4,843 results
All reviews vista club la vista el mason el meson restaurant los cabos infinity pool diamond member full buffet breakfast buffet sushi swimmable beach pool concierge swim up bar ocean view beautiful property rented a car fitness center
Reviewed January 25, 2011

When looking into where to stay in Cabo I had read the many wonderful reviews of the Hilton and decided to stay there. Our expectations were exceeded on every level. We had a junior suite interconnecting with a double suite on the top floor. (I did book nearly 8 months in advance). The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The beds are comfortable. Luxurious robes,slippers,towels and bathroom products were provided.
The hotel and grounds are enormous and wonderfully designed with a real Mexican flavour.
Every staff member from the moment we came until we left were so helpful,knowledgable and genuinely happy to help. Hats off to the management and staff!
Each day we had a cabana overlooking the beach which was magical.The beach is set on miles of sand to walk on. You can swim in the beach if you don't go far or jetski,canoe etc.
Two huge pools and jacuzzis to relax in. A huge fitness centre and luxurious spa.
We have stayed at many resort hotels and the food here was outstanding. A woodfire is going all day and delicious bbq smells waft in the air . Japanese,Italian,pizzas,Mexican you name it..all first class. The buffet breakfast on the terrace with a live spanish guitarist just made you want to never leave.
Particular mention to Jorge and the pool staff....magazines,free icypoles,massages,sunglass cleaning and the most attentive service. Our son wanted to play a piano ...it was immediately organised,I lost my novel and it was like the whole hotel was looking for it (they found it!!) My wife practised our newly learned Spanish with the staff who were so patient and helpful.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough. It really is a gem!
Thank you Hilton for making our holiday the best experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with the community! Our goal is to exceed your expectations in every aspect of your vacation and we’re so happy it was achieved during your stay with us. It is great to see that you had the chance to check out all of our hotel’s amenities and were able to utilize all our services. Thank you for your compliments to our staff. They love their jobs and work hard to make each and every visitor feel like they are an honored guest in our home. We will be sure to pass on your praise to Jorge, the pool staff and the rest of our employees. Again, we appreciate your recommendation and we couldn’t be happier that you had such a wonderful holiday here. We hope you will choose us again for your next Cabo vacation!

Reviewed January 24, 2011

The hotel is large and well designed. Marble floors etc. Rooms are very well appointed with seperate showers and deep tub etc. Views are spectacular. 15 minute drive to the tourist town of Los Cabos. Pool water nice and warm in comparison to the cold ocean water in January. We had a great experience there

• Stayed: January 2011
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Thank you for submitting your review of Hilton Los Cabos. We are delighted to hear of your great experience at our property. Thank you for the recommendation and for allowing us to be a part of your vacation! Please come back and visit!

Reviewed January 22, 2011

We were here four nights over the MLK weekend holiday and had a fantastic time. We emailed the hotel in advance and were met at the airport by our driver, Jorge, in a Cadillac Escalade which contained a cooler of icy, Mexican beer. As others have pointed out, after going through customs you have to run the guantlet of con-men trying to get you to come with them, "Miss, miss, I'm from your hotel, come with me!" When we made the car service reservations they were clear about the fact that you should just keep going, exit out the door to the right where the legitimate drivers are waiting. I can't imagine why the airport allows the con-men to stand inside the airport while the legitimate drivers are made to wait outside, but whatever.

After a short but scenic drive we arrived at the hotel, were whisked to the front desk where there was no wait, and offered a Margarita while we checked in. My first impression of the hotel was terrific, the lobby area is gorgeous and the service was extremely friendly and efficient.

I had booked a premiere suite on the top floor of the hotel, and it was much larger and nicer than I expected from looking at the pictures on the hotel website. We had a large room that contained a sofa, desk, dining table with four chairs, and a fridge that had mini-bar items in it (beer, soda and snacks) but also had extra room to put your own stuff in. There were two bathrooms and a very spacious bedroom. We had an enormous terrace with a table and two chairs, and a full-sized sofa.

