, but the difference here is the staff. Everyone, literally every employee I came in contact with had a smile on their face and greeted me with a "hola". From check-in to departure, I could have not asked for a better experience. This trip I used the fitness center, which is very nice, clean, good sized, and in excellent condition. I spent most days at the pool, and the pool service was wonderful. Drink and pool food prices weren't too bad, in my opinion, keeping in mind you are staying at a resort hotel. The breakfast buffet was great. The lobby bar was perfect for a few more margaritas after the pool service stops for the day. All this at a very reasonable price....

It doesn't get much better than this. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2010

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Clearly, we strive every day to maintain and even improve upon the level of service and value that our guests have come to expect from Hilton Los Cabos. Nothing thrills us more than hearing a return guest say that a second, third or even fourth trip still captures all the magic.

We hope your first and second trips are just the beginning. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 1 August 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos for 11 nights in July and were on our honeymoon! We can't say enough good things about this resort and cannot wait to go back.

There are so many great things about this hotel. The food is by far the best we have ever had at any resort/hotel (and we've both been to many different resorts all over). They also give big portions so we shared a lot of our main course dishes. The breakfast buritto at El Meson was one of our favourites and we split that a few times as it was so big.

The hotel rooms are big and spotlessly clean. The beds are so comfortable. We had room 4027 and the view was absolutely amazing, overlooking the sea of cortez. It was breathtaking.The staff at the Hilton are amazing, so helpful, curtious and happy! We took the local bus into Cabo San Lucas a few times as it was cheaper than a taxi and it was very safe.

The one thing they didn't have was entertainment in the evening, but you could go into Cabo San Lucas for that if you needed the nightlife. They also have a great fitness centre which we used.

Also, room service at this hotel is amazing! The food excellent.

Overall I would reccomend this hotel to anyone. It really was the best vacation we've ever had.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

Thank you for sharing your honeymoon experience with the community! We are so excited you chose Hilton Los Cabos to commemorate such an important occasion. From our delicious dining options to our beautiful rooms, we’ve taken every measure to ensure you enjoy the perfect beach vacation. We are immensely pleased that your honeymoon here was the best vacation you’ve ever had – that definitely says a lot! Thanks again for staying at our resort for your honeymoon. Congratulations and come back soon!

Reviewed 31 July 2010

hotel w/ infinity pool, and great service. They do something more than you expect. Surprises they prepared for us was really great!

Stayed: September 2009

Thank you for submitting a review. We love to anticipate the needs of our guests and provide unexpected surprises that leave a lasting impression long after you’ve departed. Again, thank you for choosing Hilton Los Cabos and we hope your will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2010

This was my second visit to Hilton Los cabos. To be precise both visits were spent in timeshare units but the experience is one and the same. The first time I brought my teenage daughters and a their friend-We had an amazing time and were treated like royalty. Last month, four years removed, I brought my girlfriend and everything that I loved on my first visit and then some we experienced together.

Beautiful Location, Beautiful accomodations, Incredible I mean incredible service, great food-This hotel represents what every fine hotel should offer. I am a Westin timeshare owner and have had the good fortune to do my share of "fine" travel both in luxury timeshares and luxury hotels. The Hilton Los Cabos as a "package" has no equals in my experience-Beautiful, friendly, comfortable-makes me hate to leave after a week.

My girlfriend does not like to repeat visit-she asked me if we can return next year-no hesitation on my part-if your smart you'll be there too!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience at Hilton Los Cabos. We are very pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations even on your second visit. We know our location and property are immensely beautiful, but we take the most pride in our first-class service. We want all of our guests to feel like they are “treated like royalty”. Thanks again for your many compliments and we'll see you again next year!

Reviewed 30 July 2010

My favorite Hilton to date!!! The resort is beautiful and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I had sent an email in advance asking that our room be decorated for my husbands birthday so the room was full of balloons & a towel elephant when we got there which was very nice. We did an 80 minute couples massage on the beach that was wonderful. The pools are beautiful and even though other guests felt the need to save empty chairs for hours at a time which i find to be obnoxious, we never had any trouble getting a chair when we wanted one. The service by the pool was really good. Our two favorite waiters were Alejandro and Miguel. The Sea Bass Tacos were delicious! I have been craving them since we got home. The breakfast buffet was also very good. We will definitely be going back to the Hilton Los Cabos.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple