My husband and two teenage daughters were guests at the Hilton Los Cabos for 9 nights from July 22-July 31st. I have travelled extensively in Canada/US and Europe and this hotel rates right up there. The one items that truly stands out is the service. Everyone here understands the meaning of teamwork and although certain people you come into contact with will stand out and overall impression you are left with is great service by everyone.
OK, here we go item by item
1) Check In
Very smooth and most welcoming with pomegranite margueritas for everyone. They were anticipating our arrival which made us feel very special. Also, nice gesture they decorated our room with ballons as it was a trip celebrating my husband's 50th birthday.
2) Room- room was lovely ( room 2004) however I was not happy with the location. I would have much preferred the main part overlooking the pool. I had previously requested via emails to the Hotel a higher floor and was told I would be accommodated. I had also requested the room with the extended balcony via an upgrade and was willing to pay for it however was told that was not available. That I am fine with however why would we not have been placed in a room on a higher floor as per my previous request? Room 2004 was a walkout to a patio. I believe we were not switched when I asked because our room had already been decorated with balloons for my husbands Birthday. I should have insisted but felt bad to press the issue. If the extended balcony was not available I feel we should have been offered the option of another upgrade such as the oceanfront room….. Bathrooms very large and spacious
3) Housekeeping- very efficient and pleasant
4) Pool - absolutely beautiful, we all loved it…..One of the best infinity pools we have ever seen.
5) Pool Service – 10 stars very accommodating- great food and even better drinks….reasonably priced I feel for a what is a 5 star resort in my opinion
6) Pool Concierge- Jorge or George of the Jungle as he is referred to is truly outstanding. He actually I believe saved both my husband and I as we both got severely sunburned. He saw what had happened and rushed to our aid, cutting aloe plants from the property and applying it to our affected areas. The next day he came right over to us to see how we were doing, his concern was truly appreciated, outstanding service….. The cleaning of the sunglasses and fresh water mist spray for your face was also a plus….in addition to our daily grapes, and moist face towels. Again outstanding.
7) El Meson – wow, fantastic. The breakfast buffet was truly delicious and honestly you would need an iron stomach to eat everything offered. The one thing about this restaurant besides the great food that truly sticks out is the service. I have never been to a restaurant where everyone works like a team such as this one. You barely had time to walk back to your table before wait staff including managers would take your plate back to your table. No one is above anyone they work all together. Keep that service up as I believe it truly sets you apart….. I have to say we did receive extra special service from our daily waiter, Christian… One day my husband did not ask to sit in his section and we got into a fight as I was upset….. ha ha He made the both of us and our daughters (his princesses) feel very special, a big shout out to Christian…..
Although Le Meson was fantastic with both food and service (we ate breakfast there everyday and dinner 3 nights) I would have liked a larger menu selection at dinner and perhaps not totally geared to Mexican fare. However, when we did eat there at dinner it was wonderful....
8) La Vista – beautiful atmosphere, view and the food was good as well (light bites) as well as the coktails
9) Pool Restaurants (La Barca and Madero Grill)
Both the La Barca and Madero Grill were fantastic and and only negative comment is really a positive one, we would have preferred longer hours. The Sushi was outstanding (my kids know sushi and they say this is the best they have had) and the menu selection at Madero was great, pizzas, tacos and salads were great.
10) La Fenicia
If I could afford to spend $200 (4 of us )every night for dinner trust me I would have ate there every night. Wow, the night that we did eat there the dinner for all 4 of us was 10 star, amazing.... Very high quality and service, truly impressive.
It would be my suggestion that perhaps a steakhouse type restaurant be added or keep La Barca and Madero open until at least 8:00 p.m. for a better variety at the resort.
11) Gift Shop and deli – both great, and both reasonably priced. The deli is a great place to pick up not only gifts but snacks....
12) Resort Property – beautifully maintained and I love that it is not too small but not too big either. Very easy to navigate around...
13) Transportation – May I suggest a daily shuttle service to Cabo and San Jose, not hourly but let’s say more around the evening especially if the restaurant variety is going to be limited. Taxi’s were expensive…..
14 Value for money – 10 Star all the way…. I thought for a resort of this calibre it was reasonably priced. We prepaid and got a great deal.... Look out for the deals....
15) Spa - had a not had gotten suburned I would have gotten a massage as the spa looked very beautiful but honestly a bit expensive....
In closing we were very happy with the Hilton Los Cabos and cannot wait to plan our next vacation in the near future. We will definately be back..... OLA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover award-winning hospitality at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort-only 25 minutes from San Jose del Cabo International Airport (SJD). Our Cabo San Lucas resort is located on a tranquil swimming-allowed inlet bay between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, and provides the action of the city and a soothing escape from the hustle of daily life. Relax in the sun beside our signature infinity pool, where our Pool Concierge attends to your every need, whether it's a fresh towel or a tasty fruit pop to help you cool down. With an excellent Kids Program, there are specially designed activities for guests aged 4-12. Choose from a wealth of dining options at this Los Cabos resort's four restaurants. Indulge in innovative massage treatments at Spa Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach And Golf Resort
- Hilton San Jose Del Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort
- San Jose Del Cabo Hilton
- Hilton Cabo
- Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort San Jose Del Cabo