We got into the routine of ordering a pot of coffee from room service every morning, then making our way down to the breakfast buffet where everything was delicious. They had a guitarist playing at the restaurant each morning, and the view from the outdoor seating area of the infinity pool and the ocean was just breathtaking.

Speaking of the pool, we decided that there was no way we were spending our vacation setting the alarm for 5AM to reserve pool chairs like some of our fellow guests. We meandered down to breakfast each day at about 10:30 (they serve until 11:30) and had no trouble finding chairs after breakfast in great locations. Our favorites were the chairs on the walkway between the two pools overlooking the ocean, and the chairs behind the sushi restaurant. Unless you're hell-bent on sitting right at the edge of the infinity pool facing the sea, you will have no trouble finding a chair. And frankly, the chairs people reserve at the edge of the pool seem to be the least desirable places to sit, since it's the loudest area of the property with screaming kids and partiers and whatnot. We were happy to hang out with the other chill, quiet adults in less-traffficked areas.

Overall the food here was terrific. We ordered lunch everyday from the pool waiters and had room service dinner a couple of times, once out on our terrace, which was great. We also had dinner at the restaurant one night (can't recall the name, but it's the same one that serves breakfast) and it was very nice.

As most others have pointed out, the service at this hotel is just phenomenal. The staff goes out of their way to learn your names and greet you, and there's nothing they won't do to make your stay more memorable. Add to that the fact that the resort itself is beautiful, and meticulously maintained.

If I had to complain about something it would be that they charge for wifi, and it's agonizingly slow. Like, slower than dial-up days of yore. On a plus note, they let you use the business center to print your boarding passes free of charge.

Overall a great experience at a beautiful resort with stellar service. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GogoSanFrancisco

Thank you for submitting your review of Hilton Los Cabos! We are so honored to have had the opportunity to provide you with a satisfying vacation experience. We appreciate your recommendations and travel tips. We know that other guests will find your review to be very helpful to get the most out of their visit. Thanks again for choosing our resort and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 21, 2011

It’s cold in the Midwest; it was my birthday - two good reasons to fly to Los Cabos. I had read excellent reviews of this Hilton on Flyer Talk and Trip Advisor, but I was dubious. Was the service truly as wonderful as everyone said? In a word, “Yes!”

As check-in, we learned that we had received a complimentary upgrade to a full suite, which was decorated with many balloons. Some balloon strings were tied to lamps, some strings were tucked under pillows so as not to fly away, and some were weighed down by pieces of chocolates filled with Kahlua. On the dining table was an edible box made of chocolate. Upon lifting the lid (also made of chocolate), I found a white cake with a layer of fresh raspberries and blackberries. My husband I devoured the cake the first night, but it took us four days to eat the chocolate box and the lid. The hotel also provided a large bowl of fresh fruit (apples, pears, mangoes, bananas, peaches, plums) and a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. The plate also included what looked to be a Mayan head made of white chocolate. All this, plus the complimentary margaritas offered at check-in!

The suite included two full bath rooms – one with a soaking tub. In addition, we had a balcony that ran the length of the two rooms with a sofa, two chairs and a table where we could sit and enjoy the ocean view.

Instead of the standard La Source toiletries, this hotel offers L’Occitane’s verbena products. After my husband mentioned to housekeeping that I liked the body lotion, the staff made a point of leaving an extra body lotion every day.

Food and drinks are expensive at this hotel, but the quality was outstanding. We had the continental breakfast each morning in El Meson. I enjoyed sampling the different juices – cantaloupe, papaya, watermelon, and cactus, in addition to the standard orange and pineapple juice. In addition to fruit and yogurt (the mango was my favorite), there was a large selection of breads, pastries, and cookies. On a few mornings, we paid an extra (110 pesos each; about $9 each) to upgrade to the full breakfast, which included made-to-order omelettes, bacon, waffles, fajitas, burritos, etc.

On two evenings, we had dinner at El Meson where I had the most refined Mexican food that I had ever tasted. My favorite part of the El Meson dinner was the “salsa lady”. She comes to the table with her cart and makes salsa to order. You can specify the amount of salt, garlic, pepper, cilantro, onion, etc. and she mixes everything in front of you. The salsa, guacamole, and chips were complimentary. The first evening, we had ordered appetizers. On the other evening, we skipped appetizers as we knew that the salsa and chips were coming.

Two other evenings, we had dinner at Fenicia, the Italian restaurant where the risotto rivals what I’ve had in Italy. On both evenings, I also had lamb chops. On the second evening, I mentioned that I didn’t care for the sauce. The chef had no problems preparing the lamb chops differently for me. And because I really liked the “salsa lady”, El Meson delivered some salsa and guacamole down to Fenicia for us.

We did not try the two bar/restaurants at the pool area, but we did go to La Vista for Happy Hour one evening. Happy Hour is from 5:00 to 6:00 every day. Instead of 120 pesos (about $10), drinks (margaritas, daiquiris, etc.) cost only 70 pesos. People have mentioned free hors d’ouevres with the drinks, but the drinks now only come with half a dozen tortilla chips. We also had a Mexican coffee one night after dinner. Both El Meson and Fenicia prepare the coffee table-side.

Everyone’s favorite is Jorge de la Selva, the pool concierge, who introduced himself to us as “El Gordito”. Jorge comes around with a cart of books and board games for guests to check out. He also provides complimentary fruit popsicles (mango, watermelon, and pineapple were the ones I tried), plus refreshing wash cloths to the guests around the pool area. One afternoon, he asked for my husband’s sunglasses and polished them.

We had rented a car at the airport and kept it for two days. During the two days, we explored the two neighboring cities of San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas. After returning the car to the National rental office on site at the hotel, I was afraid that I would be bored for the remaining three days. I had no problems lying in a cabana reading, napping, or simply watching the ocean. I felt as if my brain went through a complete detox.

In addition to Jorge, special thanks go to Micaela, who corresponded with my husband pre-arrival and arranged for the upgrade. Pablo and Michel, the two regular concierges were always helpful, and I especially liked all the staff at El Meson.

Having stayed at well over 100 different Hilton hotels (from Vancouver to Buenos Aires; from Hong Kong to Dubai), I definitely rate the Hilton Los Cabos as one of the top five.

Other hints/facts, etc. - On our last day, we took a taxi from the hotel to the airport. The fare was either 350 pesos or $35 USD. Obviously, paying in pesos was the better deal. At arrival, I did not see an ATM at the airport, but there is one at the National car rental (slightly off site). There is also an ATM at the hotel. The hotel provided us with a coupon for a free lip balm and solid tube of sunscreen, which we picked up at the spa. We didn’t try the spa, but one day the spa ladies provided complimentary 5-minute massages in the lobby.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bamboola
Reviewed January 19, 2011

When I stepped out of the taxi and entered the lobby of the Hilton Los Cabos Golf & Beach Resort, I knew that I had arrived at a special place. I was looking for rest and relaxation and that is exactly what I found. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. The ammenities were first class. The food was delicious. And the service was second to none. The property was exactly what I had to come to know when staying at a Hilton. When my 7 night stay had come to an end, I was already thinking ahead to my next visit to Los Cabos and my next stay at the Hilton Los Cabos Golf & Beach Resort. It was just that good!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
GabrielaBarron, General Manager at Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

Thank you for sharing your review of our property. If rest and relaxation is what you seek, there’s no better place than Hilton Los Cabos. We are thrilled that our amenities, features and services lived up to your expectations. We agree that this is a special place and we look forward to exceeding your expectations on your next visit. Best wishes!